Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Colon cleansing with psyllium husk
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:22AM

I would like to have some experiences with cleansing using psyllium husk. Do you do it on a regular basis? How did it help or not? Do you mix your own or use a brand name type of drink?

I have read many times about the use of psyllium husk drinks but didn't pay them much heed. I have discovered that I should have used this years ago when I first went raw. I also would have loved to use it while I was doing a 6 week course of colon hydro therapy..which was 12 visits in all.

I'm using it now and have worked up to 2 to 3 glasses per day. After the first 3 weeks, I'm having those ropy thick strands they talk about. I'm really thrilled with the results too. I've lost around my middle, feel better and less tired, and don't have the desire to overeat.

I've read that those ropy thick strands of fecal matter are a hoax and only are the result of the cleansing agent itself. But I'm finding that if that were true then why did it not happen the first day I used it and why 3 weeks later?

I'm interested once again in colon health. But now with the addition of adding the soluble fiber to my daily diet. I feel like I can walk a hundred miles now. Ok..not a hundred but more than I felt like before.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colon cleansing with psyllium husk
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:21PM

Prism,

I am evidently not far enough along in raw to see any effects; psyllium doesn't affect me one way or the other.

I've read that those ropy thick strands of fecal matter are a hoax and only are the result of the cleansing agent itself. But I'm finding that if that were true then why did it not happen the first day I used it and why 3 weeks later?

This is why I tend to be skeptical when I hear a trained clinician saying that there's no such thing as fecal impaction. I once said to a gastroenterologist, "Then why must everyone have a severe Fleet enema before their colonoscopy, hmmmm? Why can't you just stick that scope up there, if it's so tidy already?"

It was at precisely that moment that I saw dislike of me register on her face winking smiley

Re: Colon cleansing with psyllium husk
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:54PM

Oh that's a good one Tamukha! Why do they give a person that 1 gallon yucky drink to take over 2 days and fast on clear liquids before the test?! A friend recently was going thru the fasting and got so ill during that time he cancelled his test. I told him it was cruel to expect him at his age (senior) and in his condition(s) (obesity, diabetes, etc.) to go thru that.

There are colon impactions, and that's when you are warned not to take psyllium husk drinks. What does one do in that case I wonder.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables