Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Magnetic Clay Baths
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 17, 2011 01:59PM

Going to try a magnetic clay detox bath in about half an hour will post up how i get on.

Heard great things about them especially for those with heavy metal toxicity, people have been able to lower there heavy metal counts by half after 1-4 baths which is pretty impressive as it can often take a year to do that with IV chelation.

Will update later onsmiling smiley

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magnetic Clay Baths
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 19, 2011 04:59PM

Are you still with us? Hope it was productive smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:26PM

LOL, seriously. Don't make us wait too long, we'll get worried about you! <3

Date: December 20, 2011 02:15PM

It's eaten him, coco! [gnaws hand in terror] The clay has eaten powerlifer, oh noooooooooooooooooooo!

Date: December 20, 2011 03:44PM

Haha, i didn't have waterproof duct tape so haven't been able to try it yet.

Been reading alot about the specific product and a few people with ausitic kids who have heavy metal toxicity how much better they are.

I have done a normal bentonite clay foot bath before and never really felt much so will be interested to see how these differ as they select a specific type of clay.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 20, 2011 06:44PM

powerlifer,

I don't understand--are you filling the entire bathroom with the clay, requiring that you first duct tape up the windows and doors?

Well, whatever you do, keep us posted. I have only heard of people taking clay baths for a spa beauty treatment, and the internal benefits were never discussed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2011 06:44PM by Tamukha.

Date: December 20, 2011 07:20PM

LOL!

I put it on my face. Pretty sure JuicerKatz and Prism ingest it. Never had a bath in it... waiting to hear the results of this interesting adventure.

Date: December 20, 2011 07:38PM

Lol that made me laugh tamukasmiling smiley.

I should have explained, i haven't read the instructions fully yet but from what i grasp you need waterproof duct tape to put over the plug hole, i assume so the clay doesn't get down the pipes and set. You get CDA's with the product which are clay dissolving agents so you can clean the bath once finished.

I have heard for years about clay baths in spas like you say and am not sure what type of clay they use or if it is just applied topically like coco says for the skin benefits as clay is very mineral rich.

I have used clays interally in the past such as bentonite which are often recommended to detox from heavy metals but the detox was too intense after a while. Although like my usual i was using what was considered the high starting dose.

Anyway looking forward to these magnetic clay baths as i know they come highly recommended from parents of Autistic children and others with metal poisoning.

I have been chelating for about 4 years now and i know from a hair mineral test and challenge that im clean now, but from what ive read other than doing a tissue biopsy you could have much more stored metals in tissue. Infact as lack of minerals come in metals can even enter the bone matrix such as lead and take place where minerals such as calcium usually would be. Scary thought lol.

Will update how it goes soon hopefully, like i say i have used bentonite in a foot bath an never felt much of anything, so im hoping this does.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 20, 2011 07:43PM

Hey, feel like posting something here or on your blog chronicling your chelation process? I'd be interested in hearing it.

Concrete bathtub, eh? You might want to try this experiment outside in an inflatable pool come summer...

Date: December 20, 2011 10:58PM

I think there is an article i did on the blog for chelation coco, need to add the search bit to the blog so you can search articles.

It could do with a fair bit of updating.

[vegankingdom.co.uk]

lol yeah that is true, hopefully it goes ok, seems like it will from testimonials lol.

Date: December 20, 2011 11:50PM

powerlifer,

Oh dear, now all I can think of is what the pipes may go through if even a small amount of clay gets into 'em; they are probably older pipes where you are in Kiltland. Maybe coco has a point about doing this in the yard--if you have one--in an inflatable kiddie pool. If it isn't too frosty and rainy as yet, that is.

Looking forward to hearing about the experience, I must say. Good luck smiling smiley

Date: December 20, 2011 11:56PM

I could buy a little paddling pool for inside the house, although the testimonials from those who have used it make it sound simplistic although pretty much everyone i have mentioned it too think what a madman lol.

Hope its worth the effort as ive heard good things like i say. Seaweed baths also are rated very highly for detox and skin health, i love seaweeds for there therapeutic benefits but a bath is going too far even for me, lying in a pool of wakame style water lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2011 11:57PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 22, 2011 01:34PM

Not sure i can handle 15 minutes of a hot bath, it still lowers my blood pressure too much, so i have started off with a foot bath.

Im a minute in and wow i feel these strong pulling sensation from my feet, this is something i read on the testimonials people saying they felt a pulling sensation from there liver area in the bath.

Will report as im going.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 22, 2011 01:55PM

The pulling sensation on my feet went after about a minute and i am alternating bouts of feeling some mild fatigue/heavy feeling in my legs then feeling very light and clean all over.

My tongue feels abit funny like its pulling something from my mouth now. Pulling is now bath again feel a bubbly pulling feeling from both top and bottom of my feet now.

About 20 minutes to go and i will have done 40 minutes at 1 1/2 cup dose.

Took a picture of my feet in the bath also lol, will put on blog later when i have done review. Might try full bath next as the foot baths are only about a quarter of the strength of a full clay detox bath i have heard.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 22, 2011 02:04PM

Neato!

Date: December 22, 2011 03:13PM

I actually feel very clear now, when i got out i was abit tired and needed to lie down though.

The clay water at the bottom had gone black, not as black as some pictures but enough to make me think that i do still have some degree of heavy metals in me that hair tests arent picking up.

Will do a full bath next time as they are stronger.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 23, 2011 03:46PM

Feeling amazing after todays foot bath. Today i used probably around 1 3/4 cups of the magnetic clay and immersed my feet for around 40 minutes again.

During the foot bath i felt a strong wave of fatigue but afterwards i was left feeling very calm, light, relaxed and just all round good. This makes me believe i still do have some degree of heavy metals in my tissues even though tests are not showing readable levels anymore. I do know that other than tissue biopsy there is no greatly accurate test for heavy metal toxicity.

Anyway yeah i feel great woo, the water when i poured it out again near the bottom was very black and metallic looking. I can't wait to see what a full bath is like compared to the foot bath which is said it be a fraction of the strength.

Can imagine it will be a pain in the butt to clean the full bath compared to the foot bath basin but if the results are anything to go on it will be worth it.

Definitley recommend LL's Magnetic Clay Bath so far smiling smiley. Im bored and impatient, i should be leaving a few days space in between the frequency of the clay detox baths but i may do another tomorrow lol.

Picture on the blog, ignore my legs lol.

[vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 23, 2011 07:15PM

Thanks for posting this play-by-play, powerlifer; filing it away for future reference!

Date: December 23, 2011 07:20PM

smiling smiley, you are meant to leave a few days between but i think i might do another tomorrow and see if the benefits build up once again.

I really want to try a full bath but cleaning the bath afterwards of clay isn't appealing. I will see lol. I can see why they get such high praise though i feel super clean at the moment and light.

There are a few different types of baths some for specific metals, i forgot to say the one i am doing is the clear out detox one which is generic. You mix the herbal sachet into it. Will try list the herbs later.

I would say im about half or 1/4 through the amount of clay i have. For how much it cost i would be looking to have another 2 or 3 baths out of it. Although if i was doing full baths i likely could lower the dosage probably.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 23, 2011 07:27PM

When I was doing my Massage therapy course, the way we had to clean the tubs between customers was truly quite labour intensive so if you plan to do this .. have a plan lol !!

we had to bucket out what we could then use a wet-vac (shop vac) to suck up all the rest smiling smiley

if you do not have a wet-vac .. think along the lines of how you drain/clean a fish tank .. use a hose ..fill it with water .. drop the far end below the level of the water/tub and drain it that way .. somewhere .. not sure if you live in a house or a flat or what the consequences are of that scenario smiling smiley

if you are looking for a more permanent idea ..i would suggest investing in a metal watering trough like this [www.amazon.com] or even an old bathtub

.. put it up on cinderblocks (so that the drain level is higher then floor level and emptying it into buckets for later disposal

if you are going to put this kind of investment ..id suggest offering it as a service to others to offset the costs smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 07:29PM by Jgunn.

Date: December 23, 2011 08:39PM

Jodie many thanks for that post that was really helpful and the idea of the hose actually is a great idea.

I think i am now more prepared to give the full bath a go. So will update if that is any better than the foot baths.

Thanks againsmiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 23, 2011 08:50PM

You're welcome smiling smiley Yes i think the hose would definitely work i dont see why it wouldnt .. it works for my huge fish tanks to clean up the sediment in there .. its all about getting the suction going grinning smiley

thank you for starting this post you have spurred me into trying to find this (magnetic clay) locally smiling smiley im really curious now!

and second thoughts on the metal stock tank .. its metal coated in zinc .. i would be concerned about the clay reacting with it

an enameled tub would likely be the best choice for a more permanent solution smiling smiley

I have visions of a lovely old clawfoot tub in my garden surrounded with a privacy tent .. oh joyness <3 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 08:56PM by Jgunn.

Date: December 23, 2011 09:10PM

We had one of those Jo, on the commune. No tent though. They'd lite a fire under it and fill it with snow in winter. Hop in, hop out and roll in the icy crystals. Crazy hippies tongue sticking out smiley.

Date: December 23, 2011 09:14PM

i love that idea coco .. that was my next thought ..hmmm how to heat the water tho... it gets awfully cold up here in canuckleland this time of year doesnt it grinning smiley

id have to put up a tent tho .. or im pretty sure id offend my sensible neighbors sensibilities *snort!* grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 09:15PM by Jgunn.

Date: December 23, 2011 09:27PM

If i had enough money i would love to send you one of the LL's on the house Jodi to see how you get on with it, but things are tight at the moment sadly.

Let me know if you do try it though would love to hear how you get on. The first day wasn't very pronounced at all, but today was great i still feel amazing, like i am very clean and fresh lol. The foot baths are said to be only about a 1/4 if that of the potency of a full bath so i guess i better stop be lazy and test it with a full one lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 23, 2011 09:33PM

Hey Chris thanks for the offer but shipping from the UK would be monumental !! (i used to ship TO the UK for my work at it was rediculous the cost to ship 50lbs of product, like upwards of several hundreds of dollars !!)

but i did find it (the exact same brand! woo hoo) locally from a distributor just 2 towns over so lucky me !! I will let you know how my experience goes for sure ! smiling smiley

In school of course we had to sample the baths to get a feel about how our cliets would feel using them but they werent magnetic to my memory of it .. i beleive they were standard bentonite .. nothing special .. the bentonite just left me with a .. "meh .. ok that wasnt terribly exciting" feeling lol

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2011 09:34PM by Jgunn.

Date: December 23, 2011 09:53PM

Nice one Jodi, let me know how you get on smiling smiley.

Ive done standard bentonite foot baths before in the past which did nothing. Internally though it was quite a potent detox, infact i took too much and the detox was strong so never followed through on it.

Which one are you going for from the LL's range, i am using the clear out detox, which is a general one.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 23, 2011 10:12PM

I was thinking the environmental one to try . it seems to cover a broad spectrum of disorders according to the disease chart on the LL site. smiling smiley

[www.magneticclay.com]

Date: December 23, 2011 10:49PM

I must have missed that chart, that is pretty sweet thanks for linking.

Enviromental is like a general one aswell from what ive read so good choice.

My friend who has peristant medication resistant anxiety/panic attacks had purchased one of the clear out magnetic baths from our amla store last week when i first got them in and has emailed there saying that after one bath he is about 90% panic attack free for the first time in years. I have tried to convince him for a while now that heavy metal toxicity could be the root cause of his anxiety and panic attacks.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: December 24, 2011 12:10AM

Hmm, maybe I'll try this in the summer. I've got a really big tote bin we could use as an outdoor tub at the cottage. Just dump onto the lawn when through, bet that clay's good for the earth!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables