Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Giant oil plumes found under Gulf - how much worse...
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:55AM

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

In the words of Michael Savage - "It is unbelievable to me..."

How much worse can this man made mistake/gross negligence/incompetent error get? I can't even begin to put into words how I feel about this...

Killing off sea life is a horrible thing, no doubt, and the earth will suffer the effects of this for an immeasurable amount of time...

This oil, or remnants of it will eventually find its way around the earth. Sure, diluted/filtered to some extent, but it will be spread everywhere.

There is heightened concern about the Florida coral reefs...

What effect will this ultimately have on the food supply? This mess will get into the irrigation waters? Even our precious organics will be watered with this slime.

Those bastards...those greedy bastards...

oh yeah, BP was quoted as saying the spill is "TINY" in relationship to the whole ocean.

...and I say again..."It is unbelievable to me..."

I grieve for this poor hurting planet; I feel I must change my signature back to the previous one...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 01:59AM by juicerkatz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Giant oil plumes found under Gulf - how much worse...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:17PM

First, I was so angry that I couldn't see straight; when a certain pundit said, in an obscene bookend to BPs equivocations, that the ocean won't be hurt by this oil leak because oil is natural, as natural as the surrounding ocean water, honestly, I almost kicked over the TV in a rage.

Now, I am just grimly resigned to its becoming a marine holocaust, and on doing whatever I can to make people understand that the human cannot continue to treat the planet as a commodity without being exterminated by her, and that if they continue to support policies of industrial rapine, they will pay for it.

Yes, I drive a[fuel efficient] car, but the second my bee keeper perfects his home made, water based fuel cell prototype, it's goodbye gasoline, hello, World of Tomorrow.

Date: May 16, 2010 06:49PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First, I was so angry that I couldn't see
> straight; when a certain pundit said, in an
> obscene bookend to BPs equivocations, that the
> ocean won't be hurt by this oil leak because oil
> is natural, as natural as the surrounding ocean
> water, honestly, I almost kicked over the TV in a
> rage.
>
> Now, I am just grimly resigned to its becoming a
> marine holocaust, and on doing whatever I can to
> make people understand that the human cannot
> continue to treat the planet as a commodity
> without being exterminated by her, and that if
> they continue to support policies of industrial
> rapine, they will pay for it.
>
> Yes, I drive a car, but the second my bee keeper
> perfects his home made, water based fuel cell
> prototype, it's goodbye gasoline, hello, World of
> Tomorrow.

It is so mind blowing, the spin that is put out for our consumption these days. Do they really believe that we buy all this nonsense? Do they really believe that "we" are this stupid that we believe all the spoon-fed news that is dished our way?

I have higher hopes for us humans, but I really am starting to question that. As far as the water based fuel cell prototype, good luck with that. I have a hydro generator on a couple of my cars that increase mileage, but I haven't been able to convert completely.

To top it off, they require a bit of mechanical knowledge on the users' part and are somewhat high maintenance. To add to that, modern cars of today feature on-board computer systems (OBD2) that continually monitor engine parameters & make adjustments accordingly to keep the engine running within a set of ROM programming.

Not to get real techy here, but in simple terms; the engine is designed to operate at an air/fuel ratio of 14.7 to 1. The computer, through the input of the various sensors monitors that ratio, particularly via. the O2 sensors, but others as well.

Fellow mechanics, very smart friends of mine have tackled this and come up empty handed, so to speak. You just have a very hard time getting past the ECM/PCM (computer).

There has been a gizmo built called an EFIE (electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer)
that plays with the oxygen sensor voltage a bit, but it is far from the correct answer to this problem. It does work, but has its' limitations.

Theoretically, the hydro generator will work on an ancient vehicle (pre-fuel injection) because the engine operates much differently when not being told what to do by the ECM.

I have been around a lot of like-minded mechanics & have yet to see a water cell vehicle work (OBD2), although you can see them in youtube videos.

The technology also exists in other forms, the Joe Cell is a popular idea.

If your friend does perfect it, best not to share his idea with the public or the boys in the black cars with a presidential seal on the doors will come to visit him & you will soon wonder why he never comes around anymore.

Sorry for the long winded post... grinning smiley

Date: May 17, 2010 12:39AM

S'OK, jk. Have you seen Amory Lovins's TED Talks?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 17, 2010 01:19AM

I believe I have heard Amory Lovins on the radio broadcast, "The Power Hour" with host Joice Riley. He has some interesting things to say.

However, as long as greed is involved, (big oil/big pharma/big gov't.) will there ever be any headway made by "the resistance"?

Date: May 17, 2010 01:21PM

I almost daily think of Yeat's poem, "The Second Coming," to focus my resolve.

[www.potw.org]

"as long as greed is involved, (big oil/big pharma/big gov't.) will there ever be any headway made by "the resistance"?"

Yes. We fail when we cease resisting. When we despair we succumb. You and your perspective do not exist in a vacuum; millions of people all over the world believe what you believe and hope for what you hope for. You worry that our numbers are too small, and our populations too geographically fractured. But I am beginning to see it is not a matter of number, but of will. One bold voice can drown out a chorus, and one individual can command an army with but a word. I truly believe that what is right will prevail, perhaps not in our lifetime, but ultimately. It is written.

Date: May 17, 2010 08:22PM

I hear you Tam....it's just that...well...how are the American people going to resist the might of the awesome US military who will follow orders to the death?

Date: May 17, 2010 08:57PM

Ah, juicerkatz, as someone whose mother often described going through the PerĂ³n Revolution in AG, I don't foresee a military junta in our near future. It's not our way. In any case, the military, they are exhausted in the far abroad, remember.

No, our strength lies in our insistence on still being in charge, of having choices, of threatening consequences of backlash against those who don't serve the Greater Good. This is still a democracy, and such systems are wonderfully plastic--what evil may be done can also be undone. Only believe it.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 17, 2010 09:12PM

"as long as greed is involved, (big oil/big pharma/big gov't.) will there ever be any headway made by "the resistance"?"

It,s a slow train to Washington, We must make headway and we are, kinda like the snail very slow but never backwards

This is a thin democracy ruled by consentrated wealth, what we need is a live
democracy like live and raw.

Yes we can!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 20, 2010 04:38AM

Just saw a slideshow (Reuters) of the oil that's beginning to show up in Venice, Louisiana. There are simply no words to express my feelings about this-- it's just too much. I can't deal with it rationally.

Someone pointed out that hurricane season in the Gulf is going to be... real interesting. The hurricane funnels will pick up the oil. Lightning may even ignite it.

Tam-- you're absolutely right; we MUST resist. It may seem futile at times (David v. Goliath) but the people have prevailed in worse situations in the past. Mobilize the people; never give up. Stay strong-- stay spiritually strong and physically strong; then our voices are infinitely more powerful.

It's so easy to become bitter and completely demoralized in situations like this. We can't cave in. Intuition and inner guidance, inner peace and a strong commitment to love and empathy go a long way in times of crisis.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 20, 2010 10:56AM

"Tam-- you're absolutely right; we MUST resist. It may seem futile at times (David v. Goliath) but the people have prevailed in worse situations in the past. Mobilize the people; never give up. Stay strong-- stay spiritually strong and physically strong; then our voices are infinitely more powerful."

Interesting statement - In that instance, David had God on his side...I am not sure that this country does...

Oh well...the "Tea Party" movement is gaining ground...not that I am really a tea party supporter, per se...

That is all I will say on the subject, since going further may delve into spiritual/religious/political issues...

"Resist the establishment", I guess would be a good sign off...

Edit -

Yes kwan, I feel as you do as far as dealing with it. It is sickening, gut wrenching, and BP, the gov't., and everyone involved seems to be dragging their feet for some reason.

I know it must be a difficult task to plug up the hole, but I hear a lot of talk & don't see very much action...

Has the planet ever seen a more disastrous man-made situation? I suppose the fallout from the A-bombs were a blast, soil & air contamination & whatnot...

...and then there was that whole Chernobyl thing 20 some years ago.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2010 11:01AM by juicerkatz.

Date: May 20, 2010 02:13PM

kwan,

For me a worse thing than the initial explosion/geyser, and I scarcely thought this possible, is listening to what the proffered "solutions" are now: stuffing rubber and nylon debris into the pipe to plug it, sluicing concrete into it to plug it. These, I don't even know the word, demonic entities? Demonic entities that are oil company execs clearly don't have a clue what to do at all. Now the administration is talking of dissolving the corrupt Minerals Management Agency, which signed off on the Deepwater Horizon without requiring BP or Transocean to prove feasibility and file reasonable contingency plans. To me, MMS's negligence is a crime against humanity(crimes against Nature being unrecognized, unfortunately) and there should be more excessive action taken against them than dissolution of the agency. Else, what have their "associates" in industry to fear as penalty? If I lose hope that justice will be meted out, if I become inured against these travesties against Creation, that's a score for the other side. Oh, heeeeeeell no.

Date: May 23, 2010 01:19AM

Fox news is reporting that "government officials and independent scientists" (lol, lol, lol) are considering "setting the woods on fire, or flooding the area" in an attempt to clean up some of the marshes.

Yeah, that sounds about right; burn up or drown anything that you haven't already destroyed with your oily muck.

[www.foxnews.com]

What madness - it just keeps getting more unbelievable day after day...

Is anyone actually in charge of doing anything constructive. Of course, there is the usual posturing and finger pointing, but no real progress that I can see...

Guess we'll have to let nature take its course on this one...could be tough times ahead. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables