Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Freelance writer contemplated/decides on double mastectomy...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 20, 2009 06:30PM

I wrote an email to this young lady...

If you feel so inclined, please do the same. Her story is so common these days. She is going on the doctors assumptions that she might get a disease, his best educated guesses.

I would never opt for life altering surgery based on someones else's best educated guesses, especially since I have yet to have any symptoms. But, she obviously has little experience in our "natural" thoughts on this subject.

It is a shame to see someone starting out their young married life with the only hope in her future lying in the notion that a dr. will soon be removing half her body in an attempt to ward off a future condition...

I see where she is coming from on this, since Cancer seems to run in her family, and she is scared at this point.

Just wanted to share...there are many stories similar to hers, but what captured my thoughts on this one is the fact that they are opting for a major surgical procedure where no problem exists yet...except for what the blood tests say about her genetic predisposition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Freelance writer contemplated/decides on double mastectomy...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 20, 2009 10:02PM

Oops!!! Wanted to include a link to the story -

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 21, 2009 01:41PM

Note: no mention that her oncologist told her that the gene will likely not activate unless given certain promoting factors[lifestyle characteristics]. Because the oncologist probably didn't tell her. Because the oncologist probably doesn't know. Sometimes I get so mad I could spit . . .

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 21, 2009 03:21PM

This is why I believe the medical profession is harmful to your health!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2009 02:45PM

W.T.F. maudedamn, this gets me pretty spittin' mad myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables