Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will The Raw Lifestyle Survive After Codex!?
Posted by: jericho sunfire ()
Date: August 25, 2009 03:50PM

What do you think and what will you do?....also....

Will all the raw food guru's go out of business?

JS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will The Raw Lifestyle Survive After Codex!?
Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 25, 2009 04:06PM

Hi JS, could you explain what Codex is to me and everyone else who is generally confused by things that you talk about (which I think is everyone, haha)?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 25, 2009 06:44PM

Ditto...

And this should probably be posted in the "Other Health Related" section of the forum. This & similar subjects have already been discussed there...

One of the topics is on the first page...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 25, 2009 06:59PM

This topic is annoying bull****.

JerichoSunfire, go away. Never post here again.

Date: August 25, 2009 07:48PM

Ah, [www.healthfreedomusa.org]
Hmmm, soylent green is people?

Date: August 25, 2009 09:04PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This topic is annoying bull****.
>
> JerichoSunfire, go away. Never post here again.

angry much?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 09:04PM by coco.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 25, 2009 10:05PM

SuperI,

"JerichoSunfire, go away. Never post here again.

I am hoping against hope that this is sarcasm that's coming out wrong. Jericho was here before you, anyhow, so be nice.

My two cents is that Codex Alimentarius is not as bad as people think it will be because it's just not feasible in that scope. So I'm not too worried : )

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 26, 2009 01:59AM

Super,

JS didn't say anything to warrant such an attack. This is a support forum.

I am concerned about codex as well.

Date: August 26, 2009 02:07AM

i know, right? what are they going to do, come and rip out everyone's backyard gardens? make flowers and herb illegal? steal all our juicers? i mean, come on, there is just no way to enforce this. i can mega dose on vitamins any time i want, just break out the carrots and the jack lalaine.

still, scary to even think about this kind of control over "natural" products but, how many of us are even taking vitamin tablets anyhow? (yes, i know it's broader than that, i'm just saying there are ways to live outside of the kind of system this impacts and we seem to be already doing it.)

Date: August 26, 2009 02:15AM

But for how long will we be able to coco?

If we want the "economy" to improve we should BREED LESS!!! That allows more food and resources for everyone else! There is no REASON for humans to breed anymore. We have WAYYYY TOO MANY as it is!!! Other species are becoming extinct because of us.

Maybe we should all buy cheap farms now while they're still cheap... that's a tip, but please don't spread it around too much if you know what I mean. We don't want prices to skyrocket before we get a chance.

There's also no guarantee the land won't simply be taken from you, even today in America it's possible for the government to do "compulsory purchase" of the land even when everything is above board.

coco Wrote:
> i know, right? what are they going to do, come and
> rip out everyone's backyard gardens? make flowers
> and herb illegal? steal all our juicers? i mean,
> come on, there is just no way to enforce this. i
> can mega dose on vitamins any time i want, just
> break out the carrots and the jack lalaine.
>
> still, scary to even think about this kind of
> control over "natural" products but, how many of
> us are even taking vitamin tablets anyhow? (yes, i
> know it's broader than that, i'm just saying there
> are ways to live outside of the kind of system
> this impacts and we seem to be already doing it.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 02:17AM by SuperInfinity.

Date: August 26, 2009 11:58AM

The conspiracy side of me can see really bad things here, as far as Codex/govt. and any other control is concerned. It could get as bad as a communist nation, with all the "social" agenda that is being pushed down our throats. If that would come to happen, any restriction would be possible.

I try not to get too caught up in it, but still, I do need to be concerned & take a stand. TOO MUCH CONTROL...

No more comment on my part, as it would just get too political.

Date: August 26, 2009 01:26PM

They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 01:27PM by eecho.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 28, 2009 12:31AM

>This topic is annoying bull****.
JerichoSunfire, go away. Never post here again.<

Super--
That's HARSH. WHere do you get off making pronouncements like that? And for your information, Codex Alimentarius is a real threat, and not bull****.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 28, 2009 07:19PM

Here's what Bryan Clement says about Codex:

What About the Codex Problem?

This is a global problem. Those in Europe are very knowledgeable about it because back during the Second World War, they rounded up a group of very sick people. Among them was a man that was running major industries, one of the industries being the German pharmaceutical industry (which also made the gases for the chambers, by the way). He also developed the rails that the railroads used to carry these poor victims to the holocaust chambers. They put him in jail for seven years. Why they didn’t discard him, I don’t know, probably because he had a big bank account and somebody was being taken care of. After he walked out in the 1950s, he was up to his old routine pretty rapidly. He went back heavily into the pharmaceutical area. He wasn’t satisfied with that, so he wanted to see what he could to take hold of the food industry.
The free trade agreements around the world, which 177 countries globally have signed, are in a way unifying the planet. There is one world order. This is one of the many examples we have of it. They set out in the 1950s to manipulate the United Nations, a do-good organization, and say in a do-good way, “We nice guys are going to come in and make sure there’s food for everyone. Everyone is going to be afforded drugs. In the new world, we’re not going to have any problems.” The was really a method of taking total control of all food and medicine on this planet.
The plan will be in place globally with these 177 free trade nations by December 31 2009. That seems like it’s pretty soon, doesn’t it? You’d better listen closely to what else I’m going to tell you.
In Germany and Norway, they have pretty much already eradicated natural healthcare. They have taken total control of supplementation. They have reduced most of the supplements that they allow on the market to nonsense levels that have no effect. They have also put under prescription any supplement that may have an effect. When I was in Ireland recently, they were taking goji berries off the market. God only knows why they would take an organic berry off the market, other than the fact that these unscrupulous people realize that goji berries have quite a high concentration of phytochemicals and antioxidants.
This is being done throughout Europe and, country by country, throughout the world. If you look in your country, you’re going to find organizations that are fighting this, but they’re too quiet. There’s not enough discussion about this. You’d better wake up because someday we may not even be able to be on the internet speaking like we are today.
At the end of the day, they would like to make it so that if you grow sprouts, wheat grass, etc., in your own home, you would have to purchase a license from the local government. If they wanted you to have it, they would give you the permit. If not, they wouldn’t allow you to have the permit.
They also want to do away with organic or biological food as we know it or biological food as we know it. They’re going to make sure that all of it is aerated and cooked at some level. The test ground for that here in the United States is California, where we grow practically all of our almonds. I saw last month that all of the almonds shipped out of California throughout our 50 states now must be cooked. Is there any reason for that? Is there any science to support it? No. They understand that the new global trend in disease prevention and elimination is nutrients so they are on the track, slowly but surely, with or without the knowledge of our parliaments and congresses all over the world, to take total control of food and total control of all healthcare.
If we don’t do something radically and rapidly, this will happen soon. December 31,09 is their target date. There are good groups here in the United States like Health Freedom USA that are systematically working on ways to prevent this. If you look in your own country, your own part of the world and maybe your own community, you’ll find ways to support stopping this nonsense. This is one of the biggest insanities I’ve seen in my 38 years of doing work like this.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 28, 2009 08:12PM

"They also want to do away with organic or biological food as we know it or biological food as we know it. They’re going to make sure that all of it is aerated and cooked at some level. The test ground for that here in the United States is California, where we grow practically all of our almonds. I saw last month that all of the almonds shipped out of California throughout our 50 states now must be cooked. Is there any reason for that? Is there any science to support it? No. They understand that the new global trend in disease prevention and elimination is nutrients so they are on the track, slowly but surely, with or without the knowledge of our parliaments and congresses all over the world, to take total control of food and total control of all healthcare."

"If we don’t do something radically and rapidly, this will happen soon. December 31,09 is their target date. There are good groups here in the United States like Health Freedom USA that are systematically working on ways to prevent this. If you look in your own country, your own part of the world and maybe your own community, you’ll find ways to support stopping this nonsense. This is one of the biggest insanities I’ve seen in my 38 years of doing work like this."

So....what do you propose that we do about this...anyone?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 28, 2009 08:28PM

kwan,

I would really love to hear from European posters what the situation on the ground is. I respect Brian Clement, but this sounds somewhat alarmist to me(the historical stuff about IG Farben is correct).

Anyone from the EU notice supplements and "superfoods" going missing from the shelves at your local herbalist/chemist? Anyone? Canada, you were supposed to be next up at bat with this Codex thing. Anyone from the Great White North?

juicerkatz,

I think for now we can only be vigilant; keep our eyes peeled on upcoming legislation and write our Congresspersons, as they say.

Date: August 29, 2009 05:03PM

I have read again and again that in certain European countries where Codex is already enacted, supplements are extremely scant and very expensive.WOuld love to hear from Europeans who are actually experiencing this: I believe Germany and Sweden are already under Codex.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 29, 2009 11:42PM

We're good here in Canada, no noticable changes about what I can buy off the health food store shelf yet. What I buy is pretty limited though since I try to eat it instead. Haven't had any really raw almonds in a while, I can get them but they cost so darn much now that I don't bother.

Date: August 30, 2009 10:12PM

Read the CODEX FAQ from their website - who writes this stuff?!?! Sounds like it is dumbed down for elementary school students, not to mention numerous spelling/punctuation errors and the usual governmental double talk.

The last statement is hilarious -

"G12: What happens if the government of my country does not implement a Codex standard or guideline? Will we receive a sanction by the United Nations?

ANSWER -

Codex standards are voluntary and non-binding recommendations and their implementation is not controlled but many governments implement them because they see the benefit of it for their consumers and their trade."

Oh, so I guess judging from that statement, we're off the hook...

Date: August 30, 2009 11:04PM

coco--
Canada hasn't come under Codex yet, has it? I think it's still in the future.

juicerkatz--
Granted, a lot of the writing online about Codex is pretty sub-stanard. It's frustrating trying to find out about it, because it's so 'Bildbergian' lol!-- and completely off the mainstream news radar. I want to share a thought about Codex being voluntary, though. The U.S. is considered the #1 proponent of Codex (along with, I believe, Great Britain). FDA is extremely pro-Codex. It's hard to imagine, once we come under its provisions, that the government won't start bending everything to 'harmonize' with Codex. That's why I feel it's so important for U.S. citizens to get up to speed on what Codex is and start protesting now, letting those who govern us know that we don't want to have our health freedom infringed upon.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: rawfoods ()
Date: August 31, 2009 12:42AM

I don't know about Codex, but I know my eczema has gotten worse since going raw... I mean when I swim in a chlorine pool or just bathe in regular tap water or put on lotions I always have my entire life.. I flare up and get worse than ever. It's like I lost my resistance or something...

[www.healthyfoodrawdiet.com]

Date: August 31, 2009 12:57AM

Hi rawfoods--
Sounds to me like it could be the release of a lot of toxins. Excema is one of the ways the many toxins stored in our body find their way out when we go raw. I had some really awful skin rashes, as well as dry, flaky skin, for a few spells early in my raw food 'career,' and it was unpleasant, but I can promise you it will eventually go away and the glow will return.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 31, 2009 01:53AM

i NEVER got eczema until years after going raw the first time. i only get it in the winter too, not in the warmer months. in my case i think it's my body's way of telling me to Go South!

Date: August 31, 2009 05:29AM

kwan -

yeah, I was being "tongue in cheek" about us being off the hook... However, look at the billions of dollars that the supplement companies pump into the country, tax revenues, etc. It would be hard to imaging that the govt. would want to lose that source of revenue, unless of course they decide to actually take over the supplement biz just like with GM, aka "Govt. Motors"...

Date: August 31, 2009 03:34PM

> However, look at the billions of dollars that the supplement companies pump into the country, tax revenues, etc. It would be hard to imaging that the govt. would want to lose that source of revenue, unless of course they decide to actually take over the supplement biz just like with GM, aka "Govt. Motors"...<

The government has already ramped up efforts to 'cull' the small fry companies out and leave only the big ones standing-- legislation was passed about 1-1/2 years ago, if I remember correctly, that changed the regulations considerably and will require big $$ for testing of all products -- very expensive. It looked for awhile like only the biggest ones would be left standing-- and many of them are actually owned by pharmaceutical companies, which is not a good thing.

However!, hubby tells me this morning that the whole supplement industry has been banding together and gearing up to protect the whole industry, including the little guys who stand to lose the most. I don't know. Again, it bears watching. Our government doesn't have a good track record, recently, on oversight and regulation of the FDA and USDA, nor does it have a good track record with helping small and mid-range size businesses survive. It seems they want to only help the largest, most powerful corporations-- which will bring in huge profits to GDP.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 08, 2009 03:03PM

Remember the big Y2K thing???

Ahhh!!!!

Our entire infrastructure will collapse because computers will crash.

So...how did that turn out?

I tell you,this is no different.

Its all fear based.

Like a terrorist attack.

If someday I end up in jail cause I dont have a licence to grow sprouts on my kitchen window sill,then I will live on the bread and water they feed me in jail,and I will still be able to meditate on the peace of God.

NOTHING can take that away from a person.

Ok....bring on 12-31-09 !!!!!!
I'm waitin for ya!!!!

VINNY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 03:05PM by eaglefly.

Date: September 08, 2009 09:33PM

Vinny,

I feel this is much different from Y2K; Y2K was based on the uncertainty that the computer systems/programming languages/programming code would properly register the "0000" thing when clicking over to the new year.

Codex, on the other hand, is a real entity with a nefarious purpose. Basically it is all about control and greed. I personally don't think it would go as far as a license to grow sprouts on your kitchen window sill, lol.

But it is a concern when "they" are in control of our food supply; not all of us can grow everything that we need to be self sustainable. Only time will tell...'till then, stock up on your Heirloom seeds!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 08, 2009 11:31PM

I use the example of Y2k in that we did alot of worrying about it,and nothing bad came of it.

Same idea.

There is always going to be something to worry about.

Its up to each person to worry or not.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 11:33PM by eaglefly.

Date: September 09, 2009 12:29AM

eaglefly Wrote:
> I use the example of Y2k in that we did alot of
> worrying about it,and nothing bad came of it.
>
> Same idea.
>
> There is always going to be something to worry
> about.
>
> Its up to each person to worry or not.
>
> Vinny

So true; I have been trying to step back & simplify things, no worries...
But in a situation which threatens our food supply, someone has to step up to the plate & fight.

Can't let the bureaucrats have their way...look what they've done thus far...

Date: September 09, 2009 12:36AM

I don't really care that much if they take away supplements and natural health modalties like they have under Codex in Germany and other European countries already (well, technically, you can still buy a few supplements in Germany-- echinacea for the equiv. of $150 a bottle).... but I just care about where they'll go with irradiation and GMO more than anything else. We're already getting irradiated tropical fruits imported to the U.S., and none of us want to see this trend widen.

Y2K, in my opinion, was quite different. It was a mistake that had to be fixed, and luckily, people all over the world did their homework and fixed their computer systems, and we sailed into the New Year with barely a hitch. This, however, is a calculated agenda. The Codex Alimentarius Commission has already made a VERY short list of what will be acceptable supplements under Codex-- I think there are, like, 15 of them. All the others will be illegal. Guess what one of the acceptable supplements is..... fluoride.

Anyway, I agree, we shouldn't agonize. We should stay on top of things and organize though, if needed.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables