Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

thinning hair in men
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:57AM

does anything topical work to regrow hair? i noticed my hair is thinning in the front
i would think im getting all the minerals i need in greens
is it possible to reverse the genetic trait for baldness? my mom's dad is bald so im worried about that. i dont know if that is a myth or not though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: thinning hair in men
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 09, 2011 12:05PM

I have heard that about baldness going through your mothers father. I used to message oil into my partners scalp. I think it made each strand of hair thicker, but I don't know that it actually increased the number of hairs.

He was very worried about that. But I think he still looks great, and he says hes never going to get a tupe. His father had two or three. His daily wear one was held together with a piece of tape. Its kind of funny. When my partner asked about it, his father and mother both said in unison. "Don't ask". He stopped wearing it altogether when he became very sick with cancer. Everyone loved him just as much without his hair piece.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 09, 2011 12:23PM

I take it by at the front you mean the typical receeding hairline?

If so this is caused by a rise in levels of DHT dihydrotestosterone. You can try a DHT blocker such as licorice root. Watch as long term use in high doses can cause high blood pressure. You can use it externally also.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 09, 2011 04:23PM

They say at HHI that wheatgrass will regrow hair in some situations. I will try and find this out for you as I also would need some more hair! lol.

Date: July 09, 2011 06:48PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They say at HHI that wheatgrass will regrow hair
> in some situations. I will try and find this out
> for you as I also would need some more hair! lol.

It really depends on the cause in my opinion. If someone is malnourished wheatgrass can help as its a good source of amino acids and other nutrients. But if the problem is because of elevated DHT then wheatgrass would do very little, same if the cause was hypothyroid etc. Again hypothyroid can have a variety of causes.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: July 10, 2011 02:20PM

saw palmetto supplements are reported to block DHT hormone formation (the main cause of male pattern baldness). But if you want to hedge your bets, get a propecia prescription and buy minoxidil. You probably will never grow back what you have lost (if the follicle is dead it's dead). But you can keep what you have and then decide what works best cosmetically for you. You can cover with products like dermatch or pop for hair replacement surgery. If you do the latter, consider Dominic Brandy MD.

Date: July 11, 2011 12:32PM

Good point from Krefcenz in that if the follicle is dead then it wont grow back sadly.

Minoxidil works by increasing circulation and in turn nutrients to the scalp. The same can be done naturally by massaging your scalp.

Licorice root from what ive read is a stronger DHT blocker than saw palmetto.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: July 12, 2011 12:05AM

is DHT beneficial at all? sounds dangerous to block it

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: July 12, 2011 01:20AM

if there are risks to reducing DHT, I'm not aware of them. I've been on propecia for 12 years without incident. Best decision I've made. I'm sure I'd be as bald as a billard ball without it. DHT is a mixture of cholesterol and testosterone. It makes your prostate enlarge and cause hair follicles on the scalp to age and die. I'm not aware of any risks with blocking it.

Kref

Date: July 12, 2011 03:49PM

As with all hormones they are needed to function normally but excesses and imbalances of hormones can cause a variety of health problems.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: July 18, 2011 06:13AM

interesting about DHT. i think i will try saw palmetto first then.
why do people with hair loss use saw palmetto in combo with nettle root?

Date: July 19, 2011 09:34AM

Nettle root is a mild DHT inhibitor.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables