Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

More evidence its all about the money:/
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 23, 2011 10:12PM

[networkedblogs.com]
Yup, confirmation that our governments issues with medical marijuana are all about money...Blatant confirmation...its like they are blowing raspberries at ustongue sticking out smiley

In other news, the interview with the IHHS worker seemed to go well today, she seemed really moved by my moms condition and has said she is going to try and help fast track things... *fingers crossed*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More evidence its all about the money:/
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2011 10:49PM

This might not be so terrible. If it's classed the same as other prescription drugs you shouldn't have (unless you have a prescription) then you'd get the same slap on the wrist as those busted with someone else's valium or oxycontin, right?

Personally I wish people would stop smoking that crap, it makes you stupid.

Date: February 24, 2011 12:20AM

its not terrible, its just hypocritical for them to say marijuana has no medicinal value in spite of all the studies to the contrary, then say that the pharmaceutical version is ok... which is proven to not be nearly as effective... it seems to all be about money...

Also, although smoking it isnt good for a person for multiple reasons, its often far better for a person who genuinely needs it than the alternatives to marijuana, many use edibles in place of smoking as well, although they do not give immediate relief such as smoking does...

Also, studies have shown only a temporary reduction in IQ from HEAVY marijuana use, which within a few years of quitting went back to previous levels, which is far less severe of a symptom than any other drug used to treat similar disorders happens to have... even for something minor like anxiety disorder, im sure we are all very familiar here with the negative effects of the chemicals normally used to treat such conditions... plus recovery when stopping those meds can take years, years spent with debilitating anxiety worse than be4 you started taking them as they destroy the brains ability to calm itself, and the brain can take a long time to heal that...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2011 01:43AM

Curator,

Hoping for the best regarding your mom's thing--hugs smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2011 02:59AM

thanks, its seem to be looking pretty good right now, the lady actually just called us back (AFTER HOURS?!!!!) to let my mom know that it looks like it will go through, AND that she found out that my mom has been ok'ed for medi-cal!!! when they had previously told her she was denied, apparently there was a change somehow? and they forgot to tell us?...i dunno, however it happened, its pretty freaking awesomegrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 24, 2011 04:31AM

That is awesome! Really good to hear that.

I agree that the cash grab is blatant but it's hardly surprising.
I am no friend to casual pot use. After living in BC I just can't abide by the common thought that it isn't addictive (habit forming is just the same in my book) and the way people think it's ok to just do anywhere they please is ridiculous.
I don't think stoners are doing anyone any favours by aligning with the cause of medical mj either. Two separate issues that don't compliment each other well at all.
And there is always vaporizing it, I'm out of touch but doesn't that eliminate the carcinogenic smoke inhalation issue?

Date: February 24, 2011 06:40AM

yes, vaporizers do, good ones, which are expensive,lol... its not chemically addictive, but is mentally addictive, in fact, its been measured to have about the same addictive properties as the average favorite hobby, anything enjoyable has a level of mental addiction, with pot, it becomes harmful when that mental addiction leads to smoking, and spending way to much of ones hard earned cash on a recreational substance...

And for the record, I am against recreational use, but I also believe that as long as much more harmful substances are legal, such as alcohol, cigarettes, super processed foods,soda... then it should be legal too, the pharmaceutical industry just doesn't want it to be cause they would stand to lose a lot of money, as would their friends in organized crime...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 24, 2011 03:22PM

That fake pot Hanna Montana got youtube smoking is legal but man, that's been shown to be worse for you than the real thing!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:57PM

That was salvia she was found to be smoking, papers made out that it was pot substitute, salvia is up there with the most potent pyschedelics and is certainly no pot substitute.

Its most likely the same issue as with herbs etc, they cant patent a single herb but they can isolate various compounds which are then able to be patented. Nature is a wonderful thing and isolating compounds is where many of the side effects are created.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 24, 2011 11:11PM

Pretty much what Powerlifer just said, And yes Pot substitutes are often made from wild lettuce and other crap which is mildly poisonous, very dangerous to smoke, but she smoked salvia, which although im sure is probably not good for a person, I dont think any psychedelic substance is, they have not been able to show any harm to the brain yet...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 25, 2011 12:44AM

I read different after her youtube got out there. I can't remember where or what, only that I thought it was a good source and the research showed that it in fact was very unhealthy. Where was that again.... darn it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 25, 2011 01:39AM

A world without Miley . . . hmmmmmmm . . . .

Date: February 25, 2011 03:12AM

there are many who believe its unhealthy, but unless a new study has come out in the last year or two, theres been nothing to prove its harmful, I think it probably is though... although what evidence there is shows its probably less harmful than any other similar substances...

A world without miley would be sad, cause she is just a normal kid trying to deal with a bunch of crazy crap and manipulation from corporations making a bundle off her, then people act like she is evil when she acts like a normal kid... I feel bad for her...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: February 25, 2011 05:41AM

respect pot and you will have a great time.medicine is medicine.do not abuse your meds.simple.i love smoking pot but respect the plant.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: February 25, 2011 06:12AM

i'm a shaman(in training) salvia is something you don't want to play with. heavy @#$%& all plants have a spirit salvia is only for advanced people.not for average young person.they have no clue.

Date: February 25, 2011 12:55PM

Salvia is not recreational i agree kratom, it is a plant that should be treated with alot of respect much like mushrooms, cacti, dmt etc. Theres nothing to suggest salvia is harmful to this current date but from what i know there is not alot of research.

I also agree most of the people that have problems with marijuana tend to have abused it i.e massive daily smokers from morning till night and now get panic attacks etc. The same could be applied to anything abuse high fat foods you get health problems, alcohol - liver problems etc.

Agree curator about miley and the pot substitutes, not only that these days there often made with synthetic cannabinoids such as jwh-018.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 01:03PM by powerlifer.

Date: February 25, 2011 02:40PM

Personally I don't hold with taking any sort of medicine if you aren't sick. Smoking recreationally and calling it medicine sounds like a cop out for getting high to me. I've known enough smokers who used the spiritual aspect of it to justify their addiction (habit, whatever, same diff). If you can't comfortably and effortlessly go without it, it owns you and not the other way around. No offense, everyone is welcome to do whatever the like, I just call things what they are instead of dressing them up in fancy costumes winking smiley.

And hey, that salvia, if it's making huge changes in brain chemistry even temporarily, that in my mind is damage. The brain is your on board computer, you shouldn't screw with it.

Date: February 25, 2011 03:17PM

Salvia is a funny one as from what i know it doesnt actually effect any of the normal neurotransmitter sites such as other hallucinogens do and is something you really couldnt abuse in anyway due to the strength and nature of the high. Not that its enjoyable anyway, a hippy shop sold me it as a teenager and said ohh this is a great legal pot substitute being an uneducated kid with no internet access at that time, i load up a pipe and get blasted to another dimension.

It was also 50x strength she sold me too, what a crazy immoral old woman lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 03:17PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 25, 2011 05:58PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think stoners are doing anyone any favours
> by aligning with the cause of medical mj either.
> Two separate issues that don't compliment each
> other well at all.

i dont think they align well with the hemp-legalization movement either .. to me there is 3 seperate issues here

recreational pot
medicinal pot
hemp

the hemp folks shoud try to distance themselves from the other 2 ..but it all seems lumped together ..

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 25, 2011 06:02PM

The hemp people DO try to distance themselves, believe me! It's hard because the two are related and look alike they are totally different. So sad, hemp is amazing but heavily regulated. It would be great to grow it in a garden for seeds and fiber. Sigh.

ETA the medical marijuana people try to distance themselves from recreational use too! IMO it's the users who mess it up for everyone. Those legitimate issues lend them credence (or so it would seem) so frivolous pot use jumps on the back of medical mj and hemp and tries to catch a cheap ride. Sucky. I have no love for pot, that's for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 06:05PM by coco.

Date: February 25, 2011 06:33PM

I might be going out on a limb here but i see nothing wrong with moderate recreational use myself, i do come from past marijuana use, not that i smoke it anymore or can even if i wanted to as i gave up that lifestyle years back as i led myself into a deep dark hole mainly self medicating due to being chronically ill with no help from doctors and that was a horrible time i wish to never revisit.

But i see no reason why someone legally can indulge in a glass of wine or go out getting hammered at pubs and nightclubs causing all the trouble associated with alcohol but someone wishing to have a little pot in there own home are victimized and criminals. A natural plant which has no recorded deaths where as the former kills millions a year along with tobacco, i have seen the impact that alcohol has on not only health but those around alcoholics. Anyway thats another debate and like the title says its all about the money.

But hemp should be well more utilized again i guess that comes down to money rival oil companies, clothing etc they dont want to see cheaper and more sustainable elements such as hemp. Its much like soya and the dairy and meat industry, direct opponents.

Date: February 25, 2011 06:58PM

That right there is very rare though, it's not the norm in my experience. I have dated more than a couple of boys involved in cultivation and have never met a smoker who could resist doing it the majority of the time. An occasional smoker is rare, it usually becomes a habit quite easily and quickly. I'm sure there are many who could chime in here and say "But I only...." but from what I have seen (and that has been extensive, truth be told) most people who do it do it every day. They get antsy, they "need" it to relax or get creative or sleep or whatever. And it makes people stupid too. And say and do things they never would otherwise. I don't begrudge anyone having a spot of it now and then as I might with a glass of red wine but that's not how I see either of those drugs used generally. Both are abused, both are damaging to health, both are a waste of brain cells.

BTW it's been highly associated with testicular cancer. Look that up. Not so innocent and harmless after all...

Date: February 25, 2011 07:35PM

I agree fully coco many who do use pot end up using it daily because its so easy to incorporate into there lives. I seen the study also but it is pretty vacant, most who use marijuana mix with tobacco for joints and we all know how bad tobacco is as cancer risk. Its an easier substance to incorporate into daily life unlike abusing alcohol most would awake with a hangover which would put them off trying to achieve such a high the following day. With cannabis theres little more than tiredness the next day to stop someone wanting to spark one up upon wakening.

The study i read out of those who did have testicular cancer many of them had tried pot, but id put my money on many who did, hadn't used it pure, in an unsmokeable form such as edibles or had mixed it with tobacco.

Again im not trying to come off as a pro-pot person here as abusing marijuana made me an anxious wreck whether that was because of pot or because i was that sort of person before and it excelled it ill probably never know.

Date: February 25, 2011 11:10PM

well, Powerlifer seems to be making my case for me, lol... I basically second everything he has said, I personally do not even like the way it makes me feel, but its less harmful than any other legal recreational substance, I dont see why they should be legal and it shouldnt be, (processed foods included in this, which are chemically addictive and much more harmful...)

I definitely do not agree with recreational use, but legalizing would have massive benefits, making meds around 10-15% of of their current price for people who really DO need it, all the people who already smoke recreational pot are going to smoke whether its legal or not, but the drug violence would disappear if legalized country wide, because it would be so cheap there would be no money in illegal trade... (projected $40 an oz for good stuff, $80 maximum) that leaves no real profit for the mexican cartels, and we all know american business could easily outgrow, and provide better quality, than mexican cartels ever can, they already do, they just cant produce in large amounts because of the current laws...

People would disappear in my hometown cause they stumbled upon a garden ran by mexican gangs... there is a reason why there is not a bustling profitable illegal tobacco and alcohol trade now, legalization of marijuana would save a lot of lives... and this is coming from somebody who hates marijuana personally,lol.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 25, 2011 11:50PM

Oh, I think it should be legalized as well, and taxed. BC loses billions yearly in lost tax revenue as well as paying out to police and the court system for growing "crimes". It's ridiculous considering the fact that pot actually supports the economy there in an enormous way. I mean, enormous. If they actually did succeed in stopping all the growing and selling in the province they would suffer an economic collapse in a year or two.
Billions every year, think about that. Crazy.

Date: February 26, 2011 04:04AM

yeah, its the same for most of northern california and parts of oregon!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: February 26, 2011 10:40AM

Yeah arnold swarznegger seemed to be going in the right direction i thought, the UK seem to be going in an opposite direction by changing classification of cannabis from class C to a class B and going against the advice of its scientific advisors, that plus another issue a while later led to the sacking of professor Nutt and many followed him in resignation.

Going against scientific advice on the harms of drugs is just wrong, Professor Nutt ended up doing a study on various factors such as harm a few months later and alcohol tops them all in terms of harm to health, problems because of its use etc.

Agree with all your points aswell curator about decriminalizing it, portugal at the moment are having alot of success via this method.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables