Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 26, 2010 11:23PM

Interesting article. They're actually encouraging the masses to go vegan - wow. That's how you know it's getting bad, when the mainstream is promoting it...

"United Nations report (June 2, 2010) says a global shift towards a vegan diet is vital to save the world from hunger, fuel poverty and the worst impacts of climate change. Western tastes for diets rich in meat and dairy products are unsustainable as the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050."

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2010 03:21AM

Facebook, here we come!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 27, 2010 02:57PM

The guardian is quite a good newspaper - it's what the middle class, left wingers tend to read. It slightly salves their guilty worries.

We do hear that message every now and again in England but it's never a very loud call and the politicians immediately worry about our farmers. The voting system is such in this country that the government have to try and keep the farmers happy!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 27, 2010 04:07PM

Yesterday, it was such a glorious late summer day here in southeast Michigan, I drove out to the farm country ten miles to the north of my house. I picked up a half bushel of naturally grown peaches and two pounds of delish lettuce leaves, that upon closer inspection of the package, proved to be "organic"--organic but without certification. This isn't really convenient, especially in bad weather, but people drive greater distances to go shopping all the time. And it is worth it when you can support local growers like those. Did I mention the lettuce was delish? So minerally--yum!

Alas, because it's the UN telling us this, paranoics the world over won't listen . . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables