Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

suffering from mickey mouse things
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 20, 2012 10:13AM

Raw food makes you more sensitive. It has advantages. But does it make you suffer at times? Is this a weakness? How do you manage it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: suffering from mickey mouse things
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:43PM

I talked a little about this in another thread and personally believe that the level of sensitivity that some experience is not healthy.

I was talking about a woman who could no longer leave her home she was that sensitive to her surroundings.

I also wonder if long term eating so simplistic like many raw foodists do with mono meals causes the digestion to become sluggish. I see many people complaining that after raw they could no longer digest even a small bowl of lightly boiled quinoa, not meaning to put anybody off raw but to me this level of sensitivity doesn't seem healthy.

Which is why i eat high raw vegan these days.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2012 01:43PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 20, 2012 01:52PM

Yeah, eating a bowl of quinoa and getting sick seems extreme.

In a mental level, could it be that by being happier (higher level), we can also be knock down from that level easier? Happiness would be relative, so going down a little from a high level may be felt as suffering.

If we have less choices, more restrictions, don't we end up somehow isolated in a bubble world?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 20, 2012 03:16PM

Panchito,

I always try to remember Emerson's dictum, "Only connect." A healthier lifestyle shouldn't alienate one from everything and everyone one knows, just the bad stuff smiling smiley

Date: March 20, 2012 06:20PM

Once connected, what's your opinion about helping? Some people may want to help you instead. During helping, they would need criticism to stir them in the right path. But nobody likes to hear criticism and people may end up disconnecting.

What are the limits/rules of the connection?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:30PM

With kids instead of criticism it's good to use encouragement. It's totally possible to rephrase the things you say in a positive way.
ie "don't forget your keys" becomes "remember your keys"
"this is unhealthy" becomes "such and such has this positive quality".
Unless someone asks for dietary advice it's not all that cool to go handing it out IMO. What people eat is really nobody else's business (hard to remember when you see a baby in a stroller holding a can of coke and a bag of cheetos though sad smiley )

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:09PM

Sometimes, though, it's not always pleasant, when your mind is clear enough to plug into the earth, you plug it in, and the first thing you hear is the earth screaming in pain.

The truth is, reality is harsh. That's a huge reason why people tune out. It takes the ULTIMATE strength to keep an open heart in the face of all the horrors happening around us today. It does get overwhelming.

Eating is coping, for so many people. Once you're raw, you have to find other ways to cope... and create ways to act.

And sometimes, even when you do act, things don't always work out. I tried to start a green business and it SANK, so now I'm back to serving dead cows for a living. But I try to focus on the positive... being positive with all the people I meet. My lifestyle on the personal level is still very positive, even if I'm having trouble connecting it to the community level.

There's also lots of opposition to being open, clean, and sensitive. I mentioned in another thread, the city just cemented over the pure spring I go to get my water. I really feel like a loved one was murdered, it just breaks my heart.

Sometimes you get shot down really hard for trying to do GOOD THINGS. That's tough. Especially when you don't want to turn to the dark side.

I don't know what else to say, other than that being sensitive is always a challenge. But it is up to everyone to find a way to balance themselves. Staying moderately active, getting outside, and exercising my MIND are my way of keeping myself centered... even when the input from the world gets too strong.

On the positive side, however, Beauty and Joy that much more loud and clear. For every bit more you can feel, there is always this positive side to be grateful for, most importantly. =)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables