Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

consciousness switch discovered
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 07, 2014 12:31AM

[www.newscientist.com]

ONE moment you're conscious, the next you're not. For the first time, researchers have switched off consciousness by electrically stimulating a single brain area.

Scientists have been probing individual regions of the brain for over a century, exploring their function by zapping them with electricity and temporarily putting them out of action. Despite this, they have never been able to turn off consciousness – until now.

Although only tested in one person, the discovery suggests that a single area – the claustrum – might be integral to combining disparate brain activity into a seamless package of thoughts, sensations and emotions. It takes us a step closer to answering a problem that has confounded scientists and philosophers for millennia – namely how our conscious awareness arises.

Many theories abound but most agree that consciousness has to involve the integration of activity from several brain networks, allowing us to perceive our surroundings as one single unifying experience rather than isolated sensory perceptions.

One proponent of this idea was Francis Crick, a pioneering neuroscientist who earlier in his career had identified the structure of DNA. Just days before he died in July 2004, Crick was working on a paper that suggested our consciousness needs something akin to an orchestra conductor to bind all of our different external and internal perceptions together.

With his colleague Christof Koch, at the Allen Institute for Brain Science in Seattle, he hypothesised that this conductor would need to rapidly integrate information across distinct regions of the brain and bind together information arriving at different times. For example, information about the smell and colour of a rose, its name, and a memory of its relevance, can be bound into one conscious experience of being handed a rose on Valentine's day.

The pair suggested that the claustrum – a thin, sheet-like structure that lies hidden deep inside the brain – is perfectly suited to this job (Philosophical Transactions of The Royal Society B, doi.org/djjw5m).

It now looks as if Crick and Koch were on to something. In a study published last week, Mohamad Koubeissi at the George Washington University in Washington DC and his colleagues describe how they managed to switch a woman's consciousness off and on by stimulating her claustrum. The woman has epilepsy so the team were using deep brain electrodes to record signals from different brain regions to work out where her seizures originate. One electrode was positioned next to the claustrum, an area that had never been stimulated before.

When the team zapped the area with high frequency electrical impulses, the woman lost consciousness. She stopped reading and stared blankly into space, she didn't respond to auditory or visual commands and her breathing slowed. As soon as the stimulation stopped, she immediately regained consciousness with no memory of the event. The same thing happened every time the area was stimulated during two days of experiments (Epilepsy and Behavior, doi.org/tgn).

To confirm that they were affecting the woman's consciousness rather than just her ability to speak or move, the team asked her to repeat the word "house" or snap her fingers before the stimulation began. If the stimulation was disrupting a brain region responsible for movement or language she would have stopped moving or talking almost immediately. Instead, she gradually spoke more quietly or moved less and less until she drifted into unconsciousness. Since there was no sign of epileptic brain activity during or after the stimulation, the team is sure that it wasn't a side effect of a seizure.

Koubeissi thinks that the results do indeed suggest that the claustrum plays a vital role in triggering conscious experience. "I would liken it to a car," he says. "A car on the road has many parts that facilitate its movement – the gas, the transmission, the engine – but there's only one spot where you turn the key and it all switches on and works together. So while consciousness is a complicated process created via many structures and networks – we may have found the key."

Awake but unconscious

Counter-intuitively, Koubeissi's team found that the woman's loss of consciousness was associated with increased synchrony of electrical activity, or brainwaves, in the frontal and parietal regions of the brain that participate in conscious awareness. Although different areas of the brain are thought to synchronise activity to bind different aspects of an experience together, too much synchronisation seems to be bad. The brain can't distinguish one aspect from another, stopping a cohesive experience emerging.

Since similar brainwaves occur during an epileptic seizure, Koubeissi's team now plans to investigate whether lower frequency stimulation of the claustrum could jolt them back to normal. It may even be worth trying for people in a minimally conscious state, he says. "Perhaps we could try to stimulate this region in an attempt to push them out of this state."

Anil Seth, who studies consciousness at the University of Sussex, UK, warns that we have to be cautious when interpreting behaviour from a single case study. The woman was missing part of her hippocampus, which was removed to treat her epilepsy, so she doesn't represent a "normal" brain, he says.

However, he points out that the interesting thing about this study is that the person was still awake. "Normally when we look at conscious states we are looking at awake versus sleep, or coma versus vegetative state, or anaesthesia." Most of these involve changes of wakefulness as well as consciousness but not this time, says Seth. "So even though it's a single case study, it's potentially quite informative about what's happening when you selectively modulate consciousness alone."

"Francis would have been pleased as punch," says Koch, who was told by Crick's wife that on his deathbed, Crick was hallucinating an argument with Koch about the claustrum and its connection to consciousness.

"Ultimately, if we know how consciousness is created and which parts of the brain are involved then we can understand who has it and who doesn't," says Koch. "Do robots have it? Do fetuses? Does a cat or dog or worm? This study is incredibly intriguing but it is one brick in a large edifice of consciousness that we're trying to build."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 12:31AM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: consciousness switch discovered
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 07, 2014 12:51PM

"Ultimately, if we know how consciousness is created and which parts of the brain are involved then we can understand who has it and who doesn't," says Koch. "

Ultimately, if they know how consciousness is created and which parts of the brain are involved it will be wheaponized.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 07, 2014 03:48PM

<<<Ultimately, if they know how consciousness is created and which parts of the brain are involved it will be wheaponized.>>>

Yes, just like our Belief System has been weaponized. I’m surprised that you cling on to your Belief System as much as you do and are NOT more skeptical about some of the Lies foisted upon all of us.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Hey Panchito,

Thanks for sharing.

Here's something else that you might find interesting...

The Death Flash

"My hypothesis is that this stream of consciousness which is the link between physical and mental reality is a form of electromagnetism which endows each of us with a unique personality. Since Maxwell's time, more and more has been learned about electromagnetism, and one finding which could have major significance relates to the death flash. At the time of death, organisms send forth an electromagnetic flash that is up to 1000 times stronger than the normal level of radiation. This is the finding of a Polish scientist, Janusz Slawinski, who believes that death separates "electromagnetic consciousness" from the physical body. Further, he hypothesizes that this "death flash" may enter a dimension beyond space and time, carrying with it an individual’s personality, emotions and subjective experience.

With the announcement of this discovery, the scientific basis for the immortality of the human spirit takes another step forward. Tied in with the research of Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross ["On death and Dying"] and Dr. Raymond A. Moody, Jr. ("Life After Life"winking smiley and others, with the second law of thermodynamics which postulates the conservation of energy in a system, and with Einstein's theory that electromagnetism is more basic than space and time, there is an increasing body of evidence to give credence to the universal longing for eternal life--the idea that life continues on in some form after death.

The death flash is not an unexpected phenomenon since all living organisms emit low-intensity light which physicists have measured either as particles or as electromagnetic waves. In fact, each person's brain produces its own electromagnetic field which can be measured with magnetoencephalograms.

Consciousness as an electromagnetic force is the link between life and death. Further, if modern physicists are to be believed, consciousness is the vital link for understanding quantum reality. This being true, quantum physics is a subject which deserves our attention if we are to understand ourselves and the nature of human nature.

How this stream of consciousness becomes manifest and focused in you and me, as well as other personality types, is the focus of the following chapters. ..." -James R. Noland

"Personalysis theory asserts that consciousness is a form of radiation. All forms of electromagnetic radiation are essentially the same, differing primarily in their frequencies. Human beings operate as electrical transformers, and personality is nothing more nor less than C (squared) cosmic energy stepped down and channeled so it can be expressed in everyday life. [ E = M C (squared) or C (squared) = E / M or Consciousness = E / M ]

Consciousness as an electromagnetic force is the link between life and death. At the time of death, organisms send forth an electromagnetic flash that is up to 1000 times stronger than the normal level of radiation. This is the finding of a Polish scientist, Janusz Slawinski, who believes that death separates "electromagnetic consciousness" from the physical body. Further, he hypothesizes that this "death flash" may enter a dimension beyond space and time, carrying with an individual’s personality, emotions and subjective experience. With the second law of thermodynamics which postulates the conservation of energy in a system, and with Einstein’s theory that electromagnetism is more basic than space and time, there is an increasing body of evidence to give credence to the universal longing for eternal life - the idea that life continues on in some form after death. Individuals who have had near death experiences, ...maintain that consciousness continues without interruption." -James R. Nolan, "Red, Yellow, Blue and Green", JR’s Notes on Chapter 1

Peace and Love..........John

Date: July 07, 2014 07:35PM

John Rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Yes, just like our Belief System has been
> weaponized. I’m surprised that you cling on to
> your Belief System as much as you do and are NOT
> more skeptical about some of the Lies foisted upon
> all of us.
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

ROFL!! I mistakenly clicked on your link and couldn't get past your first comment of enjoying listening to David Wilcock. LMAO!!

This guy, for those who don't know, is David Wilcock ...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 08, 2014 03:20PM

Speaking of Edgar Cayce, here is one of my favorite quotes…

“Destiny or karma, depends upon what the soul has done about what it has become aware of.”

Date: July 08, 2014 04:27PM

SueZ Wrote:
> John Rose Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Yes, just like our Belief System has been
> > weaponized. I’m surprised that you cling on
> to
> > your Belief System as much as you do and are
> NOT
> > more skeptical about some of the Lies foisted
> upon
> > all of us.
> >
> > [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
>
>
> ROFL!! I mistakenly clicked on your link and
> couldn't get past your first comment of enjoying
> listening to David Wilcock. LMAO!!
>
> This guy, for those who don't know, is David
> Wilcock ...
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Not only does garden variety new ager David Wilcock claim, as seen in the above pathetic video, to channel Ra the sun god, he also claims it have ascended to the 5th density and to be a reincarnation of Edgar Cayce AND Quetzalcoatl. ROFL, that anyone can find him interesting to listen to - as jr says he does. LMAO - such BS.

Date: July 08, 2014 08:14PM

<<<ROFL!! I mistakenly clicked on your link [www.rawfoodsupport.com] and couldn't get past your first comment of enjoying listening to David Wilcock. LMAO!!>>>

On December 19, 2013, I wrote:

“I really enjoyed what David Wilcock said about the Enemy Weapon System of Food (see the Video below and my Notes) and how that ties into what this website is all about - a Raw Plant based Diet.”

On December 31, 2013, I created a file on David Wilcock because I wanted to know more about what he had to say and to this day I still find a lot of things that he has to say very interesting. However, I am NOT a big fan of Channeling or Reincarnation, so I too was taken aback when I read about this, but I read about it after I watched the Video on December 19, 2013.

Would I have NOT enjoyed what David said about the Enemy Weapon System of Food had I previous known his views on Channeling and Reincarnation?

Of course NOT - I still like what David Wilcock said about the Enemy Weapon System of Food and you will NEVER see me Throw the Baby Out with the Bath Water.

"Wise men learn more from fools than fools from wise men." -Marcus Porius Cato

Date: July 08, 2014 09:31PM

John Rose Wrote:
> <<>>
>
I’m surprised that you cling on to
> your Belief System as much as you do and are NOT
> more skeptical about some of the Lies foisted upon
> all of us.

You haven't got the remotest clue about any kind of belief system I have or, in your mind, "cling to" other than knowing that, unlike you, I don't think hitler was a good guy.

I agree with Cato, "Wise men learn more from fools than fools from wise men.", who is yet another dead guy who has reason to turn over in his grave if he could only see how you are misapplying their good quotes to prop up your ego meaninglessly.

What I have learned from you today is that you don't mind sourcing your belief system info from a guy who channels his info from aliens and claims to have secret insider information given to him by the illuminati.

For all the times you have spammed this site with how to spot a shill it seems you are completely clueless on the subject and wouldn't know one if they jumped out of your file on them at you.

Date: July 08, 2014 09:50PM

Once again, suez shill proves to everyone that suez really is a shill when she said that she “couldn't get past my first comment”!!!

What is suez shill and her masters afraid of?

Why doesn’t suez shill and her masters want anyone to read my Post?

Read the whole Post and you will see why suez shill and her masters don’t want anyone to read my Post.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Raw Food VS. the Weapon System of Food…
Posted by: John Rose
Date: December 19, 2013 12:23PM

I really enjoyed what David Wilcock said about the Enemy Weapon System of Food (see the Video below and my Notes) and how that ties into what this website is all about - a Raw Plant based Diet.

Natural Food and Unnatural Food tie together because Victor Hugo once said that “There is one thing stronger than all of the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come.” The point here is that a Raw Plant based Diet is an idea whose time has come and threatens the Powers that be and the Powers that be use Food as a Weapon System to control us.

For example, if Dr. Gabriel Cousens is right when he says that there are German Studies done by Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp that state that Organic Food has 5 times as many Biophotons as Conventional Food, then the Powers that be use Artificial Fertilizers and Pesticides as a Weapon System to control us. In other words, the Powers that be want us to be Sick and Dis-Connected in order to control us and they use Food as one of their Main Weapons.

Unfortunately, Conditions have Changed and we no longer live in an Ideal World. We have Damaged our Bodies and our Environment and now we must Modify our Species Specific Diet due to the Damage we’ve done to our Anatomy and our Environment. As I have mentioned many times, the Damage we’ve done to our Anatomy and our Environment in no way NEGATES the fact that we are still Biologically Adapted to Eat a Raw Plant based Diet.

Once again, the Powers that be use Food as a Weapon System to control us and a Raw Plant based Diet is an idea whose time has come. That means that the Powers that be also use Internet Shills ( [consciouslifenews.com] ) as part of their Controlled Opposition - they will tell you 100 facts that are true just to get you to believe the one lie that is crucial to them and the one lie that is crucial to them is that a Raw Plant based Diet is NOT our Species Specific Diet and that it’s OK to Cook most of our Food. In other words, the Powers that be cannot control us if we’re Eating a Raw Plant based Diet because Cooking our Food Destroys Biophotons by 100%, at least that’s what Dr. Gabriel Cousens says about those German Studies done by Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp.

So is Dr. Gabriel Cousens a reliable source? Can we trust Gabriel or can we just use our Common Sense knowing that Cooking Alters our Food and then, the Altered Food Alters us?

For those who have not read the article above about Internet Shills ( [consciouslifenews.com] ), I highly recommend it and now here is that Video and my Notes with David Wilcock…

[vimeo.com]
David Wilcock, David Wolfe & Nick Good Interview
from MichaelMackintosh PRO 3 years ago / via Vimeo Desktop Uploader Not Yet Rated
1:30:33 Minute Video

JR’s Notes:

8:30 MM
David Wilcock: Well you remember what I told you about - I have a contact who’s a high ranking member of the Illuminati and some people would be freaked and say, oh my God, how can you even talk to somebody like that? But you have to remember that there’s a lot of people in this group that don’t want to be in it, they would get out if they could, but they know they’d be killed. But they’re rebelling and they’re resisting and they’re actually going against the grain. It’s not like everybody believes the same thing. But what did he tell me about Taco Bell, KYC, (DW & NG: Oh, that’s right)? They call it a Weapon System because what they found out was that a particular country can pose armed violent resistance to the New World Order up until the point that they get KYC, McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut. Once those corporations get that Food into the supply of how these people eat, they no longer pose any resistance to the Agenda of the New World Order - that’s the Weapon System of Food. 9:32 MM

28:22 MM
David Wilcock: And so the Illuminati Agenda begins on the most intrinsic level with the Enemy Weapon System of Diet. If they can nail you on that level, they can brainwash you throughout all of these years of television to eat refined sugar, greasy food, prepackaged products, you know, all of the GMOs, the more you’re hooked on this Dietary stuff the more that your body - it literally shuts down your psychic ability. 28:59 MM

1:03:36 MM
David Wilcock: Sure, I mean there are a lot of different DNA studies that are similar to what you’ve described here. One of my favorites is with Dr. Glenn Rein who took DNA from a mixture of human placentas and stored it in test tubes and it turns out that the amount of winding or unwinding of DNA can be measured in terms of how it absorbs light at 260 nanometers. 1:04:04 MM …Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp is someone I talk a lot about in my book…
[vimeo.com]

On a final note, Prana started an interesting Thread on David Wilcock in the Other Topics Forum ( [www.rawfoodsupport.com] ) and it too is a good read and has some good Videos to watch.

Peace and Love..........John
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2014 09:54PM by John Rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables