Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Baking Soda???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: February 23, 2012 09:22PM

I've read good things about it I've read bad things about it... I was so acidic last night that I took some in some water and it worked so well... I kow it's not something i want to take on a regular basis... but can someone tell me more about it... the goods the bads and all the inbetweens
thank you
love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Baking Soda???
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2012 01:51AM

Fine for baking and cleaning--not a medicine.

Hope powerlifer chimes in with advice on taking herbs or such.

Date: February 24, 2012 02:08AM

Ok... but why?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2012 02:13AM

It's not raw, it's not a food, it doesn't heal what ails you ~ at best it's a bandaid solution.
Beware the stuff that comes in a box or tub, it has aluminum in it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2012 02:53PM

luvyuu,

Becuase your stomach acid should not be neutralized--it's acidic there for a reason. It does not help digestion long term to take something this alkalizing.

I know that you have had serious digestive complaints in the past, and that it is difficult for you to come up with a regimen of fats, proteins, and carbs that your body seems to like. More and more I am wondering if your home situation isn't causing these problems . . . how is that going? I hope that things will improve soon. In the meantime, eat whatever is raw that you can tolerate, or gently cooked, but simply prepared. Good luck smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 25, 2012 06:19PM

Ant-acids and using strong alkaline salts and such are no a good idea as suggested. Contrary to popular belief Hyperchlorhydria is not all that common, whilst Hypochlorhydria is. Hypochlorhydria produces the same symptoms of being acidic.

This isn't meant to be viewed as medical advice, i know you have been having problems for a while have you seen a physician and had an endoscopy and such done.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: February 25, 2012 06:39PM

I forgot to say the skin is the same, it must remain slightly acidic PH to prevent yeast from morphing into there fungal form, same goes for opportunistic infections. This is why most skin cares products are PH balanced rather than being alkaline which is one of the biggest scam fads i can think of.

Again nothing wrong with consuming a diet rich in alkaline foods but purposely manipulating parts of the body which are meant to remaing slightly acidic to function will cause problems.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: February 26, 2012 01:49AM

Ok...so i'm not slightly acidic... i'm very acidic... I don't take that all the time in fact that is the first time in a long while that i have... so what about alkaline water... the place i work has a knagen water system and i have been drinking only from it... is this ok... also just read about alkaline reflux... any one ever hear of this... same symptoms as acid reflux except it's the bile from the gall bladder that is coming up...

yes this is a struggle me and my digestive issues... I have been working with and acupuncturist but i'm not really seeing much result... and yes my home life is very stressful ... but then so is my inward life.... my innards are very acidic but so have been my thoughts and feelings... which comes first the chikken or the Egg...

Hypcholridia??? what is this?

thank you all

love laugh and dream

Date: February 26, 2012 12:06PM

The feeling of acidity if you are referring to heart burn can like i say be from low stomach acid. Bitters usually in most cases help either way, but for some digestive, liver and gallbladder conditions they are not recommended such as bile duct obstruction.

They are generally safe though from the research i have done and i found them very effective not only as a digestive aid but as a liver cleanser and balancing my hormones. I did an article on my blog if its any interest.

The body has many redudant systems that keep PH narrowly in check, i still do not buy into this theory of acid/alkaline for disease. The main reason is like i say above some parts of the body need to remain acidic to function. The body generates many beneficial acids for energy, repelling opportunistic microbes such as candida and more. Then we have amino acids which again are essential to health. The reason woman often get vaginal infections after antibiotic use is that the antibiotics kill off the acid producing gut bacteria which keep these bacterial and fungal infections in check. Acid seems to get a horrible reputation, but if acidity was the cause of all disease like some of these guys promote, they would all show signs of clinical acidosis. I was on that doctors site today and he recommends sticking these strong alkaline salts in the bath and drinking them, terrible and potentially dangerous in my opinion.

Ive never heard of the system sorry i cant help there. I just drink spring water, these reverse osmosis machines purify the water but they also take the minerals. This then leaches the minerals from the body which isn't good. Reverse osmosis is fine aslong as you are adding a mineral source to the water, again like i say ive never heard of the system so it might not be reverse osmosis.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2012 12:10PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables