Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

flare
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:32AM

I ate some salad with a bit of mustard Could be the mustard. poo went really weird clour and now i have had a bit of diareaha.

Mustard is bad for IBD. Whoops

Im trying to control it with bananas and spinach, now i will have to do a blended salad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: flare
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 18, 2009 01:43PM

Hi HelloKitty!

Just a suggestion but it could have been the salad. I still have a very hard time with salad. Was it a big salad? Sometimes I get away with a small-medium sized salad fine. Also, the salt in the mustard might have added to the irritatation in your colon. I find that I just have to eat salad every now and again in order to stay raw. I say it might be uncomfortable, but it's better than eating a cheese and tomatoe sandwich to get that satisfied feeling. I just except that I'm not perfect, won't be perfect overnight, and I just try to do a little bit better everyday, and take it one day and one meal at a time.

Date: August 18, 2009 02:48PM

I beleive it to be the mustard. It was coursett pasta agin. (i know everyone i have it too too often) any way i had 1/2 teaspoon of it. I had mustard dressing at a wrok party as well. I was just eating spinach avocado and mustard dressing. I felt ill after the salad.

But I wont say ive succeeded yet but I think that I just pulled my self out of the D problem.

I had spinach a handful with 7 bananas. I think it worked. Im not in the loo this after noon.

I also had a blended spianch salad- it did have avocado which i try to limit now adays- but it was pauls on you tube

im not in the loo from that. So I really think it must be the mustard.

I think you are right i need to except I am not perfect.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 18, 2009 03:57PM

You might want to read about spinach. From what I understand, it is difficult for many people to digest eating it in its pure raw form and can cause a lot of discomfort with some people. Have you tried juicing?

Date: August 18, 2009 04:06PM

Yea I do juice it as well. it seems to stop dirahea though.

Date: August 18, 2009 04:08PM

Im am just so feed up with uc it seems to domanate my life. you have to think about every meal, every thing that goes into your mouth.

I wonder why god created such a desease.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:11PM

Oh, man, you're still doing the zucchini? Can you just not eat it for one week? Seriously! I don't have IBS or any other intestinal issues, and zucchini flares ME up......anything with lots of small seeds, even cucumber, just stay away from for a bit.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:32PM

my naturapath once told me years ago when i was at my sickest. "you alone are creating and manifesting the most hostile environment withen your own body"

sure made me stop and think lol smiling smiley

if you insist on throwing things at your condition that irritate it , i agree with Utopian Life, get it out of the house if you cant handle it right now smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 18, 2009 04:49PM

Has you doctor suggested eating a lot of bananas. My friend who has various problems with her colon, etc. was told to NOT eat any bananas. They would always flare up her symptoms.

Date: August 18, 2009 06:13PM

Utopian Life - what is your segestion to replace it. that is what Im strggling with- tonight im just eating bananas.

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 18, 2009 06:34PM

HK, I am assuming that you have read the works of Paul Nison and Jordin Rubin? they have both overcome similar conditions to yours. I find both of their works very insightful.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 18, 2009 06:48PM

I wouldn't replace the zucchini with anything. If you want a salad, do spring mix, romaine, or baby spinach. Easy to digest. smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2009 06:52PM

Molli- i never listen to doctors they have no dietary knowledge, if have received so much more help from everyone on this site. If you want to read about my doctors i have an artical on Other Health Realted Conditions- Read panic attact afte seeing dietision. that is what the doctors suggest over here. Thanks anyway for advice, bananas sooth the gut. when i ate them this morrning i felt hardly any pain. thats why I eat them.

eecho ive read about Paul and have contacted him, hes cool he seems really helpful, dot know about jordin rubin, ill look it not it, I ve heard about david kline but ive heard he is not helpful and will not respond unless you buy his books and you have spent money with him- so thats why ive only bought pauls books.

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 18, 2009 07:10PM

Both of those guys almost died from IBS and healed themselves with dietary change. Now, Jordin Rubin is not raw or vegan, but I suppose he could be classified as "high raw" and eats such animal products such as goats milk, cheese, lamb, etc. but very high quality. Paul Nison is raw vegan, and he is the man. He has a book called "Healing Inflammitory Bowl Disease" which I guess is the most specific one for you. By him I've read "Forumula for Health", "Health According to the Scriptures", and right now I'm reading "The Raw Life". He's a good guy, a little to strict in some areas I think, but wise.

Date: August 18, 2009 07:25PM

I'm sorry you have such terrible doctors where you live. That must be terrible to have the disease you have with no doctors that can really help you to learn about what you should eat.

Date: August 18, 2009 07:34PM

Ive bought of course healing Infammitory Bowl disease. thats why im here now. I have also asked for Health According to the Scriptures, im getting it for my B-day from my mum in law, I also need to buy forumula for health. yea he seems wise.

not sure if klien is raw vegan, but yea Ive heard unpositive remarks about him, that he is interested in money only, so that is why i havent spent any on him.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:59PM

I have read Jordin Rubin's "No Guts No Glory" book. I've done the program. I found it a very helpful process to better understanding my digestive health. The No Guts No Glory program is not raw or vegan, but it may allow you to help heal your ulcers. It focuses on re-supplying your body with the minerals through bone broths and nutrients through vegetable soups. Your inner ecology is assisted through kefir and probiotic supplements. Slowly, but surely, you will be allowed to introduce raw food into your diet.

With any program, it can be costly because it requires anti-inflammatory supplements (herbs) and digestive enyzmes to help assist the body. Healing your intestinal ulcers may be a good start before going 100% raw. I'm not sure, you know your body better than anyone else.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:38AM

I highly recommend getting Dave Klein's book "Self Healing Colitis & Crohn's". Its true that Dave doesn't give out free consultations, but he does write great raw food and raw healing articles that are available for free, as well as the healing articles he wrote for Living Nutrition magazine.

Dave healed himself with a raw vegan diet and a raw food lifestyle, and he is probably on the only author writing about healing colitis and crohns that recommends a high fruit raw diet.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:57AM

hellokitty we all wake up and go to work everyday to make money and pay the bills , david klein is no exception im sure. neither are you . ... you get a paycheck right? for providing service?

maybe you need to examine your own sense of entitlement wanting the info he provides and wanting it for free. unwrap you brain around the fact he is charging for it .. so what? you buy other peoples books and they are making money off it !

dont miss out on some good information based on some peoples negative exeriences trying to get something for nothing.

sure enough maybe he will tell you anything you already deep down already know but if you walk away from the book with just one aha moment and learn something how to deal with your condition than isnt the money well spent?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 12:59AM by Jgunn.

Date: August 19, 2009 08:35AM

Very true Brian and Jodie,

thanks very much for your insite. and wise words

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables