Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone ever use a Verseo Aqua-Toner System
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 13, 2011 11:44PM

It's a machine that moves you from ankles upwards while laying down. I am using it and it has worked better than any protocol for back pain I've ever used.

After only 3 days and 30 minutes per day I can walk comfortably again. I was near tears for over a week with back pain before trying the machine out.

I have scoliosis that will give me sciatic pain. The chiropractor had said that I could get about a 75% improvement with adjustments which I went ahead and did a couple months of. But they didn't come close to the relief I'm getting with this massager machine.

I just had to find out if anyone has had relief from using it. And if you have back pain, give it a try...it's kind of pricey between $71 to $94 depending on where you buy it at. I am lucky that a friend gave me his to try out. He might not get it back!

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever use a Verseo Aqua-Toner System
Date: November 14, 2011 03:54PM

My above post sounds so much like an advertisement for the machine doesn't it?! I'm not selling them and have no vested interest in it. I am wondering though why it's so difficult finding reviews and stories on the Internet about the machine. I also wonder if the makers of the machine know what they've got.

I use a heating pad under my back (moving it around to my most sore places) while I'm on the machine. I think that having a mat that has heat and massage would be ideal to use while I'm using the machine.

My best back pain relief in the past has come with using an exercise ball, swimming and jacuzzi, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, a hand held massager and or the massaging mat. Along with when I had lost weight on the raw foods diet and started walking a lot. I've been without those things for a year now and my back suffered and finally crossed over the intolerable pain threshold. Before I tried the Verseo I recently bought another exercise ball, I'm taking psyllium husk for a colon cleanse, walking more, and I'll be taking the acv once I get some. A pool and jacuzzi is not an option at this time. But that massaging machine is better in terms of reducing my back pain than all those past protocols put together.

I don't know exactly how it's helping me, so I'd love to hear from other experiences about the use of it, and what you use for your back/hip/leg pain.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2011 04:14PM

I don't understand what that does, is it the machine that wiggles your legs around by the ankles? I remember seeing an ad for something like that a while ago, it sure looked interesting. I'd try it.

Date: November 14, 2011 04:24PM

You lay down and place your ankles in the unit (they lay on top of the machine), turn it on and it has a quick side to side motion that reverberates from your toes to your upper back. It feels really relaxing, helps with circulation with in turn helps with oxygenation, and it must relax or get blood flow to those nerves and tendons that are compromised. I don't know if or what it does for the spine.

The first couple sessions after about 10 minutes I got some cramping in my upper back on right side. I had to stretch it out with my arms by moving side to side. Then it all relaxed. I wonder what it does for kidney stones?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 14, 2011 06:41PM

I've heard of it and seen it demoed, but have never given any thought to using it. Don't know what I would use it for, but glad it's working for you.

Date: November 14, 2011 07:27PM

I want one, and a thermal massage pad too. LOL, save a fortune in chiro treatments.

Date: November 14, 2011 08:18PM

Do you recommend a massage pad in particular? I had one but can't recall where I got it from..maybe Ginnys.com It was a really good one though..options of massage and heat.

There is a shiatsu pillow that has 5 stars from its reviews..I want one of those too! I'd be covered from head to toe almost.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 14, 2011 09:22PM

Link to the pillow? I've got a buckwheat pillow that I like very much, the little man inherited my mom's old memory foam pillow, he likes that.

I know nothing about massage pads, only that I'd like one. I used to avoid electronic stuff near my body but these days what's the point? We're bombarded by wireless from all sides anyhow. I try to minimize but a heating massage pad seems like so little in comparison. There was a time I wouldn't even wear a watch and was on the look out for a treadle sewing machine, lol.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: November 14, 2011 10:15PM

Never thought about using a Verseo Aqua-Toner system. For back pain relief, I always thought an inversion table would be a good choice.

Date: November 18, 2011 11:21PM

The day after this conversation I found a Dr Scholl's heated massage chair pad at the thrift store for $5. Can you believe that? I've yet to try it out though, no time for sitting still in my hectic life at the moment, lol.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: November 19, 2011 01:37AM

When I have strained muscles, heat kills my back; I need to use ice. Good luck with that chair...

Date: November 19, 2011 03:38AM

Heat works great at the chiro office, pretty sure it'll be terrific for me, thanks.

Date: December 07, 2011 10:49PM

I'm still using the Verseo Aqua toner and am still getting great benefit from it. I just discovered that there are (by visiting Rawfoodworld.com) machines called Vibrational machines. I have been to different gyms, and visits to chiropractors and have never heard of them. They are found in elite type gyms and have an interesting way of coming about. Something about the Russian cosmonauts using the premise to live longer in outer space.

Anyway I found it really interesting that raw food world carries some of them..up to $12,000! I'd sure love to try one of those out. I wonder if Matt and Angela have tried them and if so what they think about them.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 23, 2012 11:04PM

OMG PRISM YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND AT THE THRIFT STORE!!! The same store I got the chair pad at when we were lasting talking in this thread, for only 10$ too, you could have knocked me over when I walked past that thing, ha ha! I can't wait to try it out, just moving some furniture around (emptied out the house of all unneccessary stuff and am rearranging) and get a little paperwork in order and then I'm gonna try them both out together. Man, I really scored.

Date: March 24, 2012 03:21PM

You made me log in just to reply to your postsmiling smiley Ok, I'm jealous because....I returned the darn machine to my friend. Don't ask me why..it was something I had to do out of principle. But now I've been without it for a couple months and my sciatica is acting up and sometimes when I get out of bed I'm actually crooked until I can work out the kink from back pain.

When you use it, lay straight on the floor and find a comfy spot to put your heels or ankels on as this takes a little practice to find that right spot. Then relax into it and just let the machine work. I also used a heating pad on my back/sciatic nerve for the first couple months I used it.

If you don't like it and you want to sell it and it's in good shape and works..let me know!

Love,
Prism

Date: March 24, 2012 03:25PM

I have a feeling I'm going to love it. Friends who work at the thrift store drove it over here for me and the fella tried it out while his wife and I were chatting. After a bit we looked over at him and he as totally blissed out on my carpet, lol, we could barely convince him to leave, he would have stayed all night! Prism, keep checking Craig's list, hopefully you'll find one for yourself. I hope you do...

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 24, 2012 05:12PM

For my back, I use this:

[www.amazon.com]

It does work for me.

Date: April 16, 2012 03:27PM

I had to purchase a new Aqua-toner system..because after a few months my pain from sciatica was back in full force.

I'm using it again and after only a couple sessions (I do at least 15 mintues 2x a day if not up to 30 minutes each time) the mornings are once again pain free and I can walk normally and not hunched over and crooked from the pain.

Next thing I want is that massage/heat mat to lie on while I'm working out on the Aqua toner.

Coco, let us know how you like your machine. I'm very interested in how it helps back pain or realigns the spine.

[www.getback2life.com] The one Coco has.

[www.verseo.com] The one I have.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 17, 2012 02:18PM

I finally tried out the machine I've got, last night I did a 15 minute session with it and the Dr Scholl's heated massage chair cover (what is this thing called anyhow?) which I put on the floor and laid on. It was pretty relaxing, not sure how therapeutic it was but I'd take time out to use them every night for sure. I'll try it again with the Spoonk mat I've got but not until I try the Spoonk by itself, it's a little intimidating to lay down on all those spikey little bits. I'm kind of procrastinating it, lol.

I'd like to try a machine like the one you've got Prism. Does it just move back and forth? The Back2Life goes in a circular motion from front to back rather than side to side, sort of gently pulling the knees up, towards the feet, down and back towards the body. Small, slow circles. Very soothing.

Date: April 17, 2012 02:39PM

The aqua toner does go back and forth. I don't know what it does to relieve my sciatic pain but it works. Maybe helps with circulation, or helps with muscle tension, or a little adjustment of my lower back, or something else.

I have my exercise ball which I work out on and sit on while at the computer. It never helped to relieve my sciatic pain though. Nor did the chiro sessions I did for several months. My chiropractor said I had mild scoliosis and that I could expect only about 75% improvement with the adjustments. I think that was a con of some sort or at least it didn't work for me.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 17, 2012 03:25PM

That's so funny, I have an exercise ball for a desk chair too! lol Prism.

Date: April 17, 2012 05:10PM

I've had one for a number of years and I was without one for about a year until recently again. I can sit and balance with no feet on ground or holding on to the ball. It is supposed to help with core strength. I'm a fidety person..so the ball is perfect for me as it is mostly in some kind of motion.

Even my dog likes the ball..she'll put a squeaky toy under it and then buss the exercise ball with her nose so it will come back and roll on the toy and make it squeak. When she wants my attention if I'm sitting on the couch she'll hit that ball so hard it just about knocks over anything on the coffee table.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables