Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FDA Outlawing Injectable Vitamin C
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:53PM

I know some of us don't use supplements, but there are probably health conditions where this could be useful.

[www.naturalnews.com]

(Notice I didn't include "to further destroy health of Americans" as per article, because I'm trying to 'tone down the rhetoric') smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 03:54PM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FDA Outlawing Injectable Vitamin C
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2011 04:15PM

Ha-Ha, KidRaw, Mike Adams has the freak-out for you smiling smiley

I found this very disturbing, with my interest in alternative cancer therapies and because I know of medical doctors who use this therapy successfully and with the full consent of their hospitals, clinics, etc. So this would be a huge setback, if it were true.

Oddly, there is no information backing this up at the FDA's site, or, for that matter, any other site--they all quote this HealthRanger newsletter. For this to be true and accurate, there has to be some sort of evidence for it somewhere else. And please understand, I have no doubt that the FDA will eventually be targeting IV C because of its efficacy; presently, the FDA cannot legally do so. So it looks like, for now, this "FDA bans injectable Vitamin C" thing is one of those dreaded false memes, gaaaaasp! In the library with a crowbar!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 16, 2011 07:23PM

For me, this was enough evidence to send out the call for action, and to remain vigilant -

"As reported by the Alliance for Natural Health, the FDA has notified a manufacturer of injectable vitamin C that it will be criminally prosecuted if it continues to manufacture this lifesaving nutritional therapy. (http://www.anh-usa.org/action-alert...)

The Alliance for Natural Health has posted an online action item that sends a letter to Dr Margaret Hamburg, the commissioner of the FDA:
[secure3.convio.net]

The Natural Solutions Foundation has also posted an action item, this one going out to various FDA and government officials:
[salsa.democracyinaction.org]...

The FDA is already banning these substances --

[www.anh-usa.org]

"The FDA has just notified one pharmacy that it will no longer be allowed to manufacture or distribute injectable vitamin C"

"With this pharmacy, the FDA also banned injectable magnesium chloride and injectable vitamin B-complex 100. These two substances are routinely added to intravenous C to make the “Myers Cocktail,” used especially for conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, and infectious diseases such as hepatitis, AIDS, mononucleosis, and flu. The FDA is not going after the Myers Cocktail directly, but is rather attacking each individual substance used to make the cocktail, and may conceivably be going after injectable vitamins and minerals in general, despite such injections being given under the care of a qualified physician."

And here's an Update with Clarification --

[www.anh-usa.org]

Anecdote on use of Vit C Injections --

[articles.mercola.com]

Date: January 16, 2011 11:06PM

Thanks, I appreciate that you are keeping us updated; the clarification shows apparent serious overreach by the FDA, but a cautious kind. I read the FD & C a while back, and am alarmed that the FDA is arbitrarily describing intravenous Vitamin C as a "new drug," apparently in violation of their own definition of the term. Unless this is semantic posturing. I fervently hope McGuff Pharmaceuticals has a team of smart New York lawyers to consult.

Or maybe the best thing would be for IV C to go through all that darn testing. The problem with that is it runs the risk of the sort of unethical corruption of protocols that occurred with the testing of now infamous Laetrile. [sigh]

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 17, 2011 09:40PM

Creative people, I would have never thought of injecting vitamin c. I hope that it works without harm.

Date: January 17, 2011 11:33PM

Mislu,

Intravenous C is not the same as oral ascorbic acid; it's modified to be infusable through veins. It is one of the most comprehensive therapies for everything form atherosclerosis to late stage cancers. So it stand to reason that the FDA is approaching it as an enemy combatant.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 18, 2011 03:01PM

tamukha,
Interesting indeed. I usually think that they object to something that is harmful or not proven. So, you really think that the FDA is only looking to keep doctors busy? A sort of negative extension of medicine?

Date: January 18, 2011 11:18PM

Oh, my dear Mislu, no, no no. The FDA are the Gatekeepers of Nothing. Consider the number of drugs fast tracked for FDA approval based solely upon manufacturer testing that have since suffered approval rescinding. I have long since stopped wondering whom they work for; whoever it is, it isn't us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables