Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coffee enema (and haemorrhoid)
Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: August 17, 2009 09:06AM

I'm after some advice regarding coffee enemas.

I have a haemorrhoid which appearred last year. Since then my diet and lifestyle have improved immeasurably - I'm vegan, about 60% raw now and eating an anti candida diet (with no sugar). I feel as if my body is going through a long needed detox which will probably take some time.

I am slowly increasing my candida supplements, but (as they are not an exact science) have experienced a few periods of 'die-off' when my symptoms (mainly IBS like) return with avengance and I can't eat as much for a couple of days. Unfortunately this upsets my elimination routine and usually results in flaring up the haemorrhoid as I perhaps will not eliminate for 2 days and when I do it's difficult to pass.

I had a colonic about 2 months ago, at that time my haemorrhoid wasn't too bad - the therapist was careful and it went well, I was pleased. More recently, my nutritionist suggested trying coffee enemas. I tried my first of these on Thursday. I was fine with the procedure - that went well. I did however, feel particularly weak and very tired for 2 days afterwards. In addition, because it interrupted my normal elimination routine, my haemorhoid has been more inflamed because of it.

What are people's experience with coffee enemas? If I am already going through a quite big detox curve could it be too much for my liver to handle? What are the effects of actually taking that much caffeine into your blood stream (I haven't drunk tea/coffee for about 9 months)? Also, does anyone have expeience of enemas with a haemorrhoid and whether the long term benefit of them outweighs the temporary disruption?

I really appreciate any advice :-)

Alison

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coffee enema (and haemorrhoid)
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 17, 2009 12:17PM

alisonott,

This was a discussion on the main board from January; hope it helps:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Also, I am wondering if you are eating any soft fruit? This would really help with elimination, which must be as efficient as possible to excrete any viable pathogens caught up in the dead die-off matter.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:28PM

Personally, I think that coffee is really bad for the body.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:10AM

Molli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Personally, I think that coffee is really bad for
> the body.

Why?

Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:30PM

Tamukha,

Thanks for the link. I had a read through and can see diverse opinions on the subject..

I'm not eating any fruit, as part of the anti candida diet I've temporarily eliminated all sugars. I'm wondering if there's something else I can take which will aid elimiation - perhaps psyillium? Not that I want to add to my supplements really, I'm already taking probiotics, caprylic acid, vitamin and mineral mix, digestive enzymes and liver support.

My nutritionist swears by the coffee enemas, and I've been so tired since experiencing the die off from candida that I thought they might help. I'm already skin brushing and drinking plenty of water. Perhaps I should just be more patient.

Any other experiences welcome...

Alison

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 19, 2009 05:44PM

Alison,

Psyllium could help, also possibly clay. Patience absolutely will help; sometimes a feeling of worsening health precedes improvement and clarity : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables