Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cracked Tooth....
Posted by: arete ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:03AM

Hello,

I recently discovered that my tooth must be cracked, based on describing my symptoms to a dentist by phone.
He said I would probably need a root canal- which I don't plan to have. However I'm wondering what alternatives may be out there,,, I know of the salt water or clay rinse for teeth but that is usually for a bacteria or ph issue... I'm not sure what to do about a crack- as my teeth do not have any infections- just a small crack in one. The crack must be pretty small, based on the fact that my tooth only hurts when I eat- and it is sensitive to hot or cold.
Is it possible that a cracked tooth would repair itself?
Will a ceramic filling do the trick?
Any body who has suggestions is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cracked Tooth....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:50AM

Dentist. That is the only option I'd recommend at this point. For a cracked tooth you will more than likely need a crown, possible a root canal as well. After an initial consultation the Dr can present you with options which you can then research but this is not something that will likely get better if you leave it, more likely it will get worse. Infection isn't very nice, I would say not to wait at all to see someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 01:50AM by coco.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 24, 2012 08:32PM

If you have the money you could find a Huggins protocol dentist.

[www.holisticdentalnetwork.com]

There's tons of info. on holistic dental work.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: January 26, 2012 02:20PM

I had a slightly cracked tooth. Just got a crown, no need for a root canal. It all depends on your particular situation.

Also, teeth are bones that can heal, actually recalcify. Get another, preferably alternative, opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables