Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Torn ACL Tendon - Help
Posted by: ivac ()
Date: April 10, 2012 02:46PM

Does anyone have any experience or advice on how to repair a complete torn ACL tendon without surgery? A family member who plays basketball got a partial tear when he was playing, and didn't do anything about it because he didn't realize it was something serious. That was a month ago or so, and now the doctor says if he had gotten it fixed at the time, he could have avoided surgery. Now they want to either do a graft of tendon from his own body or a doner.

I'm a bit concerned about him, and worried that he'll be in pain and/or end iup with arthritis the rest of his life, so I've tried to research it to see if he can repair it without surgery, but I only see the regular health websites that say go get surgery and that's the only way.

Any insight into this kind of sports injury from all you body-builders and sports medicine experts?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Torn ACL Tendon - Help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2012 02:48PM

Torn tendon = surgery, sorry. There is certainly nutritional support to help with healing as well as preventing further injury but tendons don't repair themselves.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:00PM

Agree with coco. Proteolytic enzymes can really help with recovery, by the way.

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: April 11, 2012 03:58PM

Oh, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the suggestion of enzymes. One thing I did read was that there are some type of screws that dissolve in the knee.

"Recent technology has led to the development of specialized absorbable screws that actually dissolve within the bone over two to three years."

[ehealthmd.com]

I don't know if he wants to use his own tendon or get a donated one, but I would think one's own would be preferable, at least if you have to take drugs the rest of your life so you don't reject it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables