Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is this the end of organic food?
Posted by: Nick_TN ()
Date: February 01, 2011 07:08PM

I've read some depressing articles lately about Monsanto dropping the ban on GMO alfalfa, etc., and I'm not sure what to make of it. Right now there seem to be several good sources of organic foods available. Do you think this will change in the near future, or later on, or maybe not much at all?

Some people say they're going to plant a garden. I've never had my own garden, or done too well at growing one, but this may be a good time to learn. If I had the choice I'd buy my own foods.

What would happen if I ate GMO non organic foods? How bad is that stuff?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this the end of organic food?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 01, 2011 08:08PM

Why would you even want to?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 01, 2011 08:18PM

Because you don't have a choice and can't afford anything else.

You just do the best you can, fresh and raw food is still the best, healthiest option even if it's not organic or even GMO free. Stress is a bigger killer than anything else friend. Just focus on all the good you Are doing for yourself and don't stress out and worry about the rest.

Date: February 02, 2011 01:49PM

Hi,

I recently gave up all vitamins, minerals, hormones, and other supplements I was taking, in favor of organic herbs and organic foods. I'm feeling more balanced, and it seemed like such a great idea, and then I hear the bad news that the US Gov't seems to have "signed a deal with the devil". I thought I'd be safer with organic foods than supplements, because they've threatened to take supps away for years, and as soon as I gave them up, they threaten to make organic food obsolete.

I can't believe the Gov't would do that to us. I don't think I'm going to believe in lawmakers any more. This has hit me harder than anything else so far. I could see past the bailouts and other things I disagreed with, but this hits my personal life in a much more direct way.
If I ever vote again, it will be for neither Democrat or Republican, and maybe not at all. I'm starting to feel like it's "the citizens vs the US Gov't", like the Gov't are not our friends at all, but more like enemies.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2011 02:17PM

The best thing you can do is take those thoughts and write them down to send to your local elected officials, the president, the local newspaper, friends and relatives. Start a little community action where you live to protect organic food and natural living, get involved with like minded people in your area and on the internet, learn how to grow your own (you can do this with even a small amount of space, even indoors!) and do something positive towards what is important to you!

Date: February 02, 2011 04:31PM

I will do that. I have to call stores back to see if they'll try to help me get signatures to help Millions Against Monsanto.

I do have room to grow things here in TN. My lot is about 55 x 110'. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 02, 2011 04:46PM

Warning: what follows is sorta politicky:

Agree with coco. We private citizens don't have a lobby that can counteract the lobbies that have more influence over legislation. I think it's a misundertanding, and one very convenient to the needs of other forces, to feel our government is our enemy--WE are our government. No, rather the problem is special interests that are manipulating government away from the good of private citizens. So we have to use whatever power we have to pull government back in our direction: many of our representatives still feel beholden to their constituents; keep in touch and let them know your wishes, and that you will not support the poisoning of our foods and the destruction of choice through artificial mechanisms of favoritism.

If they know that we will vote and shop our health interests and our life philosophy, it will remind them whom they actually serve and in whose interest they must act. The worst thing is to give up. I personally am not going to relinquish my country's governance to Monsanto or Pfizer or whatever. Please believe that there will come a point of critical mass when the way things are presently will not work for the majority of us and changes will occur for the better. But only if we are committed to this.

Listen to me, I sound like a revolutionary! [blushes]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 04:47PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 02, 2011 05:01PM

Birds of a feather ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 02, 2011 11:36PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
We private citizens don't have a
> lobby that can counteract the lobbies that have
> more influence over legislation. No, rather the
> problem is special interests that are manipulating
> government away from the good of private citizens.

Yes, the Lobbyists are responsible for much of the legislation in the Food Safety Act and in the Healthcare Bill --

[washingtonexaminer.com]

Date: February 04, 2011 08:21PM

Another example of Lobbyists/Special Interests "manipulating government away from the good of private citizens" --

ABC: Dem Staffer Summoned Lobbyists, Special Interests to Fight Budget Cuts

[washingtonexaminer.com]

Lawmakers Rally Lobbyists in 'Call To Arms' For Upcoming Spending Fight

[abcnews.go.com]

Date: February 24, 2011 07:18PM

Special Interests/Lobbyists are proliferating -

[www.politico.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables