Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fibroids
Posted by: dns ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:09PM

I probably posted this question in the wrong forum. Sorry.

Any of you ladies dealt with fibroids before? My wife was told by a doctor recently that she had fibroids in her uterus which gave her very heavy bleeding and horrible cramps. She was a few weeks pregnant at the time (we have since lost the baby). In addition, her periods are difficult and very trying emotionally. What exactly are these fibroids and how are they formed and how are they eliminated? Though I have no basis for thinking this, I am convinced that her diet is contributing to this, and a lack of exercise. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fibroids
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 16, 2011 08:07PM

Diet does have a direct effect on this as a lot of the chemicals and hormones they put in food and use as pesticides and GMO stuff and such can mimic estrogen and various other hormones such asconfused smileyoy, non-organic meats, and dairy, carbon chlorines, used in many pesticides; phthalates, widely used in the plastics industry to soften PVC; and dioxin, a byproduct of paper processing and herbicides. to name a few and will throw off the hormone balance which then causes menstrual problems... There is something called the estrogen diet you can google that as well... she should get a hormone test done... i was surprised when i had this done at how imbalanced i was... but in a Man's world I guess I shouldn't be surprised... the feminine side of humans these days is really played down... she should do things to honor her feminine side as well should you... she is lucky to have someone like you to help and support her...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: May 16, 2011 09:51PM

I had fibroids. Fibroids are protein tissue growths of the uterine muscle wall that in the case of your wife are pushing internally into the uterus. At the time, I was not eating real well. The doctors threatened to remove my uterus. I cleaned up my diet: no sugar, no dairy, no soy, no gluten, no animal products. I ate clean vegan and mostly raw. My fibroids disappeared! Got a check up a year later and the medical people were surprised. Exercise was also important, a daily walk is what I did.

Thanks for your support of her and I hope your wife takes the challenge a moment at a time, to heal. My constant message to myself each time I was to eat was: I can eat whatever as long as it followed the above restrictions. So many wonderful fruits and vegetables. Check out recipes. For me now a meal of fruit and leafy green, lot of them, works; like a large meal of ripe pineapple and basil leaves, very thai.

My best to you both.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 16, 2011 11:45PM

Sorry you and your wife are going through this, and my condolences on the loss of your baby. Glad you are getting some good advice here. A doctor suspected that I had fibroids in the past; eating a barely processed vegetarian diet and taking iodine ameliorated the symptoms. I know a medical doctor that has recurring extra-uterine ones due to hormone irregularities. When she eats mostly vegan and consumes a lot of juices, they seem to abate. Here's something that may help; note the foods considered to contribute to this disorder:

[www.acpm.net]

Posted by: dns ()
Date: May 18, 2011 09:08AM

Thanks all. Will pass on this information to her. Unfortunately, right now she is looking for that "miracle" food that will cure this easily. I've tried to explain that it doesn't work that way, that she will have to make some total changes in how she approaches health. We will see how it goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables