Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chapped lips?
Posted by: mdelano123 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:28PM

Hi,

Not a serious health concern but something thats been irritating me is chapped lips, really i haven't had any problems until recently because of the season change making it so cold. But if anyone else has had dry or chapped lip problems and solved them please share.

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chapped lips?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:46PM

i get horribly chapped lips in the fall and winter. but i'm also a habitual lip-chewer/licker. this year i bought fresh bee's wax and i think i'm going to make my own balm. nothing has ever helped except to stop chewing and peeling the skin off. very hard for me.

all the oils i try only make them worse. keeping myself hydrated is hard but helps.

last winter i was so happy i had a permanently split lip. it hurt, but i couldn't stop smiling. oh well. there are worse things.

peace-

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:26AM

Place a touch of ghee in your belly button before going to bed each night as needed.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:14PM

really? in your belly button?
is this a chi thing?

last year my belly button pointed out, maybe thats why my lips were so chapped...

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 22, 2006 06:57PM

put a touch of lavender in it too

Posted by: jan ()
Date: November 27, 2006 09:58AM

What is ghee, Is it "Indian" butter?
I rally have chapped lips and am looking for any "natural" thing
I can do to help???
Thanks Jan

Posted by: ReneeK ()
Date: December 06, 2006 06:39AM

I think burt's bees honey lip balm is the best ever.

it goes on your lips, not in your navel. :-p

Renee

Proud to be a tandem breastfeeding, cosleeping, mei tai wearing, natural/homebirthing, cloth diapering, never spanking, non-circumcising mama to two wonderful little leeches. Baby Boy '04, Baby girl '06. :-)

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 10, 2006 10:57PM

My lips were very dry and cracking recently from the weather. I coated my lips with flax oil before bed and during the day between meals, and after a few days my lips have completely healed.

Good luck!

Posted by: Cypher_X ()
Date: December 25, 2006 12:11PM

I use Shea Butter on my chapped lips. And it's all natural(at least the stuff that I use). If the shea butter is white, then it has been processed, and its healing properties have been greatly reduced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables