Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ear Candles
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: October 10, 2011 04:58PM

Hi ... I've done ear candles before... but recently have read some stuff saying that they are not so good... but there are and equal amount of stuff that sys they are good... was thinking about doing them again cause my ear is acting all screwy... sounds like the wind is blowing in my ear... and think maybe cleaning them would be good... anyone have any good information about them... including how many times is acceptable in a day a week etc...

thank you

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ear Candles
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:32AM

Can't help you there. I heard something negative about them, also. What I do is use hydrogen peroxide. Actually I do this when my ears get stopped up but I imagine you could do it as maintenance. An old lady told me about it years ago when I used to buy that stuff from the drugstore that's around $8 for a teeny bottle and is basically doing the same thing. It bubbles up in your ears and dissolves the wax. You use an eardropper to put it in, of course.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2011 06:27PM

I had ear candling done years ago but it seemed to me that all there was in the cone was the melted material of the cone itself! I didn't notice any difference either.
My aunt uses vinegar and water for her daughter's ears at the cottage to stave off or treat ear irritation from swimming in the lake. I've never had a problem myself, the kids neither. We were all nursed for a good long while as infants though, 14 months for me (thanks mom!) and approx 3 years for each of my kids. Nary an ear issue between us and I attribute it to the booby juice grinning smiley.

Date: October 12, 2011 07:09PM

well unfortunately i cannot go back to the booby juice... it was 6 months for me... I tried the hydrogen peroxide last night... but i still have the wheezing and slight pressure in my ear... don't have any access to the ear candles at the moment anyhow... lest i order them so i will see if the peroxide helps... maybe i will try the vinegar if things don't improve...

thanks

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2011 08:22PM

Look up the proportions online and best of luck!

Date: October 12, 2011 10:57PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well unfortunately i cannot go back to the booby
> juice... it was 6 months for me... I tried the
> hydrogen peroxide last night... but i still have
> the wheezing and slight pressure in my ear...
> don't have any access to the ear candles at the
> moment anyhow... lest i order them so i will see
> if the peroxide helps... maybe i will try the
> vinegar if things don't improve...
>
> thanks

When you say "wheezing," are you talking about coughing? Do you consume dairy or other very mucus-forming foods? Did you recently get a cold or flu? I am wondering where this is coming from: is it an on-going issue or just a recent occurrence? I produce a lot of wax normally but it doesn't clog my ears very often. I am able to clean my ears in the shower and perhaps my diet keeps everything from getting too bad. Good luck!
>
> love laugh and dream

Date: October 13, 2011 01:49AM

The wheezing is in my ear not in my chest... it's a recent occurrence say with in the past 2 1/2 weeks it sort of sounds like a car in the distance that won't start... and in fact that is what i thought it was at first... till i realized it was in my ear... no dairy whatsoever... not cold or flu ... I eat about 85% raw... and the other percent is usually lightly steamed veg occasionally bean thread noodles, or rice... the only cough i get strangely enough is when i eat something spicy then it's one good cough and no more... weird i know.

love laugh and dream

Date: October 13, 2011 09:19PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The wheezing is in my ear not in my chest... it's
> a recent occurrence say with in the past 2 1/2
> weeks it sort of sounds like a car in the
> distance that won't start... and in fact that is
> what i thought it was at first... till i realized
> it was in my ear... no dairy whatsoever... not
> cold or flu ... I eat about 85% raw... and the
> other percent is usually lightly steamed veg
> occasionally bean thread noodles, or rice... the
> only cough i get strangely enough is when i eat
> something spicy then it's one good cough and no
> more... weird i know.
>
> love laugh and dream

Not weird at all! Hot pepper is a great mucus dissolver! So it would be acting as an expectorant. It's great also when you come down with a cold. It increases circulation and also is great for decongesting.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:02AM

Well then I guess it is letting me know that i have some congestion in my lungs... not a surprise as i do have struggles breathing from time to time... only hot pepper also lowers blood pressure and i have to watch it there cause i already have very low blood pressure and it has made me dizzy when i have too much..

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables