Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone done a colon cleanse?
Posted by: Itfeltgood ()
Date: August 27, 2009 01:53AM

I have done a little research on it...
Seems like the gist of it is olive oil, epsom salts... and some type of acidic fruit like grapefruit or lemon.
Am I too young to do a colon cleanse?
I dont know if that sounds stupid...
Thoughts anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone done a colon cleanse?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:55AM

I did one 10 day master cleanse/lemonade diet. I could go into details, but you will find much more info. on the forums on this site;

[therawfoodsite.com]

Peter Glickman revived this particular cleanse, originally developed by Stanley Burrows. I would venture to say that anyone who has followed the SAD for any length of time would benefit from a cleanse.

It is not as horrid as it sounds; all part of the journey to good health, and much cheaper/more tolerable than gall bladder/other surgery!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 27, 2009 02:17PM

itfeltgood,

What you are describing is a liver/gallbladder cleanse, not a colon cleanse, per se. Doctor Hulda Clark's website has more inf on this:
[www.drclark.net]

Colon cleanses can vary from what juicerkatz describes, to water fasts, to a series of enemas of various liquids, to juice feasting, and on and on. Do a search on this forum or "Other Health Related" for colon cleanses or fasts, and see if you can find more specific info. Good luck!

Posted by: Itfeltgood ()
Date: August 28, 2009 12:45AM

I know quite a bit about the Master Cleanse.
Like I said I have done research.. your right tho Tamukha it is a liver/ gallbladder cleanse!
I'm a lil scared tho the stuff that comes out of your body looks crazy!

Date: August 28, 2009 01:20AM

"I'm a lil scared tho the stuff that comes out of your body looks crazy!"

Rather it come out than stay in there, yes?

Date: August 28, 2009 07:16PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> itfeltgood,
>
> What you are describing is a liver/gallbladder
> cleanse, not a colon cleanse, per se. Doctor
> Hulda Clark's website has more inf on this:
> [www.drclark.net]
>
> Colon cleanses can vary from what juicerkatz
> describes, to water fasts, to a series of enemas
> of various liquids, to juice feasting, and on and
> on. Do a search on this forum or "Other Health
> Related" for colon cleanses or fasts, and see if
> you can find more specific info. Good luck!

When I was getting into the "cleanses", I looked at Doctor Hulda Clark's & other similar. I viewed several youtube vids also. There is one fellow on there - screen name - thatoneguyonline, aka Matt, his vids are informative. Also, a young lady screen name - ishman2002, aka Nina.

Are you too young to do the cleanse? I can't say...I don't see how it could hurt, but I am not a Dr...

Nina mentions that she was 28 when she did the cleanse, so I view that as pretty young to be needing GB surgery...

Date: August 28, 2009 08:22PM

juicerkatz,

I am not familiar with this Nina person; shall look her up. I am familiar with Matt, thatguyonline, whom I adore! He has the best attitude and such stick-to-itness, that he's very informative. I think that, if one has been eating fats, especially weird ones from denatured proteins, since toddlerhood, it is possible that one's gall bladder and liver may already be congested at the tender age of 28. If a cleanse of that kind is done properly, and methodically, I think it cannot hurt. As you said, better that garbage were out than remain in : )

Date: August 28, 2009 09:06PM

Oops, in the above post, I meant to refer to Matt as thatoneguyonline!

Date: August 29, 2009 01:33AM

Nina is under screen name - fishman2002

I got it wrong in the prev. post. Why no editing allowed on here?!?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 29, 2009 02:07AM

you can only edit after a few minutes since posting .. i think like 5 minutes then the ability is cancelled to edit smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: August 31, 2009 06:55PM

I just did a 28 day total alimentary canal cleanse. I eliminated tons of junk including old impacted matter, mucoid plaque, and parasites.

I was the Arise and Shine 28 day cleanse and it worked fabulously. I lost 15 pounds in those 28 days. My skin looks better. My senses of smell and taste are more acute, overall it was a huge success and I will use this cleansing program again in the future.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 15, 2009 08:36PM

Congrats on your successful total alimentary canal cleanse, which did produce some parasites.

However, parasites - so many different varieties - live elsewhere in the human body, too, unfortunately, and if you want to clean out the whole damn lot, this is trickier. You need a broad-spectrum parasite killing herbal formula. And it's a kind of 2 steps forward, one step back type of effort.

Posted by: mysbenson ()
Date: September 15, 2009 11:54PM

You are right about the parasites. I am starting the first phase of parasite handling today. Thanks for mentioning it, I might not have known I had more to take care of. Mys

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 17, 2009 07:22PM

Instead of a liver cleanse to start with, I would do a parasite cleanse first, then a kidney cleans, then the liver cleanse. You can do the parasite and kidney cleanse at same time.

A simple liver cleanse would be a gram or 2 of magnesium oxide and a gram or 2 of vit c tablets or powder/crystals in the evening, and if you want you can have some fresh lemonade with honey and or fresh grapefruit juice. If you eat any fat for that day, do it in the late afternoon or early evening. I skip the epsom salt..I don't like it personally. It's only added to help open up the bile ducts so there may be less pain in passing stones and debris..but the magnesium oxide also does same thing among it's other attributes.

A simple parasite cleanse is the Hulda Clark protocol with the tinctures of Green Black Walnut Hull, Wormwood, and Cloves. The kidney cleanse takes some combo of herbs and I haven't use it yet..but that is next to do for me. I have used watermelon and watermelon seed tea for simple kidney cleanse and loved it.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables