Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Prill Beads and Prill Water
Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: August 17, 2009 11:24PM

I am a raw foodist who is using the raw food diet and lifestyle to heal from serious illness. I just discovered prill beads and prill water. I have been using pH drops in distilled water to get alkalized clustered water. This prill water I just started is superior to that other water I was making. Here are my facts.

I put the prill beads and laminar crystals in the water as instructed and left them overnight as instructed. The pH of the distilled water was 6.8 when I put it together. In the morning I tested the "Prilled" water and the pH was 9.5. The water was thinner, slightly sweet, and felt good in my gut, no heavy feeling. I poured three quarts of the prilled water into another jug and added three quarts to the prill processing jar. I let it process for an hour as per the instructions. The water processed had a pH of 8.0 after one hour. It was not quite as thin as the overnight processed water (my subjective reality). I let it process for three hours and got a pH of 8.5.

I paid $29 for prill beads and four small laminar crystals. They are supposed to last indefinately. I was paying from $29.95 to $39.95 for pH drops for a month that made water I like a lot less than this prill water.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prill Beads and Prill Water
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2009 12:39PM

mysbenson,

Thanks for illuminating the process. I have serious doubts as to the validity of Prill beads, having heard them debunked. Apparently yours do increase water alkalinity when activated, but does this remain a constant effect once the water is consumed? That is, how are you feeling now that you are on Prilled water? What tremendous health gains have you experienced that you can attribute specifically to the Prilled water? For example, when I drink Aruba Water that I get from my local health food store, I feel an increase in energy and alertness within 18 or 19 minutes. Don't know why, and was not expecting that effect, as I am a bit of a skeptic, but there it was.

Hope you make a full recovery : )

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 18, 2009 02:22PM

There was a thread about this on this board awhile back. Basically, sad to say, they're a complete scam. Here's the link:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: August 18, 2009 04:44PM

My prill beads did increase the alkalkinity. I measured the water that sat for 24 hours and the alkalinity decreased by half a point. I am going to make some more tomorrow and check the pH of that. I will keep you all posted. I was so excited I had to tell somebody! Mys Benson

Date: August 18, 2009 07:49PM

Yes, Mys Benson, but are you doing this for a science experiment, or for drinking for health benefits? If it's helping your health, I'd love to know how, because maybe not all Prill beads are a scam. You should be feeling more energy, maybe less thirst because you're better hydrated, that sort of thing.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:17PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, Mys Benson, but are you doing this for a
> science experiment, or for drinking for health
> benefits? If it's helping your health, I'd love
> to know how, because maybe not all Prill beads are
> a scam. You should be feeling more energy, maybe
> less thirst because you're better hydrated, that
> sort of thing.

I believe this user could be a disguised troll.

Also, how has alkalinity of the water got anything to do with the effect on the body? Citrus fruits are very acidy and yet have a very alkhaline effect on the body. There's no fundamental relation between the two.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:29PM

i cant find the link anymore that i had but i had read the prill beads were originaly manufactured to help with chemical spills

anyone have anyidea if that holds any merrit? smiling smiley

kinda makes me think about how fluoride initially was just a waste byproduct and the powers that be found a way to sell it to the masses;

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 18, 2009 10:15PM

Jodi,

The chemical industry term for the form of chelating substances that are solid beads is "prills." Perhaps that's what you were thinking of? I take Willard Water, which was developed as a chelating agent to collect oil spills in fresh water by a chemist at Esso(as I recall). Maybe that's what you are thinking of instead?

SuperInfinity,

There is little evidence that alkalized substances alkalize one's tissues when consumed. On the other hand, there is little evidence that they don't. Most acid fruits are believed, based on scant chemical testing, to actually raise alkalinity after digestion. The best evidence for this, I believe, is the low incidence of acidification-related disorders in populations where lots of "alkalizing" fruits are consumed.

As to the OP's being a troll--if they are, they're a poor one, as they aren't really pushing a particular brand or website. They're just excitedly reporting their results. If they answer my plea for more info on whether they feel better on the water, and how, we'll know : )

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:19PM

Did you run an overnite test the same nite with the same kind of water in the same kind of container only without the Prill beads to see if the pH of that water also changed?

Date: August 18, 2009 11:41PM

the prill beads for chemical spills are made of magnesium oxide

the prill beads used for prill water are magnesium oxide infused with woo woo life force whatever thats supposed to mean

are the 2 different or is someone yanking our chains

the last time i heard of anything being infused with lifeforce was back in the 70's when the term *life force* was referred to male ejaculate smiling smiley

the reason i was looking into it was because i saw a vid of the 5 gallon container of woo woo prill beads on youtube in the background and noticed the HAZMAT sticker on the side of the 5gallon bucket.

magnesium oxide is magnesium oxide as far as i know .. is life force measureable somehow? what exactly is lifeforce? or loveforce ? as ive seen some sites tout.

i dont doubt that magnesium oxide can raise the ph of water but if you are looking at it from a scientific chemical reaction point of view .. well i can drop some baking soda in water and raise the PH too , it doesnt mean its good or optimal or even safe to drink it smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2009 01:21AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jodi,
>
> The chemical industry term for the form of
> chelating substances that are solid beads is
> "prills." Perhaps that's what you were thinking
> of? I take Willard Water, which was developed as
> a chelating agent to collect oil spills in fresh
> water by a chemist at Esso(as I recall). Maybe
> that's what you are thinking of instead?
>
> SuperInfinity,
>
> There is little evidence that alkalized substances
> alkalize one's tissues when consumed. On the
> other hand, there is little evidence that they
> don't. Most acid fruits are believed, based on
> scant chemical testing, to actually raise
> alkalinity after digestion. The best evidence for
> this, I believe, is the low incidence of
> acidification-related disorders in populations
> where lots of "alkalizing" fruits are consumed.
>
> As to the OP's being a troll--if they are, they're
> a poor one, as they aren't really pushing a
> particular brand or website. They're just
> excitedly reporting their results. If they answer
> my plea for more info on whether they feel better
> on the water, and how, we'll know : )

They could just be a very subtle troll don't you think? That way they could push their product without being dismissed as an item-pushing troll.

Thanks for your views on acid/alkaline, however I doubt their veracity. Search for fruits and how alkhaline or acidy they make your body. Taking vitamin c, which is *highly* acidic, in any amount will *DEFINITELY NOT* raise the acidity of your body.

They know very well what causes the acidity/alkaline effect on the body. Casual observations from people that don't get acid-related diseases my ass.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 19, 2009 04:59AM

>the reason i was looking into it was because i saw a vid of the 5 gallon container of woo woo prill beads on youtube in the background and noticed the HAZMAT sticker on the side of the 5gallon bucket.<

LOL!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 19, 2009 05:06AM

hehe yea i know, i wish i could find the video again or had bookmarked it, ive been looking for hours now and im guessing whoever had it up removed it .. dang it lol smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2009 12:00PM

SuperInfinity,

Please re-read my post; you are reiterating what I wrote without realizing it.[sigh] And if we must slander the OP, let's go big and say they're a North Korean spy bent on poisoning our water systems!

Jodi,

Yeah, this is one reason why I stay away from the Prill beads; it kind of gives you pause when you look and see that there are Material Safety Data Sheets for the common ones--how are the "therapeutic" use ones chemically altered to not kill you, huh? No one knows.

Date: August 19, 2009 04:59PM

I am using the Prill beads for two reasons. First, to improve my health. The prill beads change the water to single molecules. It has been proven scientifically that water enters the body in single molecules. And, yes, I feel better. I am not driven by thrist any longer and my body is feeling calmer, more peaceful. It is possible to get a peaceful feeling from the body. It is an animal meat body after all and we know animals get peaceful from being fed and watered right.

The second reason I am using Prill beads is to help heal the waters of the Earth. Every time I use the Prill beads for an application out of my body, like soaking fresh fruits and veggies or spraying sprouts, the leftover water goes into the sewer system and the prill water changes water it comes in contact with. Granted it is a small change, but every bit helps. I put about a half gallon into the sewer system every day.

The pH of my water was 8.0 this morning, the water I made overnight. That 9.5 I got the first day was awesome, but actually, I would be happy with 7.5. I just don't want to put acid water in my body, that is against nature. I eat alkalizing fresh vegetables and fruit almost exclusively and my body is alkaline from that so as long as I don't put acid water in my body I will be OK.

Date: August 19, 2009 05:04PM

To the poster who mentioned the citrus fruits. I know citrus fruits have an acid perception effect. Citrus fruits have AN ALKALINE ASH IN THE BODY. It is the alkaline ash that prevents acid ash damage because it is not acid. We live in a world of opposites, dichotomies. There are degrees of acid and alkaline. 7.0 is neutral. I believe alkaline aids the body. I have good skin with alkalinity and bad skin when I don't alkalize. I have chronic pain when I don't alkalize. Alkalize to me eating fruits and veggies which have an alkaline ash in the body and it works for me. The book Sick and Tired by Robert O. Young describes alkalinity's effects in the body, but he tells you to avoid fruits. I did that for 18 months following his program religiously and my spinal bones degenerated. I have added the fruits back in and more green juices and my health has taken a great swing upward. I tell you that because I am not recommending you do the program in that book, I am recommending it for the very good explanation of alkalinity and the ash in the body from foods.

Date: August 19, 2009 05:09PM

Regarding prill beads being designed to clean up radioactive waste. There is a website where I read about this. The address is [www.zakairan.com]. This is an Australian site and the prill beads cost a lot more in Australia. You can get them for $15 at Life-Enthusiast.com

Date: August 19, 2009 05:46PM

mysbenson,

Thanks for your detailed response--that's just what I wanted : )

Date: August 19, 2009 07:21PM

yes thank you smiling smiley im not entirely convinced but honestly it doesnt matter smiling smiley hun if they are working for you then rawk it ! smiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2009 07:29PM

Here's the latest on my prill beads and prill water experience.

I found out the pH gets more alkaline the longer the prill water processes. I found out that I get a pH of 8.0 when the water processes for 6 hours.

Now that I have been on the water for 7 days I notice I do have more energy. I feel better hydrated and the weak spots in my body have now got the prill water, a fews days ago they wweren't hydrated yet.

Overall I have decided the prill beads do make better water that hydrates better at the cellular level and that the alkaline pH they make is saving me $30 a month since I was buying pH drops.

I will keep you posted as to how long the prill beads do their job. The information where I got them says they last indefinitely. But, I will keep you posted in case they stop working some time down the line.

Date: August 31, 2009 06:53PM

Here's the latest on my prill beads and prill water experience:

I am not fully rehydrated with prill water, the prill beads are still putting out alkalized water, and many people I have told are now trying them for themselves.

I will post every two weewks to let you know if the prill beads are still putting out alkalized water.

Date: September 05, 2009 01:26AM

mysbenson,

I don't mean to seem rude, but I hope you can understand why people may regard this as a kind of advertising. After all, you're really hitting home on the right demographic here for this product.

So this is just a warning for others to look-out about this. I have a strange feeling about it.

Date: September 06, 2009 01:54AM

mysbenson doesnt sell them so its not advertising .. just sharing their experinces with them .. isnt that what we do here? smiling smiley

Date: September 07, 2009 09:33PM

I don't think you have any idea of what mysbenson does or doesn't sell.

That's not being polite or rude, that's just a FACT. You don't know do you??? I mean Jgunn, I was trying to warn off people who might be more naive about it. That was me being nice. So what are you doing here?

You're not being nice, you're just ruining my pointing out that it could be a scam.

Date: September 07, 2009 10:07PM

*choice words i'm not saying*

Date: September 08, 2009 12:37AM

SuperI,

mysbenson has posted on other threads without mentioning any product. From this we can reasonably conclude he or she isn't a marketer.

Date: September 08, 2009 02:52AM

ermmm .. Superinfinity , i based my statement on the original post .. the post in no way pushes or tries to sell anything , its a simple statement based on someones experience

When did i say you were being rude?

what am i doing here? I am trying to support and learn from everyone else here.

Im not sure why you are calling me not nice .. at what point in my statement was I being mean to you?

I am sorry if I am ruining something for you .. do you really feel productive, happy and supportive jumping on new people trying to expose them for something that isnt even there?

Im really confused with your hostile behavior towards me ...Just because we dont agrree on something doesnt give either one of the right to get snarky ...i stated my opinion is all and reading back on it , i dont read anything else in it that in any way indicates i was rude, mean or attacking you!

Date: September 08, 2009 03:43AM

Okay I'm really tired now and I'm going to read your posts again tomorrow.

I'm sorry if my last post sounded at odds with you, really I am. Maybe I was wrong and maybe you do have reason to believe she doesn't as Tamukha is saying. I just thought it was worth pointing out that mysbenson could potentially have a vested interest in selling them

Date: September 09, 2009 04:33PM

I checked the pH of my prill water again. It is holding at a pH of 8 after 6 hours of processing.
My first post was August 17 so I have been using the water for 24 days. Not a month yet. Amazing how such a positive has become a religous part of my life. Really, when a way of life becomes ingrained and is based on your beliefs it becomes part of your religion. I learned this in college humanities classes.

I started doing raw foods because I believe God made it that way for us and since God had the original design of our bodies and the Earth, wasn't it set up to work. So I committed to try the raw green foods. Then it worked for me, got rid of chronic pain and chronic skin problems. It also worked that I don't really want to kill anything to survive myself. So the no animals foods makes me a vegan, except I will use dairy if it need it for healing. I have a couple of teaspoons of goat whey in the stuff I am using to heal my intestinal tract. It is not toxifying me or doing any other type of harm and doesn't bother my gut.

I am still having my raw food victory. I found a RAW FOOD RESTAURANT. In Portland, OR where I live. Oh happy happy. I ate there. I had a dish called Green Gia which was mixed greens with some steamed kale in it. Really was good. I had raw tomato basil soup and coconut water right out of the coconut. Blossoming Lotus is the name of the place, for all you Portlanders.

Date: September 15, 2009 11:53PM

September 15. Six days gone by. pH of 8 after 6 hours of processing. I am getting 9 checking it after 12 hours. That doesn't mean it took 12 hours, it means I got it checking it after 12 hours. My use has gone down because my roomate is using less, so I only do two bottles a day now, every 12 hours.

That's four weeks of prill beads and laminar crystals together making my water better for me. I'll keep posting every week about how they are working so anyone can see how long it goes. They are supposed to last indefinately, we'll see. And to clear up a misunderstanding I AM NOT SELLING PRILL BEADS OR LAMINAR CRYSTALS. I ONLY SELL BOOKS ON THE INTERNET, AND THAT'S MY USED BOOKS I SELL AT AMAZON.COM.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables