Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my face! please help me out...
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: August 02, 2006 06:15AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some broken capillaries on my face. Three red dots on my cheekbone outside of my right eye, one under my right eye close to my nose, one under my left eye close to my nose, and one under my outer left eye.
I've had most of them for a few years, but one of them is quite new. (Nine months, maybe?)
I've been using the spider vein/bruise vitamin k creme by the Jason's brand for months, but I have seen no improvement. Can anyone help me?
I have grown in my self-confidence enough to go barefaced (i.e. without any make-up) and free pretty, but these broken capillaries sometimes cause me to waiver and wear concealer. I hate that ! I wish I could get rid of them. I've heard that you can get them lasered off by a doctor, but I don't have the money for that. Is there anything that I can do? Would trying to drain them myself with a needle work? I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to hit the capillary. Please, help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my face! please help me out...
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 02, 2006 02:12PM

mallow,

I went to get a facial a few years back from a aesthetic school and had a few broken capillaries. The school is run by a very knowledgeable lady and she told me that broken capillaries are cause by many things but that eating fruit that is high in vitamin c should clear it right up. So grapefruit, oranges, etc. Not in excess but just add them to your diet.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: August 03, 2006 03:59PM

Well, I eat tons of pineapple, that has vitamon c, right? Oranges were a big staple of mine throughout this winter, but I got sick of them.
Any other nutrients that might help?

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 03:48PM

Are you currently on a raw diet?

I had broken capillaries on my thighs but since I've been raw (4 months) they look much lighter, barely noticeable. I'm assuming they were caused by inflammation, which my previous diet caused.

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 18, 2006 02:57AM

Hi Mallow,

Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that causes broken capillaries like you describe, and also visible veins on the face. However, my mother has little red spots on her chest that look like broken capillaries, but she doesn't have Rosacea. I think they're actually dialated capillaries, which is something that comes with aging. I actually started developing them when I was only 17 or so.

Since the symptoms of Rosacea and these broken capillary dots are both vascular, I imagine they might be caused by the same thing. Environmental factors play a huge part. As far as treating the dots that you already have, since it doesn't really have anything to do with nutrition, I'm afraid there's no nutritional or topical cure, although I imagine an anti-inflammatory diet might help prevent new ones from forming. The biggest thing you can do to prevent things that look like broken capillaries like that is to stay out of the sun, and avoid extreme heat (including strenuous exercise), wind, or cold, especially if you feel that your skin is "sensitive" or if you flush easily.

The only treatment I know of that works is laser treatment.

I'm not sure what you have, but here are some photos of different conditions that I thought you might have been describing:

[www.md-laserderm.com]
[www.meddean.luc.edu]
[www.md-laserderm.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables