Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rheumatoid arthritis: Best fruits & veggies?
Posted by: Einselgaenger ()
Date: September 21, 2006 10:40AM

For rheumatoid arthritis (feet), what are the most useful foods, and which fruit/veggies should be avoided?

Thanks!

Donna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rheumatoid arthritis: Best fruits & veggies?
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: October 15, 2006 03:02PM

I believe that alfalfa in all its forms must be avoided.

Re: Arthrosis/Arthritis: Best fruits & veggies?
Posted by: Einselgaenger ()
Date: October 17, 2006 08:59AM

Thank you for responding, Horsea.

In the meantime, I've been researching and taking certain measures.
(Fortunately, a blood test came back with negative results for rheumatism, so that was good news. Now it's just arthrosis I'm dealing with, as determined from X-rays.)

Three months ago I began taking glucosamine-chondroitin 3 times a day.
I felt little improvement as such, but over the past two weeks I've noticed a definite difference after I began to add fish oil and primrose oil capsules, along with - and I believe this is the most important - an apple vinegar + honey drink 3 times a day. I also have a freshly made vegetable drink daily (e.g., carrots, broccoli, celery, parsley, etc.). In addition, I've dropped all of the deadly nightshade veggies and now just drink decaffeinated tea or herbal/fruit teas. (I don't drink coffee or eat chocolate, meat, dairy products, sugar, and so on.)

Up till a couple of months ago I couldn't walk (or be on my feet in any situation) for more than half an hour without discomfort, especially in the right foot. After 2 hours or more the pain became excruciating and I could scarcely walk.

Late on the Saturday afternoon before last I realised that I'd been on my feet all day (doing things around the house and so on) and hadn't felt any discomfort at all. On this past weekend I was wandering around in town, and only after 4 hours did I feel the beginnings of discomfort. This of course has been very encouraging.

I strongly encourage anyone with arthritis/arthrosis or arthritis-related complaints to read "Curing Arthritis the Drug-free Way" by Margaret Hills. Although she wasn't a raw-fooder as we know them today (she was born in the 1920s), she continually recommended eating mainly raw foods and avoiding dairy products, sugar, caffeine, chocolate, and so forth.

I hope my experience can be of help to someone else.

Donna

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2007 12:35PM

I think taking a probiotic would be of great help. I take HLC. Have you done a liver and bowel cleanse? They say that painful joints are often caused by toxic buildup. Thy tumeric to reduce inflamation.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 22, 2007 04:57AM

Hello, I am a first timer and have been on 75% raw since Dec. because of EBV virus (that is the epstein barr virus) which is only 1. on the blood test; does anybody have this issue to deal with?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables