Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Colloidal Silver
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2011 04:43PM

I just read that it's a good cure for pink eye and that's something kids seem to get now and then from school. I never like using anti-biotic drops and ointments from the drug store for things like eye and ear infections, I do it but I wonder about sticking such powerful drugs in such sensitive areas. I'd rather use something more natural of course.
Anyone have any experience with colloidal silver, certain brands or even making it on their own? How do you know you're getting the right stuff and not just expensive water with a fancy label?

Here's the article I was reading...
[www.hfnn.ca]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colloidal Silver
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 15, 2011 05:40PM

The colloidal silver I have is from Utopia Silver Mines, in Texas. It is true colloidal silver, not the dilute form that one gets at the health food store. When I first started buying health food store silver(colloidal or hydrosol) it was for a horrendous sinus infection with a side order of pink eye in 2004. I was really hoping to be able to put the health food store colloidal silver in my eye and have done with it, but the website of the manufacturer said not to put it in the eyes. Up the nose, OK, but not eyes. I took it as a sinus spray and internally for a couple of days, took nothing for the pink eye, and was toally well in a few days.

True colloidal silver might be a different story, however. Here's a link to a discusssion at mothering.com where one of the posts mentions Dr. Balch's recommendations(I can't seem to access any site of his):

[www.mothering.com]

Date: January 15, 2011 06:46PM

Looks like they are under fire from the FDA too.
[www.naturalnews.com]
Guess I should look into making my own if I want to be sure I can always get it... anyone got info on a good set up for that? I found this but who knows...
[www.thesilveredge.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 06:51PM by coco.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 15, 2011 10:54PM

Does anyone remember that guy who turned blue or purple from it a few years back? I think they put him on "Oprah." Fascinating but I wonder if he took too much? I cannot recall the specifics on what happened.

Date: January 16, 2011 12:27AM

coco,

No harm done, apparently; Utopia Silver is still up and running.

Date: January 16, 2011 12:38AM

For now...

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 16, 2011 02:30PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone remember that guy who turned blue or
> purple from it a few years back? I think they put
> him on "Oprah." Fascinating but I wonder if he
> took too much? I cannot recall the specifics on
> what happened.

Yup, I remember that guy...strange story.

[www.foxnews.com]

I have used Colloidal Silver for a bit, but I can't really say if I reaped any benefits from it or not...

We have a Silver Pulsar unit that we purchased around 10 yr. ago; it is different than the model that comes up if you google it now.

Anyway, we made our own using distilled water. I think we may start doing it again, just as preventive maintenance.

Seems that everyone who uses it (silver) raves about the benefits they experience from it.

Date: January 16, 2011 02:56PM

What the heck am I looking at here?

[www.sotainstruments.com]

this one makes colloidal silver and you wear it?
[www.toolsforhealing.com]

ack, too much information! how can i even know what i'm ordering here? i want a colloidal silver maker of my own but whoa overwhelming...

Date: January 16, 2011 03:51PM

coco, focus!

The Silver Edge is the one my local hfs recommended, and what has been recommended by other natural health/moms sites I've been to. I don't use bucketsfull of colloidal silver, so the smaller amounts sold from the mine suit my basic needs at a reasonable cost, IMO.

Date: January 16, 2011 04:05PM

I read this
[www.toolsforhealing.com]
and just thought, Oh My Gosh! Now I want to get all these devices to use at once to make sure I rid myself of all potential parasites etc... it's overwhelming to think we are crawling with internal buggies and wormies and the like, gah!

I am the sort of person who gets caught up in going all out sometimes. I probably don't need all those gadgets but how can I know for certain? I've gotten caught up in the hype!

Date: January 16, 2011 04:16PM

coconuts,

Do you even know that you have life-threatening parasites, darling?

Date: January 16, 2011 04:43PM

Apparently we are all rife with them and that's why I get indigestion, headaches, lethargy, exema etc etc etc. tongue sticking out smiley
I was never really all that concerned before, honestly. Even after my sister had her bout with the dreaded worm I still wasn't that paranoid. I don't know why this is striking a chord with me now. Possibly because I can potentially do something about it when it was far out of reach in the past.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 16, 2011 06:57PM

coco i wouldnt read to much into the parasite theory that they cause all these symptoms, its extremely overblown much like the acid/alkaline, candida overgrowth etc, all these sites attribute ailments which are not even caused by any of these illnesses.

those with low stomach acid, low levels of good flora are likely to pick up some intestinal parasites due to those two being our defenses against food borne pathogens.

I was hung up for years that my health was first caused by candida overgrowth, then i moved to parasites etc. One common factor was these bogus sites attributing every health problem i had under the sun to these conditions. Indigestion is caused by low stomach acid, eczema caused part adrenal dysfunction and part mild liver stagnation/toxicity.

Date: January 16, 2011 07:39PM

I've got 8 more days of modifilian, then it's on to the ashwagandha and milk thistle, after that a round of silica and yellow dock. I've finally got a good blender so we started with a smoothie this morning and will keep on with that adding powdered greens for extra nutritional support and cleansing. And a dehydrator is coming over with my mom soon so we'll get some healthier snacks happening for the kiddies. Kale and veggies chips and dried fruit and such. That will help us increase raw, it's always harder in the winter time to be high raw. I haven't made fermented pickles for a while either, I miss those a lot.
I don't know if it's being back in the city after so many years in small towns and the country side but I am feeling like garbage lately. Very tired, lots of headaches, sluggish digestion. I got a cold sore for the first time in my life a couple of weeks ago too, yuck yuck yuck. It might help if I could consistently get more and deeper sleep but tell that to my noisy, inconsiderate drunken neighbour sad smiley. I took aspirin and a nap today and still my head is painful. Neighbours, not something I particularly missed.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 16, 2011 10:07PM

Im glad my neighbor is a quiet single police woman, who is super friendly and nice... Ive had some horrible neighbors before,lol. (teenage african american girl who blasted really bad rap and hip hop so loud it shook a painting off my wall, she was the worst...lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: January 18, 2011 03:16AM

Colloidal silver is a delicate subject and can be very confusing.
This website is a really great reference to totally understand what you are buying.

[www.purestcolloids.com]

There are different types of 'silver' solutions such as 'Ionic Silver' vs. 'Nanoparticle Silver'.

Ionic Silver is the solution in which you can get the condition known as argyria. Where the ions actually bond with the cells in your skin making you looking 'blue'. Colloidal silver received a bad rap because the gentleman on Oprah was using a homemade silver generator which makes an "Ionic Silver" solution. From my understanding, ALL home generators make 'Ionic Silver'. I could be wrong.

Purestcolloids sells a product named "MesoSilver" that I've tried. They have a great comparison sheet on the different types of silver solutions on the market.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:10AM

Thank you so much! Best to order it then, no problem there so long as it stays available...

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 18, 2011 02:17PM

From what ive read most of the cases of argyria were attributed to silver salts rather than colloidal silver and it was bad press as usual making it out to be colloidal silver, saying that there are better herbs than colloidal silver in my opinion, chaparral, andrographis etc.

Date: January 18, 2011 03:57PM

Can't put them into the kid's eyes and ears though...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 18, 2011 04:01PM

Argyria always freaked me out. Isn't that what happens when you have large amounts of silver in your skin when exposed to light? Its kind of light taking a photograph with your skin. I have heard the only way to get rid of it is to file away the outer layer of skin.

Date: January 18, 2011 11:19PM

. . . or you could let your lymphatic system rid you of it . . .

Date: January 20, 2011 05:58PM

Will the lymphatic system be effective on that? I thought once you had Argyria it was permanent, kind of like a tattoo. But those actually kind of fade over

Date: January 20, 2011 08:43PM

Tell that to my tramp stamp please tongue sticking out smiley

Date: January 20, 2011 09:53PM

I would not recommend filing anything off one's skin, including a tatoo smiling smiley

Date: January 20, 2011 10:40PM

I've been looking into having it removed via laser, the technology has come a long way. Cost about 4 times as much as putting the stupid thing on though... Good thing it's in a place I can't see it at least.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 21, 2011 12:51AM

coco...

Do some research on living clay (calcium bentonite) & tat removal. I know I have heard Perry A talk about this before...It would be worth a try.

"Good thing it's in a place I can't see it at least." LOL - I'm not going to say what I am thinking... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 12:51AM by juicerkatz.

Date: January 21, 2011 01:12AM

Hush yo mouth mister! winking smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 21, 2011 01:14AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 21, 2011 02:36PM

I have wondered about getting a tattoo. However, I feel like I am constantly changing, so I could never committ to something that long lasting. I guess its all for the best. A lot of people I have met with tattoos seem so jazzed about it when they first get them, but only later to wish it wasn't there. Sometimes it takes years for them to feel differently about them.

So henna tats seem like the best option for me, as they last for a few weeks. Then it can be redone another way later, or as it was before. but I suppose each time its going to be different.

Date: January 21, 2011 03:38PM

I read this:

Hush yo mouth mister!

as,

"Hush youth minister!"

and thought, whoa, time to leave the thread, LOL!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables