Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fungal nail
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: August 12, 2006 09:39PM

Hi! I have a fungal nail-yellowing on nail and cuts on finger skin below. Tried tea tree oil for several months, no help. Went to doctor- ordered a cortizone cream- a week or so later no help. Anyone know of any other natural cures? Ive started use of mouthwash soak and a derm cream called ertazco. I'd be not happy to have to take an oral anti-fungal pill. I have Raynaud's of the extremities, so that is surely the reason I got this. Thanks for any input, Janice

Re: fungal nail
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 14, 2006 03:57PM

I had toenail fungus for a few years before going raw. After a year of being raw, they went away. The fungus in an internal condition, and any "cure" that is going to stop the symptoms are going to be quite toxic. The medication that is offered by western medicine is very toxic to the kidneys and liver.

Eating a raw vegan diet with a fat intake of 10% or less will help. Also what is necessary it to get plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, exposing the affected body parts to sunlight, getting fresh air, clean water, removing stress.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: August 15, 2006 01:09AM

Thanks, Bryan. I will heed your advice. Jan

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 17, 2006 03:40AM

You may also want to consider doing a colon and/or liver cleanse while gradually making changes in your diet. A clean blood and unclogged lymph will be of significant assistance in balancing your body chemistry and getting rid of yeast/fungal colonies. Basically you'll be getting rid of the environment that was hospitable to the the fungus that took up residence.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 07:45AM

regular castor oil packing on your tails & oil of oregano can work wonders..

Re: fungal nail and colloidal silver
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2006 01:15AM

I'd give colloidal silver a try. I used colloidal silver to get rid of plantar warts that I'd had for more than a decade. The docs I saw were of no help at all. I begged them to cut it out, but instead they told me to get the over the counter stuff which actually made it spread from one into three. I found out about colloidal silver and applied it 2x/day. I used an eyedropper to put some on directly, then I put some on the pad of a bandaid and kept it on. The warts were gone in 30 days! I'm now using a new super strength silver product called NutraSilver that is more potent. It is absolutely safe to use in your eyes, ears, sinuses and internally. You might try it: www.nutrasilver.com

Julie in Sacramento

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 09, 2007 03:08AM

put vicks vapor rub under the nail.when i was a caregiver-we used vicks on elderly peoples fungal toenails.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables