Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help for rampant candida population
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:23PM

Is there any natural way to cure yeast infections? I've heard that raw yogurt works, but I don't like dairy even topically. Would wheatgrass juice implants help? Are there food to avoid/increase that may help? Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help for rampant candida population
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:52PM

What's your diet like? Low fat is becoming a more popular recommendation. It probably wouldn't hurt to try wheatgrass whatever(don't know the origin of your candida overgrowth). Good luck.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 26, 2010 10:14AM

You simply have to get the terrain in gear, if its a localized yeast infection its becausse the natural acids have shifted PH to an alkaline PH.

fermented foods work the best such as kefir, sauerkraut, cultured veggies all have to be home made though.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 28, 2010 05:00AM

Have you tried lowering your fat intake? Many people on the 80/10/10 heal their candida in a few weeks.

Date: February 28, 2010 12:30PM

if their getting better lowering there fat intake then they dont have candida, more likely sluggish liver.

candida is too often self-diagnosed. Much like systemic candida that barely exists unless you have major immune dysfunction such as cancer/hiv/aids.

Date: February 28, 2010 06:13PM

powerlifer,

Or, candidiasis is a common latent precursor infection to the disorders you list; jury's still out. Low fat seems to work for fungal infections(I speak from clinically diagnosed experience) because low blood lipid levels apparently allow for more efficient glucose metabolization. In any case, it cannot hurt to try, right?

Date: February 28, 2010 08:57PM

anything is worth a shot whilst ill so yeah your right, although glucose metabolism isnt the cause of candiasis or dysbiosis.

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: March 01, 2010 05:13PM

I know for sure that it's a candida issue - my naturopath told me so years ago, but I ignored his warnings. Now I'm starting to get yeast infections as well as evidence that I have intestinal over-population. Due to all of my health issues lately, my husband and I have decided that I am going to be 100% raw....again. No more dabbling in cooked food!

My plan of action thus far has been:
-emphasis on green smoothies, along with 100% raw diet.
-topical introduction of wheatgrass juice.
-topical melaleuca alternifolia cream.
-avoidance of candida's "blacklisted" foods; honey and other sweeteners, fungi, grains, simple sugars of any kind, alcohol, etc.
-colon hydrotherapy sessions.
-extra time bellydancing.

So far, so good! Many symptoms have quieted down, and I am feeling more clear in my head. I also was struck, for the first time, by how very much I am in control of my life now, and how I make my own decisions and follow my own path. What a great feeling!

Date: March 01, 2010 05:41PM

dont forget fermented/cultured food some of these are raw also, if it is indeed dysbiosis/candida you wont beat it without restoring the good flora.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 10, 2010 07:58AM

I am currently using a enzyme product called candex. you could use any awesome multi enzyme pill, but this one is focused on digesting the candida cell walls inside of you. so while you are cleansing, you MUST take some kind of plant based enzyme pill, or even if you are clean for a while, it can come back. If you really want to win the fight, supposedly its crucial to take enzymes when you first wake up, on an empty stomach, so it digests just the bare intestinal walls.then also take them at bed, no food. i do it just in the morning, as i'm a night eater. but i feel great. look into it, serious science. Really is true, the secret to raw is the enzymes. So many problems in our bodies cured by enzymes alone. Good luck, hope this helps!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Date: March 10, 2010 11:38AM

most enzyme supplements contain cellulase though which breaks down the fibre, resulting in your good flora not being fed.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 11, 2010 08:20AM

i'm not using them for long. just a bottle now. and maybe another bottle in a few months just for removal.

Date: March 11, 2010 05:04PM

the thing is you'll never remove candida, you cant remove a natural part of the body, most blast them with anti-fungals which again will never get rid of them, anti-fungals should only be used in severe cases were you need to displace some temporarly to kick start your immune system.

the only way you'll ever get rid of candida is to repopulate your good flora.

Date: March 11, 2010 10:05PM

I think the best approach is to use an anti-fungal while also supplementing with foods that boost intestinal flora. Lots of people develop candida albicans infections without having a pre-existing deficiency in gut flora; the fungus is a more invasive and virulent cell than gut flora and easily overwhelms them. Of course you cannot eradicate candida any more than you can eradicate e. coli, but you must do something to limit further growth of the population of fungus while restoring gut flora to normal ratios, or you'll just experience recurring imbalance over and over again.

Date: March 12, 2010 10:42AM

candida goes out of balance due to teh terrain though you need sufficient stomach acid to keep candida in check. If your GI tract is alkaline it switches candida growth gene from harmless yeast to overgrowth fungl type. Not only that when stomach acidity is low apart from the maldigesting of food/proteins you have no defense against food bourne pathogens which will take over in an opportunistic enviroment.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: March 16, 2010 01:14AM

atomic iodine and a zapper from ebay don croft model cost about 40 to 55 .kill candida in a few days.you will feel great in one week like new person.if you really want to detox everything order homozon (magnesuim oxide).use all three.this will kill all cancer,virus,bacteria,etc.also iodine removes halogens very toxic chemicals,flouride bromine nickel mercury,etc.these are @#$%& up your immune system.if you want fast results listen to me. if you want to play with candida. then listen to the above. they are all wright.but it takes alot of time.ricardo

Date: March 17, 2010 11:49AM

magnesium oxide is bad one its alkalising to the digestive tract which goes against the way to get rid of candida as candida flourishes in an alkaline enviroment.

second oxide is caustic so burns the intestinal wall increasing risk of intestinal cancer.

Date: March 17, 2010 12:18PM

powerlifer,

Where did you hear that an internal growth of candida albicans is alkaline environment-dependent? It's an anaerobic organism, I believe, and therefore thrives in an oxygen poor environment; hence its being pathologically consistent with cancer.

Date: March 17, 2010 02:24PM

Most of the research papers and biology books, ill try dig up some information if you cant find some.

which is the best way you can tell if a naturopath knows anything about treating you if he says otherwise. I was just on this clinic because i want to try some IV Ozone and found there candida page by coincidence.

[www.wimbledonclinic.co.uk]

Date: March 17, 2010 02:25PM

homozon provides oxygen to in the body in the form of nascent oxygen.WILL KILL CANDIDA ALBICANS. please look-up www.healthsprings.net/product/homozon.htm or any other site that explains HOMOZON.with a health immune system are body fights candida but we live in a toxic world. the atomic iodine help enhance the immune system by detoxing toxins.thankyou edgar cacye .i use a zapper and so does dave wolf.dave talks about zappers on youtube.i like david he's a genuis.but also he charges alot for his products.i pay close attention to what he says .so i can learn for free.WHY WASTE MONTH AND YEARS ON FIGHTING CANDIDA .WHEN YOU CAN DO IT IN A FEW DAYS? RICARDO

Date: March 17, 2010 02:41PM

powerlifer i looked at you link. trust me buy a few bottles of homozon .be alot cheaper and easy to take.iv ozone thats crazy. the doctor looks like a nut.NOW HOMOZON WILL CLEAN EVER LITTLE THING THAT IS STUCK IN YOU GUT TO ASS.CLEAN AS A WHISHLE.

Date: March 17, 2010 04:29PM

powerlifer,

Based on my education and the health experiences of people close to me, I disagree with the information at the Wimbeldon Clinic link. I'll look into it further, though. Thanks.

Date: March 17, 2010 04:50PM

its basic biology though, with the stomach having an acidic PH and so on. I cant really argue with that.

the doctor isnt recommending IV ozone for candida, it was me looking for IV ozone as well its one of the strongest ozone applications.

i havent looked at homozon but its just magnesium oxide im against and preparations containing calcium/magnesium oxide as well its caustic, burns the intestines very slowly and will lead to cancer, not only that alkalizes a part of the body that should have an acidic PH.

Bear in mind that guy is a doctor not some nut whos built up his own theory that all diseases stem from acidic PH when 99% of them have bacterial, viral origins etc.

Date: March 17, 2010 07:48PM

But that's what I'm arguing--standard bacteriology/virology holds that most disease-causing pathogens are oxygen averse, meaning that they thrive in an acidic environment. Hence the prevalence of disease among populations whose tissue pH is closer to base, like actively cancerous individuals.

As to the stomach's having high acid levels: I learned in culinary hygiene class that the stomach is an ideal incubation medium for food-borne pathogens precisely for the same reason the warm, non-alkaline environment of a kitchen cutting board is. There are a few organisms that are excepted of course, but I don't think candida albicans is one of them. And I have never learned in science class that magnesium oxide is carcinogenic.

Maybe we're saying the same thing, but miscommunicating with one another . . .

Date: March 18, 2010 05:41AM

homozon has been around for about 75 year.i does not cause cancer.magnesium is very important to everyones body. please look up mark sircus.he works with trandermal magnesium.magnesium is used in over 400 functions in the body.homozon does't have calcium.i have help about 30 people with serious health problems.just using homozon.you take homozon with water then you drink a little lemon juice to make it work.also i use sodium bicarbonate.i will oxygenize the body.i also make magnesium bicarbonate.MARK SIRCUS IS ONE OF THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD READ HIS INFO.i have been a healer for twenty years.i don't trust the average studies.i take the stuff and see results.not just read what some doctor told me.i saw you web site i like what i saw.ricardo

Date: March 18, 2010 10:12AM

im not disagreeing against magnesium just magnesium oxide which is caustic simple.

i prefer transdermal or acidified sources such as malate or citrate which arent going to deplete your stomach acid.

Date: March 18, 2010 12:26PM

i never said it was carcogenic i said magnesium oxide such as calcium oxide are CAUSTIC which burns the intestinal wall causing problems such as inflammation, diarrhea, and increased risk of cancer

Hydroxides dont provide the body with oxygen. They are some of the strongest free radicals known. Not only that they neutralize stomach acid.

Posted by: jeni jolt ()
Date: May 27, 2010 04:15AM

I got chronic yeast infections for years and I got rid of them doing the Body Ecology Diet once for 2 months..no-fruit no-sugar/gluten, etc..but they came back. I didnt eat fruit most of last year and I still got yeast infections, but I was drinking a bit and doing other things not good for the diet. I went mostly raw in January and now I dont get any yeast infections!! At the same time I also stopped using condoms so maybe that had something to do with it to. BTW-I eat tons of sugary fruit now and I have been drinking a bit on the weekends and I am still not getting any yeast infections! hmm...
Yeast Arrest works well. They are suppositories.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables