Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sorry to be icky, colonic question...
Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: September 06, 2006 03:30AM

So most people seem to rave about how great and light they feel after a colonic. I feel tired and gassy. Also noticed a tiny bit of blood coming out. It's only a teensy tinsy little bit, about as much as would come out of a zit, but one doesn't normally like to see any at all. Anyone else not have the amazing experience promised? Is it cancer, or do I just need to do it again? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am experiencing some anxiety over this.
Thanks
Eleanor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sorry to be icky, colonic question...
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 08, 2006 08:57PM

Personally, colonics freak me out. I could never do one.

But some people love them so - whatever floats your boat I guess.

I think that adequate greens should clear out your system just fine - dark green leafy things, green juices, wheatgrass, microalgae, and seaweeds.

Numerous things could cause bleeding besides cancer, as the walls of the colon are fragile tissues, easily injured.

If you have other reasons to suspect cancer, then it's even more important to incorporate green things in your diet. As cancer is a cell-replication disease, it's important to feed your body the things that promote normal cell replication, i.e. vegetables. This is because the 3 essential elements for normal cell replication are a sugar, a base (amino acid), and a phosphate. Most people get plenty of the first 2 (sugar & protein) but phosphates come from the soil, esp. green leafy vegetables, and of course most people don't eat enough of these, hence the cancer epidemic.

Good luck!

Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: September 09, 2006 10:06AM

Green leafies do everything don't they? Now if only they could clean my house.
=)
Eleanor

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2006 07:36AM

hi eleanor, often you can feel gassy afer a colonic if your small intestine was full of gas during the session - it can come through later. being tired is ok - you just need to rest while your body goes internal & does some healing. a little blood is quite common - it could be something that was stuck to the colon wall & got pulled away, a polyp or pile that got nudged, or something you ate that scratched your insides. as long as it's bright red & not dark, it's probably ok.. x

Posted by: jojiarun ()
Date: March 01, 2007 04:30PM

I did a series of 3, one per day, a while ago and felt great. I went back later and had just one session, and felt similar to the way you described. Having just the one seemed to make me feel bloated and gassy, whereas the series really flushed things out and seemed to make a huge difference in the way I looked and felt. i dont know, jury is out on this one. All of our bodies are different, so go with your gut (literally).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables