Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Slightly OT - warm water enema
Posted by: Gmq ()
Date: July 22, 2009 05:58PM

I want to learn how to administer warm water enema to myself. It's advised not to use tap water, but to use pure water. Whats the best way to make the water warm/hot then, being that my water cooler doesn't have a hot option. The enema bags seem to advise against microwave and oven, so I'm confused.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Slightly OT - warm water enema
Date: July 22, 2009 06:05PM

I'm sure someone has a better answer, but holding a lit tealight under a container (i.e. saucepan of water) is a very quick way of warming it without getting it too hot.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 22, 2009 06:19PM

Hmmm...can you sit the container in the sun to warm it, or is that not possible?

Date: July 22, 2009 06:39PM

I feel like there has to be a more normal way. Is the enema bag instruction wrong? I don't see what the problem would be in heating the water on the stove or in a microwave as long as it's kept to the desired temperature, around 105 degrees.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2009 08:39PM

its possible that the microwave will somehow breakdown the plastic in the bag so i wouldnt suggest it .. just heat the water on the stove and put it into the bag or in sunlight as suggested then add it to the bag. some plastics and rubber cant withstand microwaves or direct boiling without breaking down in some way smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:53PM

Right, heat the water on the stove and then fill the bag. That's the way you do it with old fashioned enema bags.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:55PM

yes not all plastics are microwave or even heat safe so you are better off heating the water say in a glass pot and transferring to the bag smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: cy ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:12PM

Gmq,
this is the best enema video advise in my oppinion. I like very much Kate Wood and she explains and gives a lot of good tips for enemas and applications.Good luck!!I personally love enemas.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 23, 2009 01:25AM

Perfect link...thanks so much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables