Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are cities giant parking lots?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 19, 2012 01:01PM

Having enhanced smell is one benefit of the raw diet. With this benefit also comes the awareness of cars and air pollution. I can smell all cars that go by! I am starting to real. Are the landscapes of parking lots a byproduct of modern society? Cars are everywhere and even more visible than people. They say they are good for the economy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are cities giant parking lots?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:57PM

Hey, man, I'm from Detroit. That ship sailed a looooooooooong time ago!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 20, 2012 06:29AM

This is part of the reason I'm writing a science fiction story in which people fly through the air, the highways were all torn up and replanted with fruit trees.

Utoooooooooooooopia~

All I can say is, I feel you. Be wary of anyone who tells you XYZ piece of technology is being implemented to "make life easier."

I think all technology is not necessarily bad, IF:
a) we understand much of the complicated technology being implemented at the end-user level (and we don't)
and b) we have an excellent failsafe system in place in case said wonderful technology fails (and again, we don't, e.g., Fukushima)

The internet is really the final frontier and an absolute game changer, as far as technology is concerned. We have the power to educate ourselves, and therefore, the power to consciously accept which bits of technology we work into our lives. It becomes a collective responsibility. If we don't collectively engage in the application and dissemination of technology, WE ARE DOOMED... to things like buggy remote-controlled implant organs that ultimately fail, and were supposed to be a cure for whatever unnatural disease we created in the first place, by failing to align our technology with the planet.

(I'm in a very intense mood tonight, I think it's showing tongue sticking out smiley )

Date: March 20, 2012 10:10AM

Maybe for every advantage of technologyy there is a disadvantage. If it alters the balance, then somehow something else gives up.

Date: March 20, 2012 03:13PM

Maybe for every advantage of technologyy there is a disadvantage

Oh, for sure. Nanotechnology gives me the heebie jeebies, btw. Good luck with that short story smiling smiley

Date: March 20, 2012 06:23PM

It could be that the technology-solution originates a set of new problems. It could be that some solutions have secondary effects.

Date: March 20, 2012 11:01PM

Also, as technology becomes more complex, it is more difficult to see its problems. :O Like living in a giant parking lot...

We need to find a way to make transportation CONGRUENT with the earth, that's all.

Date: March 21, 2012 12:23AM

Sorry, phantom, I meant to wish YOU good luck on that short story!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2012 01:03AM

Why do people need to go everywhere all the time anyhow? If we were to focus our energy locally, move at a slower pace, the global economy might not flourish the way it has but there was a time not long ago when there wasn't any such thing as a global economy, it was all local and we lived just fine. Would it be so terrible to slow down the profit driven machine in exchange for a little more back to basic living?

Date: March 21, 2012 03:44AM

Greece has got it going on...

[www.rawstory.com]

I apologizes if this treads too closely on the "no economics" policy, and may be deleted if necessary.

But my point is, the HIGH SPEED CHAOS of what is happening globally has a funny way of helping communities find each other again.

Although I love sharing wisdom with people all over the world on the internet... and do like a bit of imported durian. angry smiley

Date: March 21, 2012 02:54PM

coco,

Would it be so terrible to slow down the profit driven machine in exchange for a little more back to basic living?

There you go, talkin' like a Commie again grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables