Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

parasites
Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: February 12, 2010 04:57AM

many things have led me to believe i have parasites, including both intuition and observable symptoms.

ive been doing a bit of research and now know that this is so very common in most people at some point in their life and just as common in developed countries as in third world.

i have been wondering why i have such a voracious appetite that can never be satisfied. i constantly feel, even when i just and drink wheatgrass, that i am craving/needing something. i am never nutritionally satisfied.

i am certain now, especially the abundance of yeast and fungus in my body that wont go away, that i have parasites.

does anyone else have or have had this problem and what have they taken to get rid of them?

i have been taking clear and experience by awareness health, and have access to many high quality supplements and formulas working in a local healthfood/supplement store and volunteering for a natural healing center... ive asked them about this but want advice from people who share the same desire to eat raw foods and life the unique lifestyle that is often associated with the raw food/juicing/sprouting diet.

please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: parasites
Posted by: scottiethomas ()
Date: February 12, 2010 05:02AM

basically i used to eat terribly. id eat fastfood everyday and usually the cheapest thing on the menu... meat meat meat.

i played in a sewer/ditch barefoot for the longest time.

i let my cat drink from my drinking water and do not bother to dump it.

ive picked mushrooms out of the ground before and consumed them without washing them.

i came back from india last year having spent 4 months there.

i have an enormous amount of yeast and fungus. does not matter how many times i brush/floss/use mouthwash, i still have terrible breath.

my appetite is outrageous and i never gain weight.

i am tired most of the time.

i have issues with digestion.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2010 06:13AM

Have you seen any sort of doctor about this?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 12, 2010 12:56PM

scottie,

Wow, judging from your second post, you were trying really, really hard to get as many parasites into your system as possible, right? I think you should go see a doctor, relate to him/her what you describe above, discuss the variety of parasite test panels, and have them done if you can.

I have not been a raw foodist long, and there are raw foodists who believe just eating raw fruits and vegetables and juicing grasses can eliminate parasites, but I don't know; if an infection is long-lived, it won't go easily.

Do discuss this with a doctor to at least eliminate variables, and do it soon. Good luck.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 12, 2010 02:13PM

scottiethomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> many things have led me to believe i have
> parasites, including both intuition and observable
> symptoms.
You might want to look into this.
[www.drclark.net]
I recently bought some of this to try....WY
P.S. Google it to find a better price.

[www.vitaminshoppe.com]

Posted by: kingpenguin ()
Date: February 13, 2010 02:34AM

So. I have some experience with this. I have been to parasite-cleansing workshops and seen nasty pics and so forth.
This is what I've learned from that, it may or may not be correct.

Parasite-related symptoms:
Crying for *unreasonable* reasons
Crying because you are not getting your way
Crying because you can't get sugar
Needing sugary foods, meat, cheese, bread, beer.
Feeling tired and listless
Having a poochy tummy

What foods carry parasites and/or feed parasites:
Mushrooms, fermented or yeasty food
Sugary food
Chocolate
Meat

What I would do if I was trying to eradicate parasites is stop eating foods that either are contaminated with parasites, or feed parasites. Starch, cheese, sugar, meat, mushrooms. I will *never* give up chocolate, but I will temporarily suspend chocolate priveledges to myself at times, ha!

I would go back and re-research what herbs are effective against parasites. There are about five or six good ones, and some others with more mild effects. I would CYCLE those herbs, phasing them in and out of my supplement regimen.

Then. When you feel that they are on their way out. I would sit in a bath of lukewarm milk-water and wait for them to come out. Or. I would get a colema board and flush flush flush until the little buggers were staring back at me from the toilet.

Sigh.

I will probably never do that again. I might have a parasite or two lurking in my body right now. And I think it's kind of like the annoying "friend" you put up with because it's more bother to get rid of them than it is to put up with them.

-KP

Date: February 13, 2010 02:56PM

KP,

Or, you could just take a parasite tincture for 6 weeks and call it a success : )

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 14, 2010 10:16PM

parasites are not as common as the alternative world would like you to believe, they attribute every disease to parasites being the cause which just isnt true.

yeast/fungal overgrowth is much more common.

Date: February 14, 2010 11:50PM

powerlifer,

I disagree. People today are very well traveled and I tend to think anyone who has gone to a developing country and eaten the street food had better be tested 6 months later to be on the safe side. Parasites are not simply a nuisance--they can kill the host, and gruesomely. Besides, candida albicans and parasites thrive in similar internal conditions, so if you suspect you have the one, may as well deal with the other concurrently.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:09PM

id still beg to differ, the whole parasite thing is well blown out of proportion much like candidiasis which is attributed to every disease under the sun much like parasites have due to dr clark and so on.

they do thrive in similar conditions which is an alkaline terrain in the intestinal tract, and no amount of anti-fungals will cure a normal part of the body which is usually kept in check by the acids your good bacteria release.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 25, 2010 06:10PM

You may be right, that you have parasites. Given the other symptoms you described, it sounds like your body is just very sick. Whenever I've been sick, regardless of what it was, what has always helped me it to get more rest and sleep, and the eat lightly, or perhaps even to fast.

What does your current diet look like? With a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables only, its hard for parasites to thrive in your body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables