Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Too skinny
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2009 09:18AM

Hello,
I would like to aks - Can I start with living food/raw food diet when I have weight problems - Im too skiny (44kg/165cm). Or what should I eat to not become even skinnier..?
Thank you very much for your advise.
Marianna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too skinny
Posted by: sachmo ()
Date: March 10, 2009 10:45AM

Hello,
I I have heard that bowel cleansing can help those underweight as is can be that plauque is preventing you from digesting calories (however don't KNOW this) Also eating lots of avocados, olives, dates, nuts, bannanas (don't know if you are fruitarian) also just eating lots! shold help.
I hope this helps, good luck
Sachmo

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 12, 2009 12:43AM

Marriana, I don't know your nationality or age but I mention it because some Asian women who are very young can be very healthy at such a BMI.

I am neither young nor Asian but only a cm shorter with a few more kg. People tell me I am skinny but sometimes with envy. I am happy with my weight.

If you feel that gaining a few kg is impossible on all raw then you can incorporate some steamed vegetables, especially sweet potato and winter squash, or maybe a handful of whole grains and legumes here and there. It will still be a very healthy diet.

Date: March 13, 2009 12:25PM

Thank you very much for your advises,
Arugula Im actually from mid Europe - Slovakia and Im 21. I feel the best when I have 48kg but the trouble is that I lose weight so quickly (I mean water and fat) when I dont eat fat and heavy foods (meat,mayonnaise etc). I really would like to start eating fresh food but Im afraid that when I will lose all the fat I will look like a skeleton!
What should I do?
Thank you very much!
Marianna

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 13, 2009 03:27PM

Marianna,

I understand that it's typical for one to purge a great deal of fat in the initial stages of detoxification because this is where toxins are seated. You may be "skinny" but this doesn't mean there aren't things in your tissues that must be eliminated. Further, once one is sufficiently "cleansed" by the consumption of raw foods, one's weight climbs back up to what is optimal. That is, very few raw foodists who are consuming enough calories from a wide enough array of food groups become emaciated and stay that way. Instead, they move from thiness to healthy slimness with good musculature, and remain that way, as long as eating and muscle-building activity are consistent and of a beneficial nature. If you have consumed the standard eastern European diet of pork, beef, and starchy vegetables, your body may still have a lot of adjusting to do to achieve health, even if you appear thin. This is not a bad thing. Please do as much reading as you can to reassure yourself that you will not starve to death on this regimen, as long as you keep yourself properly nourished and active.

Here's a wee lecture on this from the Hippocrates Institute people:
[www.youtube.com]

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 03:42PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 15, 2009 02:13AM

Marianna, you can make your raw diet more calorie-dense by using more nuts/seeds and fatty fruit (coconut, olive, avocado). I use olive oil on my salads and put walnuts on top of them, sometimes I add some avocado. I put flax in my fruit smoothies and sometimes some coconut.

But I do not do the very high fat raw that some people are doing. Yes, it is possible to be fat with only raw, if you are eating lots of fat and drinking lots of sweet juices. Probably not if you are only eating whole non-fatty fruit and greens.

Date: March 16, 2009 09:07AM

Thank you very much!! :- )
Your comments encouraged me to begin to eat and live healthy without any fear.
Marianna

Posted by: windy ()
Date: March 25, 2009 02:03PM

I would guess that during the first 3 months you will lose weight, and then it should stop. And you should start gaining the lost weight back..

I actually read that from a book.

But my own experience:
I lost too much weight during the first 3 months (about 10% of my weight), And then I tried to eat more seeds, avocados and sprouts. Even if I wasnt hungry, And losing weight slowed down. (didn't stop)

And then (last summer) I started eating bread, and chocolate, and some calorie-rich cooked foods, but still mostly raw. And now I have gained few kilos back.

The thing is. I lost weight, but I felt GREAT at the same time. And I dont think it was unhealthy (because I felt great). At the end I felt "too" skinny and that made me want to eat more unhealthily

I think I will try raw again.. but the next time I will be "only" 95% raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables