Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Activated Charcoal
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 24, 2009 04:20AM

Has anyone tried taking activated charcoal for toxins to be absorbed by it?

I read recently that besides a drug that is 80% effective, that taking activated charcoal absorbs toxic mold from ones intestines or gut and to me that is preferable to taking the pharmaceutical and seems close to same absorption rate..or close enough for me to try it out anyway. I still have much damage that the toxic mold exposure caused and occasional shooting pain in my upper mid-section is one I'd like to get rid of. Sometimes it's on the left side, sometimes on the right, but always high up near or just under ribcage.

I also read that clay does not work for this, and has no effect at all on collecting and pulling out the toxic mold.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Activated Charcoal
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 24, 2009 12:20PM

Funny you should bring this up. I recently heard a radio broadcast where this was featured, and I was very impressed. I haven't used it yet, but I will be purchasing some.

If you are interested, give a listen to the podcast archives on this subject, you will be amazed/impressed at its' uses & potential.

[gcnlive.com]

The podcasts are 0924092, 0924093. A personal testimony of a girl, "Amanda" is rather touching in regards to an eye problem that was healed through the use of AC.

BTW, plainlydressed knows a bit about AC & its use, especially in hospitals. Maybe she will weigh in on the subject.

In regards to the clay; I haven't done a huge amount of research on it yet; I'm still learning, but I wouldn't dismiss it too quickly.

If you haven't already, check out [www.aboutclay.com]

- that is an excellent website for clay info.

I would also like to add -

from the same podcast website I linked above, (gcnlive) there are two where they covered clay info. pretty well; they are 0915092 & 0915093. If you get a chance, you might want to give them a listen.

Much good information was discussed, as well as call in personal testimonies.

Cheers,
katz smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 12:22PM by juicerkatz.

Date: October 25, 2009 02:21PM

I took some activated charcoal and it was while I was talking to someone and I just swallowed 2 tablets of the stuff..guess I should have only used 1 tablet so always read the recommended dose! I woke early this morning which I never do and am up at t the computer..I guess I could be awake waiting for the elimination of the charcoal? I don't have any call or feeling for that though...yet.

I was reading this morning about the charcoal and it says to drink a lot of water during the time of the charcoal being in transit..so that is why I was up a lot getting drinks of water last night.

Now, I'm wondering how to eliminate it or if it will be ok by itself..I don't want constipation. At least I have learned that they take some grams of it and people are ok and I took mgs. of it so I'm not worried about it.

I had a nightmare early this morning..very vivid and it creeped me out..I don't have dreams like the one I had and that is main reason I woke early and don't want to go back to sleep. Plus I feel awake and I felt like sitting up so I could breathe better. I think it is in the large colon by now and I feel a little uncomfortable about feeling like I need to take deeper breaths.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:43PM

Prism,

I'm sure you'll be fine if you drink plenty of water. Try not to fret about the charcoal's position in transit--that isn't good : )

Date: October 25, 2009 09:09PM

To add to Tamu's post;

The charcoal molecule as I understand it is too large to be4 absorbed by the body, just as with clay. That is why it is used as a detoxifier; it will bind to toxins and they will be eliminated from the body.

Drink plenty of water as Tamu mentioned, and surely all will be well. There is an account/testimony in the podcast that I liked to of a gent who ingested a large amount of castor beans (toxic) & in turn took very large doses of charcoal to rid his body of the toxic beans.

The one extra tablet that you took would probably not even be noticeable to the body in the larger scheme of things.

Date: October 26, 2009 07:10PM

You are both right, (drink plenty of water while the charcoal is working) and I am now loving the charcoal..and I discovered it does so much more..it's an amazing substance. Elimination was bulky and easy..whew!

Here's what I wrote in my raw diary today:

Something very interesting happened last night. I have been fighting a tooth infection for a while now, on the bottom molar that was part of the overhaul that I had gotten a few years ago on my teeth. That's a story in itself..so I'll leave that or another time.

I saw where you could brush your teeth with activated charcoal so I broke open one of the capsules and used the powder along with some little water to brush my teeth with as it's supposed to make very white teeth or at least clean them. It's a good thing I'm the curious typesmiling smiley

I woke this morning and saw some blood on my cheek and mouth, and on my water cup I use thru the night. I then went into the kitchen and wiped my teeth with a paper towel and saw blood clot on it, and then discovered that my infected tooth had bled and that to me is weird.

I did a search and found that activated charcoal has 1000 uses..wow..I didn't know this! It fights infection as a poultice and draws or pulls out the pus, poison from bites and infected wounds, teeth, tooth aches, and much more. And my tooth isn't hurting which if I keep up the hydrogen peroxide in the water pik mixed with warm water has been helping with also.

The charcoal is what they use in things like air filters, masks, dog treats that help with their breath, people cookie biscuits, I am pretty sure those thera-packs that warm up, products that control odors, water filters of course, foot ordor pads, and probably foot detox pads and on, and on, and on..

I'm going to pack my tooth with some of the charcoal, and maybe on, near or in my left ear since for 2 months that is swollen probably from the tooth infection. I am going to continue taking it internally for collecting and removing the toxic mold and other toxic waste from my gut. I'm going to apply it to that strange cyst that appeared last year on my abdomen too..see how it works.

You can do a search about it, but here is one I found that is very informative and I don't have any affiliation to their products..and no commercial claim to anything the sell. There is just a wealth of info. on the product that some might like to read. I have read some of the testimonials as they have lots of different stories on how they used it.

[www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com]

Love,
Prism

Date: October 27, 2009 03:05PM

Prism,

That is fascinating! Keep us posted and heal all up soon : )

Date: October 27, 2009 06:56PM

Last night I did mix some of the charcoal with a small amount of water and used an eye dropper to put some in my left ear and then used cotton to seal up so it wouldn't leak out. This morning I used my water pik with warm water mixed with hydrogen peroxide and cleaned it out well..it feels somewhat plugged up now, but a bit less swollen.

I'll keep that up for a few days to see how it goes.

I also used an emptied tea bag and placed in some charcoal and folded it to size and it fit great all along the back bottom left side molars..getting about 4 teeth and gums and left it in all night..and slept. I woke and it changed almost by itself to being on the other side of the same teeth so I got it repositioned and left it there till morning. I don't see any more blood or blood clots, or bleeding. I'm going to do that too for a few days as the jaw bone and tooth are I'm sure still infected.

I take one charcoal capsule in the morning and the 2nd one at night.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 10, 2009 05:03AM

I have more info. on my raw foods diary than on this thread, but here's a little update.

I love the charcoal, and I simply open a capsule and mix with tiny bit of water and brush my teeth and leave it in and around for overnight. First though I use my water pik with some hydrogen peroxide mixed with warm water and clean my teeth and gums. Than I brush my teeth with the charcoal.

I take 1-2 capsules with water in mornings, and most nights too. I'd like to have enough bulk charcoal to make a foot bath to draw out toxins via feet.

Sometimes I've skipped the charcoal at night and take a gram of magnesium oxide instead. That helps give me a very good elimination in the morning.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 10, 2009 12:19PM

Prism, thanks for the updates, I will have to check out your other thread(s), as I don't frequent that are of the forum very much. I have been brushing my teeth with the clay, & also packing it into my gums & sleeping with it in there, I feel it is very beneficial.

I haven't picked up the charcoal yet, but I will be very shortly. It is on my list! I am anxious to use it after all the good things I have been hearing about it.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 10, 2009 04:02PM

You're all absolutely right about the bazillion uses of Activated Charcoal. It has been used for hundreds of years and it's powers are limitless. I took handfuls of it (in capsule form) when I had my tummy virus. (Just be prepared for the BLACK stools. *LOL*) Its most powerful use is as a poultice. Used externally, it is a powerful "magnet" to pull out toxins from the body and has been known to heal wounds, reduce tumors, pull cancer right out through the skin, heal bruises, and reduce inflammation and pain, among tons of other uses.

When I worked at a Christian hospital in Georgia that also utilized alternative medicine, it was one of our most useful treatments for everything both inside and outside the body. People travel from all over the world to this center because they are equipped to handle the most extreme, "terminal" medical cases that have been "written off" by most medical doctors.

I remember one case of a young woman from Bermuda who was suffering from a terminal and horrifying case of Ulcerative Colitis (UC) and Crohns Disease. She was literally walking death and had been written off by her doctors, left to die. Her stools were pure liquid blood and she was definitely at death's door. Her story sticks with me, even 15 years later, because I worked with her personally for quite some time. We fed her large and frequent doses of charcoal slurry water and thick charcoal paste to heal her from the inside and slow down the fluid loss, as well as absorb and eliminate the toxins. We also applied charcoal poultices to her abdomen daily and nightly, around the clock. By the time she left the place, she was going for feeble walks outside in the sunshine and able to eat soft foods and nutritious liquids. Her stools had formed into soft stools and her strength was coming back. Her healing was miraculous. I remember that charcoal, among other remedies, was her most powerful tool.

You have to use charcoal carefully because it is so messy and can leave permanent black stains. Never apply directly to an open wound because it will basically "tattoo" your skin as it heals. Always use it in a "poultice" form when applying outside the body.

One of the best ways to use charcoal as a poultice is to mix it with ground or whole flax seeds, because of their gelatinous nature that will bind with the messy powder and hold the mixture together. We would carefully cut open a standard blue "chuck pad" (used in hospitals or for pet training) and apply the mixture INSIDE of the pad, between the plastic protector and the mesh outer absorbent cover. Applying this upside down over the intended area protects the bedding and clothing from the black stains and from wetness and also keeps the wound or skin from getting tattooed from the black "goo." If you are treating a closed wound or tumor, you can apply the poultice directly onto the skin, but just be sure to use something like a chuck pade over it to protect the clothing or bedding from stains and messy moisture.

I ALWAYS keep bottles of charcoal handy, at home and at work, both capsule, tablet, and powdered. The caps and tabs are helpful for upset tummy, gas, diarrhea, etc. The powder is great to use as a "slurry water," especially for diarrhea or otherwise internal infection (viral or bacterial). Mix several tablespoons of the powder carefully into a tall glass of distilled water and let it set for 5-10 minutes according to preference. The powder will settle to the bottom of the glass and then you can sip down the water portion. We call this "slurry water." You can keep adding water and mixing it with the sludge at the bottom and let it sit again and again with the same benefit. If you can tolerate it, learn to drink the water thicker and thicker or keep stirring with a spoon. (Be prepared for a black mouth, teeth, and tongue, but it washes/rinses off easily.) It is tasteless and very chalky in texture, if you can get past that feeling. It helps to replenish the body's fluids while also binding with the toxins to help eliminate them from the body.

There is no right or wrong way to use charcoal. We all know that hospitals use it for overdose victims immediately after pumping the stomach. They pump great amounts of the black sludge down into the patient's stomach to quickly absorb the toxins from the drug overdose. It's messy and gross, especially when the patient starts vomiting up all the black stuff, but it will likely save their life if measures are taken in time.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 10, 2009 07:32PM

Wow..great info. I almost mentioned that I don't have black stools due to not ingesting enough of the charcoal yet. But I do want to buy bulk amount of the charcoal. I can't find bulk local but online you can buy it..they say it's heavy though..I thought I'd go with the 10 oz. bottle then the 4 lbs. later when I can afford it.

I did make a paste of it a couple times, just charcoal and a bit of water for anomaly on my upper tummy. It popped up right at the height of the toxic mold exposure and just sits there like a mini tumor. I'm going to now make the poultice nightly and use it..see if it goes away.

How would I make an eye patch to place over a closed eye for overnight? Do you use water to make the poultice wet or dampish when using it? It seems to dry out quickly since I tried making eye patch with a tea bag and the charcoal. I also made a slight mess as it came out of the tea bag.

Also, I want to use charcoal for my nasal passages..any idea how to utilize it there? Inside or outside? I need a neti pot and learn to use one.

I'm going to try the black slurry..I would like to get to the black bms..hahahaha..how much is too much I wonder? I only have capsules for now, so should I just do a teaspoon in a glass of water? Tap or distilled water or spring water?

Oh..see now..we have an 'expert' to ask questions..you are not obligated to answer any..no pressuresmiling smiley

Thanks so much for your post PD!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 10, 2009 09:27PM

Hi Prism - I don't mind answering, just as long as you don't hope for immediate answers during my work schedule. =)

Dry Powdered Charcoal is not "heavy" by any means. It's actually pretty light. This is probably one of the best websites to help. They also have instructions for making poultices:

For use over an eye, you would use cheesecloth or strong paper towel. Follow the instructions on the website for making a poultice mixture:

Apply patch over the closed eye. Cover with clear plastic (seran wrap would work), and secure with cloth / paper tape. Seal well, so it won't leak out any moisture during the night. Be prepared for some possible skin staining in the morning. Normally it would be easy to scrub off, but just be careful scrubbing around the eye. It will NOT stain permnanetly, but you will want to use caution scrubbing the skin around the eye.

You can use the slurry water for the neti pot. Just make the slurry water and carefully strain and pour into the neti pot or nasal syringe.

You can't over-use charcoal, really. It is harmless, and to use too much, you would have to eat way more than you would ever eat under any circumstances. It only absorbs "bad" stuff, not the good stuff, oddly enough.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 10, 2009 09:35PM

Another good resource:

[www.charcoalremedies.com]

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 10, 2009 10:24PM

2 Videos that might be helpful:

PART 1

[www.truveo.com]

Follow the links on the page to watch part 2

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 11, 2009 12:59AM

plainlydressed,

This is one of those most useful expositions I've seen here in ages(and they are almost all useful)--thanks soooooooooo much : )

Date: November 13, 2009 03:31AM

The first link to where to buy charcoal is the website I had found and it does have tons of info. and bulk sizes to buy charcoal in.

Your second link is terrific and I love the stats they give on when Dr.'s prescribe drugs instead of using tried and true holistic remedies..wow..it just is unfathomable isn't it?!

Everyone should take a look at charcoalremedies.com and read just the first page.
The remedy for a charcoal pencil and how to make one sounds intriguing for those with uterine cancers and or cysts, and other things like infections, heavy bleeding, etc.

Now I'm going to take a look a the videos you mention. Thanks so much!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 13, 2009 03:04PM

Glad to help. Always remember who "owns" the medical industry - Pharmaceutical companies and government. First of all, doctors are not even TAUGHT the principles of health and TRUE nutrition in medical school, so they are generally just as ignorant of true health as most people in society who take their word as "gospel." And even for the doctors that DO understand basic nutrition and health, they are basically "paid" by the pharmaceutical companies to prescribe various drugs, greatly over-using them.

I can't count the number of dinner meetings I attend with physicians who are paid HUGE bucks by the pharm companies simply to present a simple powerpoint presentation about a particular drug(s) even if they don't know much about it or use it themselves. The drug companies simply capitalize on the doctors' status by using them to push their pills. It's disgusting and pathetic how so many people are drugged into a stupor, taking mounds and mounds of poison daily, simply because the DOCTOR prescribed it. Heaven forbid they actually try something simple and basic. It's alot easier in their minds to pop a pill of poison than take the effort to self-educate.

It's very very sad. But it's ALSO very funny how, when push comes to shove, the medical community WILL turn to natural medicine in extreme cases like drug poisoning or overdose. They would never touch charcoal otherwise and laugh in your face if you ever even suggested it. PLUS, the most important factor is that doctors and pharma companies would LOSE MONEY if people started educating themselves in the simple, natural remedies so easily provided by mother nature. It's no different than the dark ages - keep the population in ignorant darkness and discourage them from learning and understanding the TRUTH and "we" will maintain absolute power and control for all eternity. It's up to US to take that power from their hands and learn to govern our own lives and health.

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 13, 2009 10:45PM

Hence the REAL reason for pushing HEALTH CARE reform on the populace..it's the drug companies way of being in charge and making alternative health practices and substances illegal eventually. People like us will be using what we have in our backyards, or in our forests..and who know what they might do to 'us' if they find out about what we do to get our natural substances.

No to drugs, yes to natural healing..NO to DRUGS, yes to natural healing!

I should have a bumper sticker that says that.

I had a call today from a friend that has been battling and living with infected gums and teeth and it's gotten very painful..so she just tried the charcoal last night and woke this morning excited that the pain is much less..and she's going to continue using it, packing it on her gums and teeth. I believe she is also ingesting it..which she should be..all that pus and infection for 2 years flowing non-stop thru her system, blood, organs..nasty! I'm so happy that it's helping her as it's helping me and many, many others!!

Love,
Prism

Date: March 04, 2010 01:14AM

Update as to my tooth infection..and jaw pain. It's gone now..and I can chew and eat and there is no pain..although it will return a bit if I do not keep it clean and brushing with the charcoal. I also make sure to drink my charcoal surry just about every evening. It's one of those things I don't ever want to be without!

I want to do some flaxseed and charcoal poultices for my friend who has terminal cancer and they refuse to treat her with any more chemo..they know they are killing her so that is when they just say..go home and go on hospice and die. Here's some morhine..etc..very sad!

Love,
Prism

Date: March 05, 2010 01:51AM

Prism,

Sorry about your friend. Do what you can for her, and bless you.

Date: March 23, 2010 11:50PM

My friend has just started on the Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) and I hope she is able to stick with the protocol. Her sons are helping with that lat least. I said, don't worry about the other things..just keep up the MMS. I'll post how she does on it from time to time.

Love,
PrismLovingTheCharcoal!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables