Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Headaches and diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 17, 2009 06:05PM

I've been consistently having migraine headaches everyday for the past 2 - 3 weeks and about 2 or 3 weeks ago I started eating a more organic/vegetarian diet. I used to eat all sorts of processed foods and burgers, brats, chicken, etc. I watched a documentary called "The Beautiful Truth" and it opened my eyes to all the crap that is in the foods I used to eat. So now I buy mostly organic and natural foods, I have stopped eating all meats except for some occasional fish, and I still eat dairy.

Could it be coincidence that I've been getting headaches around the same time I dramatically changed my diet? Or do you think that it is surely due to the diet change? I've had streaks of headaches before but not this consistent and intense.

I've read about how some people experience "detoxification" when switching to a raw diet, is it possible that I may be experiencing this as well?

thoughts?

thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Headaches and diet
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 17, 2009 07:57PM

rspaulding,

This sure sounds like detox to me, especially of the nasty things that are used to preserve/cure processed meats--shades of MSG and Prague Powder no. 2 . . . Have you considered cutting out the remaining animal-based foods to see whether your symptoms don't subside? All animal proteins, whether meat[when I say "meat" I mean "flesh"] or dairy, are acidifying and toxifying. I don't mean to sound like I'm propagandizing. This is just science: environmental and metabolic waste chemicals are stored in fatty tissues until eliminated. Fish and cows have fatty tissues, but broccoli, for instance, does not. Which means that broccoli bears a smaller toxic load for you to potentially consume. It could be that your body is trying to detoxify, but the animal food you are still consuming is slowing the process down. Keep us posted.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2009 05:25PM

Well, I have picked up some organic soy milk to substitute the dairy milk. It's good with cereal but I dont like it so much in a glass. I've tried almond milk too which I do like, but it's kind of expensive. I have cut back on cheese, but man... thats gonna be tough!!

I had a couple head-ache free days this weekend, but last night and today I've had them again. We'll see as time goes by..

Posted by: happyhouse ()
Date: May 24, 2009 09:15AM

Hello

To me it reads as though you are de - toxing, and are right in the middle of eliminating a fair load of rubbish from you system. I would suggest to perhaps continue as you are, as too much eliminating too early in the piece can be difficult to deal with, and strong headaches are never real pleasant...

Headaches tend to occur whilst de - toxing as toxins if found in sufficient volume will cross the blood / brain barrier and irritate sensitive brain tissue. I would proceed as you are until such time that the headaches subside, indicating that toxic elimination again has platued, and that your body can handle another go...

I completely agree with Tamukha above, so just a different perspective...

Once you reach a point where further dietry induced de - toxing has ebbed, I would consider taking a product called MMS, and initiate further cleaning by removing the parasitic load that you have quite likely been cultivting over all the years of abberant eating...

I would suggest reading other peoples experiences at

[www.mmshealthyforlife.com]

If you then consider obtaining the Miracle Mineral Supplement, then the site at this address is reliable [www.mmshealthy4life.com]

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Adam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables