Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

are cotton balls harmful?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: December 21, 2011 08:35AM

i use cotton balls to clean my face. am i damaging my face? i read that cotton can contain a lot of pesticides.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: are cotton balls harmful?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 21, 2011 01:31PM

Cotton is one of the most heavily sprayed crops on the face of the earth, lots of genetic modification too. There are organic cotton balls and pads though and you can use small pieces of cut out flannel that are reusable, just put them into one of those mesh bags for lingerie and wash with your sheets and towels.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 21, 2011 04:55PM

Agree with coco; I use the organic cotton balls that are sold in all the big pharmacy chains.

Date: December 21, 2011 07:21PM

ugh. i wonder if this is what is making my screen break out. just started using cotton balls a few months ago.

i will look for organic cotton balls today. thank you both.

Date: December 21, 2011 08:57PM

What else are you doing with your skin rufio? Have you changed anything, diet, laundry soap, body products etc?

Date: December 21, 2011 10:13PM

i noticed i typed 'screen' *howls*

coco - nothing out of the ordinary. its just that after i wash my face at night, instead of spraying it with my ACV toner, i started applying it to cotton balls and rubbing it over my face. gets the extra dirt off.

i wish i didnt have to use cotton at all and my fingers could do the trick, but no other way to get my face squeaky clean.

Date: December 21, 2011 10:38PM

Is there a reason you're going for squeaky clean? I'm not sure it's necessary and also not convinced that it's a good thing to entirely strip the skin of what's naturally there. You're not supposed to do it with hair either.
If what you were doing before worked it might be the route you want to go. Gardenofwisdom has some great info and knowledgeable forum users in case you feel like asking over there. They're pretty much into getting the face completely clean too so might have an answer as to why this is happening with your small change in routine.
Best of luck!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 22, 2011 12:06AM

maybe the bleaching agents from the cotton balls are irritating to your skin too..?

i wonder if spraying it on with some sort of airbrush instead of using cotton or fingers would be better ... really superfine particles spray... like with one of these [www.luminessair.com]

not sure if the above would work with vinegar running through it tho .. smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2011 12:08AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 22, 2011 02:03PM

I don't know that I would work ACV into my skin rigorously, even on organic cotton balls.

Date: December 22, 2011 03:18PM

Oh, you know, I didn't even think to ask how diluted the ACV you're using is? It's really important that it's not too strong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables