Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Underarm chemical burn
Posted by: veganrawdude ()
Date: September 05, 2012 03:04AM

SO, I was at the gym and after workout used a buddy's "Axe" deoderant spray. I usually use some natural stuff I have, but ran out.

Immediately I felt a burning/stinging sensation and ran to the sink & washed it off. Too late, I now have a nasty chemical burn in the whole armpit area. I have used antibiotic ointment for a couple of days but it doesn't seem to be improving very much.

Any suggestions for some quick healing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Underarm chemical burn
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 05, 2012 03:29AM

Fresh aloe leaf. Either buy a plant or I know Whole Foods sells large slices of them at a good price.

(The gel, of course. But only FRESH. The other stuff sucks.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 03:30AM by banana who.

Date: September 05, 2012 03:36AM

I have two large aloe plants - I will try that. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself... winking smiley

I did apply some calamine lotion the other day and it stung/burned as much as the initial deoderant did. Usually that lotion provides some relief.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 06, 2012 03:57PM

I've experienced this and I feel your pain, veganrawdude! Aloe, definitely!

Also, the entire AXE body "care" line is made of the devil's spit, so it's no wonder.

Date: September 07, 2012 02:37AM

"Also, the entire AXE body "care" line is made of the devil's spit, so it's no wonder." LOL - agreed!

To my dismay, both of my Aloe plants are dried up. Guess I haven't been caring for them properly. The are both over a 8" or so tall and are green/healthy looking, but the leaves are completely flat with nothing in them...

Never had that happen before. Is there any way to nurse these plants back to life?

Date: September 07, 2012 03:23PM

veganrawdude,

This may help:

[www.wikihow.com]

Date: September 18, 2012 10:33AM

Update -

I am still dealing with this. From what I understand, I have contact dermatitis resulting from the chemical spray.

A couple of co-workers suggested hydrocortisone creams. I tried that, and it stung & didn't really do anything for me other than irritate it more. Some searches for natural healing turned up vitamin E, coconut oil, natural oils.

I had some coconut oil on hand and used it for the last two days. It is messy, but I am getting relief & healing from it. I have also used Almond oil, which is less messy, and that seems to work as well.

Date: September 22, 2012 01:11PM

You really can't go wrong with coconut oil; it's kind of a cure-all for topical irritations. It's good that you're going the "natural" route.

Speedy healing to yasmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables