Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How many breaths do you take to blow up.....
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 15, 2012 04:12PM

If anyone wants to try this experiment of how many breaths it takes to blow up a balloon or beach ball and post their results please do here.

State what you are blowing up and maybe the size too and how many breaths it takes to finish. I'm going to go a see if I can buy a beach ball from the dollar store and if they don't have those some balloons..or maybe those punch balls..it's the dollar store, maybe all 3!

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many breaths do you take to blow up.....
Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 15, 2012 08:58PM

What is the experiment? It might be difficult to generalise, the balloons will differ - some will be bigger, some smaller, some firmer, some softer - which would affect the number of breaths.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: September 15, 2012 09:51PM

This is just for FUN..no big deal, nothing to do with trying to 'win' anything, no need to be so precise. It's really all about testing your lung capacity, then you can post whatever you like about your experience. This is more about learning something about yourself..not anyone else learning about you.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 15, 2012 11:30PM

If you want to know your lung capacity, maybe a volumetric incentivizing spirometer, which costs a bit more than a beach ball, is a more practical choice:

[www.amazon.com]

I find blowing up a beach ball daunting because it's unwieldy and because I hate putting my lips to any kind of smelly plastic for more than a second; yeah, I'm paranoid that way. I can tell you from experience that an incentive spirometer is challenging enough, but accurate.

Date: September 15, 2012 11:55PM

Simple to just try to blow up a beach ball or balloon..no need to go scientific with gadgets.

Something I had read (maybe I need a t.v. instead of reading so much) got me thinking about the folks here that are into yoga, the fitness people that bike, run, etc..how would they fare in just blowing up a simple beach ball or balloon.

Hence..the request for volunteers to give it a go. Also, I read in same article that practicing blowing up something will strengthen your breathing capacity.

I pretty much know my lung capacity and it sucks airsmiling smiley I have though blown up many a beach ball since I used them in my childcare practice. It was not a chore I liked much.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables