Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

If You're Worried About Getting the Flu, Try This Simple, Cheap Form of Prevention
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:56PM

Here's a simple preventative and remedy that is said to be highly effective in preventing flu:

from an Article on the Int'l. Chiropractic Pediatric Assoc. website:
[www.icpa4kids.org]

Excerpt:
Hydrogen Peroxide

In addition to the more well known products, I recently came across a ‘home remedy” on Mercola.com that I had not heard of before: hydrogen peroxide drops in the ear. It appears safe (so long as the peroxide is not swallowed or does not get into the eyes or is not used to frequently where it may dry out the ears)
Along with numerous testimonials from satisfied peroxide users, Mercola’s site had this to say, “From what we have read, hydrogen peroxide works quite well and is supposed to be effective 80% of the time, especially if done when the symptoms first appear. While it seems contrary to what we have been taught about colds and flu we know quite a few people who have tried it with great success.”
“In 1928 Richard Simmons, M.D. hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter through the ear canal. His findings were dismissed by the medical community. According to Dr. Simmons, contrary to what you may think or have been taught about how you catch the flu or the cold there is only one way that you can catch the two, and that's via the ear canal not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most have believed.”
“In 1938 German researchers had great success using hydrogen peroxide in dealing with colds and the flu. Their data has been ignored for over 60 years.
“It is important to begin treatment as soon as symptoms appear. If treatment is started promptly effectiveness seems to be in the 80% range.
“We have found remarkable results in curing the flu & cold within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each infected ear, (sometimes only one ear is infected) The H2O2 starts working within 2 to 3 minutes in killing the flu or cold; there will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging occurs.
“Wait until the bubbling & stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 min) then drain onto tissue and repeat other ear. A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in 3% solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars.
Although this method is perfectly safe for infant/children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging frightens them, they'll need someone they trust to put the hp in their ears. (don't get h2o2 in the eyes- if you do, flush with water).

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If You're Worried About Getting the Flu, Try This Simple, Cheap Form of Prevention
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 26, 2009 07:41PM

What me worry? Kwan govt has saved us again, after reading this I can go back to sleep and not have mad pig nightmares.

With the threat of a swine flu pandemic growing by the hour, President Obama wasted no time in appointing Rep. John Murtha (D-Penn) as Swine Flu Czar, where he will be responsible for ensuring that only adult Republicans are infected. Sources indicate that Obama did not originally plan to have a Swine Flu Czar, but that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton persuaded him that the swine flu was the leading edge of a “new right-wing extremist conspiracy” aimed at stanching Democratic immigration reform.

Commenting on the appointment, Obama praised Murtha, noting “Given that the Wall St. Journal has termed Rep. Murtha the ‘King of Pork,’ I could think of no better person qualified to address the impending swine flu threat. In addition, since it is well-known that I do not have a sense of humor, I thought it important to make a feeble pun that would eliminate all doubt.” Murtha immediately accepted the appointment, which was accompanied by a $1 Billion authorization to begin construction immediately on a Swine Flu Research Center in his Johnstown, PA district, already renowned for having the highest concentration in the entire world of Ph.D.s specializing in infectious diseases. The Center is expected to be completed within ninety-nine years.

Other Congressional leaders were quick to offer their thoughts. Leading children’s advocate Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT) elaborated on limiting the infection to adult Republicans: “The Democratic Party has always stood for protecting the children, and we will not back down from that proposal. The adults, however, can go to hell.” Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA), who has been leading lawmakers’ calls for investigations into CIA torture of suspected terrorists, her visage covered by a CDC-supplied hospital mask, offered, “This is an opportunity for the CIA, which has already created the HIV virus, to redeem itself by taking the fight to right-wing extremism first and stopping their obsessions about ‘the Republican-manufactured global terrorist threat.’”
all jokes aside read this -Pure politics and impure science: the swine flu affair / by Silverstein, Arthur M. Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, c1981. Call #: 614 ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 07:49PM by riverhousebill.

Re: If You're Worried About Getting the Flu, Try This Simple, Cheap Form of Prevention
Date: April 26, 2009 10:35PM

!!!LOL!!!! I laughed so hard, I think I just got a full abdominal workout!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 28, 2009 09:34PM

SWINE FLU IN MEXICO LINKED TO POORLY MANAGED FACTORY FARMS
By Levi Novey
ecoworldly.com
April 27th, 2009

[ecoworldly.com]
d-factory-farms/

Investigations now reveal that the swine flu epidemic that began in Mexico
and spread worldwide is probably connected to pollution caused by unsanitary
pig breeding farms in the region.

Various news outlets are covering the story, and here are some excerpts from
articles where you can find more information about this breaking news:

* Tom Phillpot at Grist asks: ³Is Smithfield Foods, the world¹s largest pork
packer and hog producer, linked to the outbreak? Smithfield operates massive
hog-raising operations Perote, Mexico, in the state of Vera Cruz, where the
outbreak originated. The operations, grouped under a Smithfield subsidiary
called Granjas Carrol, raise 950,000 hogs per year, according to the company
Web site.²

* The Mexican and U.S. hog industries have denied that they are responsible,
and David Kirby at The Huffington Post summarizes their claims, but ends his
column with this intriguing premise: ³There is no proof that this illness
emerged on a Mexican hog factory farm, or in Mexico, or even in hogs. But we
do know that Mexican pigs with swine flu are being destroyed. And we know
that Mexican lawmakers think that CAFOs are making people sick. And now we
know that a five-year-old girl in La Gloria has swine flu. I wonder if the
CDC is going to go check on her, and see how she contracted that virus.²

* At The Daily Green, Dan Shapley has put the outbreak into the larger
context of how large-scale outbreaks are generally linked to animals:
³Organizations like Wildlife Trust have for years been warning about this
type of outbreak -- an estimated 75% of human illness originates with
wildlife (think Lyme disease, West Nile virus and every other strain of
flu). The term used to describe that study is conservation medicine, since
preventing and treating outbreaks typically means tackling environmental
problems as well. For instance, in 1999, the deadly Nipah virus spread from
bats to humans to pigs because of deforestation of jungles of Borneo and
Malaysia.²

* Karl Burkart at the Mother Nature Network makes the now requisite climate
change connection: ³Though the mismanagement of the hog operation seems
primarily to blame for the outbreak, it is also important to note that last
year the Wildlife Conservation Society issued a statement that linked
climate change to the development of new and potentially lethal influenza
strains, particularly new strains of the avian flu. Changing weather
patterns are resulting in overpopulation of insects which then carry the
disease from bird to bird.²

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 30, 2009 03:30PM

DUCK TAPE left over from 911, you can cut a few small strips and cover ears and eyes, also Duck tape will help with avian bird flu malard strains only.
Donald Duck vaccines incorp

Date: May 03, 2009 08:33PM

InfoNews Meat raising industry causes hundreds of thousands of deaths, each year. Swine Flu is from pigs. Raised in larger than natural by livestock farms in warehouses, 1 gets it, it travels to infect all the animals, then before its ever detected thousands of infected livestock pigs get sent to be killed, eaten by humans, and then people begin dying before it's inevitably traced back to animal raising for food.

Bird flu, comes from poultry. Chickens raised by livestock farms for consumption. 1 gets it, then thousands in cages in close proximity are all susceptible to the spread of the infection. Before it's caught thousands get sent to KFC or tyson or packaged into meat in stores, bought eaten and kills multiple humans before it's inevitably traced back to a factory meat farm.

Avian flu H5N1 kills 50% of its victims. To put that in perspective, the great Spanish flu of the year 1918 killed over 50 MILLION humans. The flu killed more than several world wars. And the spanish flu was only 3% deadly. In contrast, the Avian bird flu kills half the people who get infected with it. The tendency is to think that things that happened long ago were more harsh, and they are nothing nowadays in the 21st century. However this exemplifies that the flu that is out there today has an even WORSE mortality and deadliness. And a reminder there is no cure for it. Remember it is killing half the people that contract it, even with today's medical knowledge and technology.

Beef is responsible for killing 12 people in Canada. It infects people with listeriosis, ecoli, brucellosis, anthrax, tape worms, creutzfeld jakob disease which if you eat cow meat infects you with prions for which there is no known cure and essentially turns your skull into swiss cheese. In the news, when you read or hear about ecoli or salmonella infecting spinach, or tomatoes or something, keep in mind, ecoli and salmonella CANNOT generate in a tomato or from spinach, those are Not the cause. Ecoli and salmonella generate inside the intestines of meat animals. What is happening, is that there is some meat farm, raising some animal for meat, the farm conditions have resulted in sick animals, bacteria are growing inside the meat animals, the animals then defecate feces, and then rain or irrigation water is washing the feces into the groundwater, and often nearby there is another farm using that water infected by meat animal feces to spray all over their plantings.

This is how the spinach or tomatoes or whatnot are getting infected. Vegetables cannot develop those bacteria, it wasn't the vegetable, the source was bacteria up inside the rectum of animals on a meat farm, which defecated, and their feces got washed into the farm's water runoff which then merely got onto the surface of those plants and then picked and trucked to the market like that. It's actually raising meat animals that caused it. It's viruses that infect animals that can infect humans. Plants use chlorophyll, not hemoglobin. It's animal physiology that is closer to humans that allows the contagion to jump to humans. Plants are often too different in biological composition. Humans cant catch plant-only viruses from vegetables, it's animal diseases that can leap to infect humans. And this is made worse by meat farms which raise more and more livestock, beyond the population found in nature, and even worse when they are raised in close proximity, in cages, trying to be more 'efficient', condensing space, and having operations that promote eating more & more of it, and ship millions of pounds of potentially infected meat all over the place.

Date: May 06, 2009 02:59PM

In 1976, fears of a swine flu pandemic triggered a nationwide prevention campaign. That year, over 48 million people were vaccinated in the United States. According to the Center for Infection Diseaseand Research Policy, at the University of Minnesota the swine flu pandemic never appeared.

However, almost 1,000 people developed the neurological disorder Guillian-Barre Syndrome as a result of the vaccination. This led to the end of the campaign in December 1976.

I can remember being vaccinated as a kid for what my mother said was Swine Flu. My family lined up in our local shopping mall and waited for our vaccinations. Getting through the line seemed to take forever. What I remember the most is being very happy that the vaccination did not hurt because an air gun was used.

Currently, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says it is investigating 8 possible cases of the Swine Flu. This version of Swine Flu is made up of gene segments. The CDC reports that this genetic variation has not been previously documented as either human influenza viruses or swine.

The World Health Organization reports that there have been 9 confirmed cases in the United States. Mexican authorities are confirming 3 separate events (although that number seems to be increasing).

Symptoms for Swine Flu are similar to the symptoms for any other type of flu. These are typically fever, appetite loss, coughing and lethargy. Other symptoms can include a sore throat, nausea, runny nose, body aches, diarrhea and vomiting.

Experts cannot decide if we are watching a pandemic unfold or if this is a repeat of the 1976 scare. Typically, only pigs and people who work with pigs get the swine flu. Previous flu vaccination for humans is said to be potentially ineffective.

Posted by: happyhouse ()
Date: May 24, 2009 08:32AM

Hello

Interesting read so far regarding the swine flu, but really, all in all, there has been so few diagnosed and even fewer again suffering adverse reactions from this strain that it is difficult to know whats going on.

I do know that this particuliar strain is showing very real signs of being manufactured by humans in labs rather than being a mutation from nature - certain genetic markers within the viral genetic structure cannot be randomly accualized via normal natural processes.

Regardless, there will be NO vacinations for me - has anyone seen what goes into those these days! Not good.

As an adjunct to hydrogen peroxide, there is a very powerful product that is relatively new to the health scene, and is called Miracle Mineral Supplement, and can be read about at [www.mmshealthyforlife.com] and purchased from [www.mmshealthy4life.com]

Hope this helps...

Kind regards...

Adam

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: June 20, 2009 11:58AM

Too late! I think I already contracted the Swine Flu about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure because of course I never go to the doctor, but there were reports of Swine Flu in my area and I came down with the first flu I have had in YEARS. It actually wasn't that horrible. It started out as a sore throat and then I started to have the aches and pains of a typical flu. I had to go to work, where I managed to get through the day, but by the end I threw up and the ride home (luckily my car was in the shop so my husband came to pick me up from work) I felt like I was going to die. All night long all I could think was that I needed to call off work in the morning. However by the time morning came and I needed to go to work I was ok. I still had congestion and horrible sore throat for a week. Only one or two other people I know became sick. everyone else just suffered from a sore throat.

The Swine Flu has lots of hype, but really it is only as bad as a normal flu. Also worth noting that the federal government gave a warning to health food stores, herbal and supplement companies not to advertise or inform people of natural ways to prevent or treat swine flu. Even though Tamflu has never been tested on people with Swine Flu, while certain natural remedies were used during the Avian Flu pandemic and others with much success.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 20, 2009 12:49PM

dhsredhead,

I am so glad you are feeling better. It's up to us to keep ourselves well, that's for darn sure.

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: June 21, 2009 05:01PM

Thank you smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables