Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is Ceramic safe to drink out of?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 18, 2006 05:45PM

always hearing about plastic nothing about ceramic..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Ceramic safe to drink out of?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 19, 2006 01:10PM

Depends of if it's certified lead free. If not, the answer is no. My pickling kettle, for example, is certified lead free. Glass is safe to drink out of and certain plastics but I generally prefer glass. You can do a search for lead free ceramics and purchas a few mugs, etc. They are available in cyberspace or the world wide web.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: nik ()
Date: July 25, 2006 03:48AM

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2006 03:50AM by nik.

Date: July 25, 2006 03:50AM

What about the shiny coating on most ceramics? I notice that on ceramic dishes and pans and don't know if that leaches or what is up with it.

Date: July 25, 2006 01:35PM

nik,

If it doesn't say lead free on any of the ceramics then you have your answer.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: July 29, 2006 11:00PM

Lead is not the only thing that is toxic.

Date: July 30, 2006 02:35PM

Nik,

We were not talking about other things. We were speaking about how safe it is to drink out of ceramic. Funny thing is that I ordered a ceramic mug with yoda on the front and back. When hot liquid is inserted he's supposed to change color. The website lists this item as certified lead free. However, when I received it there was a label telling me that there was a chemical in the glazing, probably what causes yoda to change color, that has been known to cause cancer in mice. So, my cool yoda mug is now sitting in a display closet never to be used.

My safest recommendation is to use glass or find a mug that states it's lead free. The same applies to plates and bowls. Yes, they can be found. You may have to buy them on the internet but they're there.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 07, 2006 02:16AM

Glass is better than Ceramic.

Ceramic is better than Plastic.

It never ends..

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: January 14, 2007 05:41AM

can I assume that a glass jar used to hold olives is lead free? I'd like to reuse it to pickle my own vegetables.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables