Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Biebster Weighs In on Healthcare?!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 16, 2011 06:10PM

Who knew this teenybopper Cannuck was so savvy about American political issues!
[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Biebster Weighs In on Healthcare?!
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:33PM

These guys should just stick to singing/whatever & keep their political thoughts to themselves...same with athletes/actors, etc...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2011 10:54PM

He's just saying what most of Canada thinks about your healthcare. If they're gonna ask him...

Date: February 16, 2011 11:02PM

I like this kid more and more each day! Don't know much about his music but then I am not 11smiling smiley

JK: He didn't pontificate; he was asked a question. Some people feel that entertainers and athletes shouldn't weigh in on political issues but why not? They are human beings, too! And in this particular case, I find it interesting that he was able to compare Canadian healthcare to the American variety when there is propaganda here trying to convince us that England and Canada really isn't that hot and America is pretty good. LOL. Well, unless a person is loaded and/or has kick-ass benefits (at least for todaywinking smiley). Then I guess it's all for themsmiling smiley

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:24PM

Celebrity Worshipers. The Cult of Celebrity. Pop Culture President (that's working out well)

Date: February 17, 2011 12:24AM

So Justin Beiber says:

"We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home.""

He says ""We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him," Wow, he seems to think he's getting 'free' healthcare and he doesn't pay for it no-way, no-how!

I remember when I was in school and there was five classes for each grade - the smartest to the dumbest. Funny how the artistic, creative kids were all in the dumbest class

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:47AM

"You guys are evil," he told the magazine, out on February 18th. "Canada's the best country in the world."

Yes, I'm taking it out of context (I read the entire article) but - hm interesting statement. I'm going to blame it on his immaturity.

I'm extremely happy his opinion is not fabricated by a vested interest, but does he not understand that he makes a living touring around the United States singing his songs? He is - what he is, because of the 'evil' country who doesn't have parallel political ideologies with Canada.

Just sayin, the US has its problems and such, but I'm a pretty damn proud American Mr. Bieber.

Date: February 17, 2011 12:56AM

"He is what he is" because of America? Whoa. Unless what he IS is money, I don't think so. He is a person first, an artist and a Canadian second, and wealthy because of it last. Dead last.
BTW he has an awful lot of fans right here at home, the tweens and teens are crazy for him here. He'd be rich enough if he never left this country.

Let's not get into an us and them kind of arguement here, I just found that statement a little heavy handed.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 17, 2011 01:18AM

Heavy handed? please explain.

"He is what he is" - his financial prosperity and musician stardom was heavily influenced by US pop-culture. I'm sure he has fans at home - I'm not denying it.

I'm not arguing with anyone coco. I'm giving my opinion much like Bieber.

Date: February 17, 2011 01:20AM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Celebrity Worshipers. The Cult of Celebrity. Pop
> Culture President (that's working out well)
> [www.myemoticons.com]
> ombust.gif
>
> [www.myemoticons.com]
> usicians/singer-1.gif

Um yeah...I worship at the altar of the Biebster...

Date: February 17, 2011 01:28AM

@Kid Raw--Usually I find you amusing but I think that was quite rude of you, regarding that crack about the "dumbest" kids being the artistic ones. I have studied special education and worked as a teacher assistant in a SPED class. The "dumb" kids you speak of probably struggled with dyslexia, which is a mild learning disability and NOT indicative of IQ! You need to broaden your scope a tad, as well as develop more compassion, 'mkay?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 01:31AM by banana who.

Date: February 17, 2011 01:34AM

Saying America is evil is an impersonal statement, obviously. I am glad that someone as young as he is aware of the glaring problems in this area. And the language he used is spot on and sorry if it "offends" some of them "real" Amurikins!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 01:35AM by banana who.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 17, 2011 01:37AM

It's interesting to me that this kid, even with his navel-gazing lifestyle, understands that a society functions only as well as each citizen's sense of responsibility for their fellow citizen.

I am really wondering where you got your education, KidRaw, as every creative kid I knew growing up, including me, was considered very smart, because, well, we were. Dumb people don't innovate or create things, LOL. But where I'm from, there's something in the water, you know, and we didn't have experimental schools where there was "tracking" or whatever. I'm guessing we creative kids would still have been top of the class in such a system, but who knows . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 01:48AM by Tamukha.

Date: February 17, 2011 01:54AM

People's brains are wired differently. I write with my left hand and do most other things with the right. I still (age 45) get right and left mixed up! When I was a kid? Forget it! I just guessed. I didn't know east from west, etc. It all clicked in when I was an adult but I still have to think about it. I probably have ADD, too. And? I know I am intelligent but I went to a school with scary smart people and it was difficult for me. I got terrible grades in high school, yet was one of the brains in elementary. I got tracked into higher level classes when I entered highschool because of achievement tests; not for grades. I know someone without much formal education and never would I call her dumb. She isn't even intellectual, either (she doesn't seem to care about reading and learning) but still...I also know people who are very smart yet not intellectual. They don't pick up books and don't seem to care about much except sports. It's just not fair to judge a person's intellect based upon external factors.

Date: February 17, 2011 01:58AM

I meant it was a heavy handed thing to say that he is what he is because of America. He has some more money because of some American fans, what he has is very different from what he IS and American teenagers are very different from the American political/healthcare system.
And I meant let's not argue as in I hope this doesn't deteriorate into an us against them discussion. I don't associate with what my government does and if I make comments about what the American government does it is not meant to encompass all Americans either.

I am one of those creative artistic types and I did very poorly in school. Not because I was stupid, I actually had quite a high IQ, it was because I was bored. This is common with creative, intelligent types. Creativity is often associated with a high level of intelligence.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 17, 2011 02:06AM

I was lumped into the "dumb kids class" inspite of having tested at 6 years old of having an IQ of 131, I was also one of those artistic kids... I was getting first place ribbons and best of shows be4 I was a teenager for my paintings and photos, and once my parents pushing got me out of the "dumb kids class" into a charter school where I had more attentive teachers and was able to do things my own way, I got Perfect grades till graduation with a curriculum more advanced than any public school in this country... (I also had dyslexia, which I received training to remove the effects of, and ADHD, which I still have.)

Your statements where very offensive to me on this subject.

It also brings to mind that old Albert Einstein quote.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

and

“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: February 17, 2011 02:19AM

LOL

The point I was making is that some people think that whatever a celebrity says is gospel because they think celebrities are much more brilliant and smarter than the rest of us folk, but I wouldn't be surprised if artistic people have a lower IQ than say professionals. Not that a high IQ means you're 'smarter' than someone with a lower IQ, only in some ways. This celebrity kid just sounded really stupid saying healthcare is free because when you go to the doctor, you don't pay for it right there and then.

That someone would think this kid is brilliant because of what he said about healthcare, that's the depth of our celebrity worship.

Date: February 17, 2011 02:21AM

haha, now we all have to tell each other how smart we all are smiling smiley

Date: February 17, 2011 02:30AM

Well, I'm not going to tell anyone how smart they are. That isn't my job on this earth and I am not a reliable source for judging anyone's intelligence over the internet (besides Tam, it's obvious that she's stunningly brilliant). But I will say that I was not a stupid child and that I was certainly brighter than most of my non-creative classmates. This may be due to the fact that I come from a pops whose IQ is off the charts but it might also be because we didn't have a TV most of the time when I was growing up so I was forced to actually THINK.

Date: February 17, 2011 02:40AM

Kidraw, I am sorry you seem to have missed the entire point of everything I said, I give up.

Good luck to you, I hope you have a happy life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 17, 2011 02:41AM

I'm probably dumber than most of you on here...

Date: February 17, 2011 02:46AM

Well, I said I wasn't going to judge but in this case I feel pretty confidant judging that as hooey. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 17, 2011 02:50AM

Actually I'm more "crazy" than dumb, I think...I was really just looking for an excuse to use these emoticons I just found!

Date: February 17, 2011 02:50AM

You loon...

Date: February 17, 2011 03:04AM

Hey, I was first with the cool emoticons!

Date: February 17, 2011 03:17AM

Curator, I'm sorry if I offended you. Sometimes a person has to be politically incorrect to get their point across, and then sometime a person crosses a line and regrets that anyone felt bad.

Do you mind if I ask you if you were ever given any Ritilan or drugs in school for your ADHD, like they're doing these days. I think ADHD and ADD have been way overblown and exploited by the psychiatric industry.

It sounds like you have some talent that you haven't discovered yet, that hasn't manifested so far.

Date: February 17, 2011 05:57AM

Thankyou, I appreciate the apology, its not about the political incorrectness to me, its just, So many kids like me who weren't as lucky to have a mom fight for them like mine did, end up lost in our education system, kids who could have turned out twice as smart or useful to society as I will ever be, or even worse, how many of our potential future innovators have we lost because nobody took the time to help them when they where young? they often end up in those dumb kid classes till they either drop out, or worse... With my experience being what it was, I am very passionate about changing the education system in a way so it wont be so cookie cutter, not everyone processes information in the same way, so otherwise intelligent kids, fail at school, because the system tries to force everyone to process info the same way, and if you cant, you're screwed for life in most cases...

ADHD/ADD isn't overblown, over diagnosed definitely, the perception is off too... I was given meds, they "worked" perfectly for what they wanted them to do... but I hated how it made me feel, so I secretly went off the meds, concentrated on turning the weaknesses within my disorder into strengths, and they really have become strengths...

The fact that all stimulants calm me down, caffeine, sugar free chocolate, Amphetamines, like what they use to treat ADHD, they all calm me down I can drink a whole pot of coffee with no problem but an unhappy stomach,lol... sugars on the other hand drive me up the wall, even small amounts... natural raw sugar sources dont have as strong of an effect on me luckily, but they still really pump me up, then I crash (If i dont eat some protein with them.) the caffeine thing is the most reliable physiological diagnostic tool for ADHD, although there is obviously a lot more than just that which should be used when a Doctors makes a diagnosis, the problem is most Doctors just look at a kid who is hyper, and cant concentrate, and say ADHD!!! and they prescribe those horrible meds, and then forget about the kid...the diagnostic process really is a joke.

btw, can anyone tell I just fell off the wagon and ate a cupcake the neighbor girl made for me?... cause I did, and I am on the sugar high from hell, hahaha...confused smiley I feel sick... I dont care how cute she is, no more cupcakes for meconfused smiley bleck

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 17, 2011 01:15PM

Curator [www.youtube.com]

they are rough videos and there are several of them but it's worth watching as much as you can. Absolutely shocking, the deliberate dumbing down of the school system.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 17, 2011 04:02PM

I would just like to say that:

--no one on here is "dumb" and everyone seems creative in one way or another
--no one thinks Bieber is "brilliant" because of his views on healthcare; merely that he's noticed something important and good for him
--what is the deal with the emoticons that look like anthropomorphized grapefruits?! I had nightmares about them last night, seriously!

Date: February 17, 2011 06:44PM

Here Tam,

I'll get rid of them for you...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables