Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Should Participation in Clinical Trials be Mandated?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 19, 2012 03:01AM

Before you freak out at the very question, realize that I am just repeating the title of the opinion piece. Very disturbing:

[virtualmentor.ama-assn.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Should Participation in Clinical Trials be Mandated?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 19, 2012 09:01PM

This effectively negates her entire argument:

"financial inducement is an ethically unacceptable solution to the recruitment shortage . . . "

But forcing people to test vaccines isn't?

How do people this intellectually defective get through PhD programs? Seriously.

I will volunteer for boatloads of vaccine trials . . . if I can see a list of all ingredients for every single one before I sign any consent forms(besides those pertaining to intellectual property rights). There. I've called Doctor Bobo's bluff smiling smiley

Date: January 20, 2012 01:50AM

They have those trials where you stay at the university hosptial overnight...I was tempted to agree to a sleep trial because it involved no meds but it was too freaky to have to sleep in a strange place and have people watching me! My brother signed up as a lab rat in college. Ugh--I would never do such a thing, even for decent money.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2012 04:49AM

I did it. I was taking a certain brand of BC pill at the time and the testing was to see if a med would interfere with it resulting in pregnancy for a slew of unsuspecting women. I was young, the pay was good, it was a fairly simple drug (version of something already on the market that had no real side effects). No biggy. The worst part was giving blood, that SUCKED. I think I slept over one night too.
I wouldn't do it again, if being forced I'd put up a stink for certain.

Date: January 21, 2012 08:43PM

It's creepy that the idea of MANDATORY tests is being bandied about in such a mainstream publication as the AMA...Sounds rather fascist and I don't feel like I'm exaggerating!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables