Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gallbladder - For anyone who has dealt with this
Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: February 12, 2011 11:58PM

Hi everyone!

Haven't posted in a long while.

I was hoping someone could help. I have been having pain in my right upper quadrant for 4 months straight (non stop) sometimes worse, sometimes better but still non stop.

After many test the docs have come to the conclusion that it's my gallbladder. After 2 ultrasounds and a Cat-Scan there shows NO stones, but the Hida scan came back as 32% (Normal is 35% and above).

Anyway, as is not surprising they want to take my gallbladder out and I am not wanting to do the surgery. Btw, I have never had one of those gb "attacks" I hear horror stories of. Just constant pain under my rib that sometimes radiates to my back and down my flank. All my organs come out healthy in the tests.

I have been off raw foods for a while (only about 40- 50% now) but felt great while on it.

My question is, has anyone healed themselves from gallbladder disease? If so how? I cannot eat nuts of any sorts because that just kills me. But if anyone has any experience with this I would very much appreciate your advice. I know the body can heal itself, but I have read that with gallbladder issues it's harder.

Thanks in Advance!!
Nathalie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gallbladder - For anyone who has dealt with this
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 13, 2011 11:24AM

Bitter herbs on the back of the tongue can increase bile flow and provide a flushing action to the liver. I also had the pain in the upper right quadrant like you had. Bitter and liver support herbs which mostly all have bitter properties were what helped.

Although there not advised if you have gallstones or gallbladder problems at times.

Posted by: Natsroses ()
Date: February 13, 2011 11:33AM

Thanks Powerlifer,

I'm taking Choline (a bitter) and AF Betafood with every meal.

Can I ask how long you had the pain for and how long after taking the bitters did you feel any better?

Also, I'll be moving to Belgium soon and was checking out your website. Do you ship over there?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 13, 2011 04:30PM

Hey Nathalie, i sure do ship over theresmiling smiley.

Just make sure it comes in contact with the back of your tongue as thats where the bitter receptors are located. You could try Lecithin granules you'll get these in most health stores too. Aswell as any of the liver support herbs on my site are good.

I had it for about 2-3 years, it would be so tender at times also. Ive been pain free for an equal amount of time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables