Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what do you think causes psoriasis?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: February 25, 2012 07:08AM

I have it all over my scalp. What do you think causes this condition?

Could it be an omega-3 or Vitamin D deficiency? Those are the only two bases I may not have covered, especially in winter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what do you think causes psoriasis?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 25, 2012 04:53PM

I have heard that it could be a latent food allergy, as well as a possible vitamin deficiency.

Is your diet clean right now? Maybe spend some time plugging in your intakes to an online nutrition calculator to see if something might be seriously lacking. Good luck!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 25, 2012 06:20PM

There is actually a few factors which are involved in the development of psoriasis, fatty acids, adrenal gland dysfunction, sluggish liver and gallbladder being some of the causes.

I knew a woman who had it terrible for years, her arms were covered in it. She was obese and ate a very poor diet. I told her that she should give bitters and bile stimulant herbs a try and see if they helped. Pretty much most of her psoriasis is gone.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 26, 2012 05:23PM

Stress is also a big indicator.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 28, 2012 12:17PM

I have a friend who is a reiki master and she took part in a clinical trial to see if reiki could help psoriasis.

The overwhelming answer was yes - reiki had an enormously beneficial effect on those people with psoriasis. The really amazing part of this was that the doctors and nurses involved reconised the results and they were published.

My friend has extraordinary success with treating psoriasis and says there is nearly always an emotional tie up and often a disorder such as irritable bowel or something similar along side it.

I hope this may be of help or interest.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 28, 2012 02:14PM

Huh, that's interesting, flipperjan!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: March 06, 2012 11:54PM

rufio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have it all over my scalp. What do you think causes this condition?

I would guess it's a backed-up Colon. This is the root-cause of most health problems......WY

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 08, 2012 06:53PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I would guess it's a backed-up Colon. This is the root-cause of most health problems......WY

I can't really agree with that sorry WY, a toxic colon is nearly as over-rated as candida in my opinion of course.

When it comes to each individual health problem i would say if you were able to pinpoint one thing that pops up in many it is dysfunctional adrenal glands. Anyway sometimes in even one disease there is more than one thing going on.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:38PM

My husband has guttate psoriasis. He has been experimenting to treat it because it covers 85% of his body.

So far he has had success with cutting out eggs (not an issue if you're raw, right?)

Also, his psoriasis improves with phototherapy (like sunbathing), and lately he's had success by shaving his entire body. His theory is that the toxins in his hair are irritating his skin. Shaving his arms cleared most of their psoriasis within a day. He shaved his chest afterwards, and also saw many red patches disappear.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables