Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

distilled water bad for you??
Date: February 28, 2009 03:58AM

excerpt from Dr. Mercola's Total Health Cookbook and Program

"Drinking distilled water should also be avoided; distilled water is, first of all, highly acidic.
Most people are far too acidic already and more acid will continue to push the PH of the body in
the wrong direction. And though distilled water is supposed to be free of contaminants, many of
the devices that distill the water are made of metal and actually add certain toxic metals like nickel
into the water. Another important point is that distilled water has an osmotic gradient because it
is a hypotonic solution. If a hypotonic solution (low in particles) interacts with another solution
that is hypertonic (high in particles, such as the bloodstream) then the particles will gravitate from
the high to the low solution. This means that distilled water can actually leach beneficial minerals
out of your bloodstream and out of your body. While some people have claimed distilled water
provides detoxification over the short term because of this, over the long run this is highly
counterproductive. Water also has a very delicate atomic structure that can be easily damaged when
it is mechanically distilled."

link 1 [www.mercola.com]

link 2 [www.mercola.com]

I'm no expert in water, what do you guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: distilled water bad for you??
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 28, 2009 04:33AM

Well, it's cooked. So a raw foodist shouldn't be drinking it anyhow. Nice and neat : )

Re: distilled water bad for you??
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 28, 2009 04:55PM

Some swear by spring water; others by distilled. There have been controversies over this for decades. I've tried both and personally prefer distilled when I'm water fasting, but don't use it that much at any other time. Lately I've been using filtered water.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables