Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone else making or using Iodine eye drops?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 02, 2012 03:52PM

I'm curious if anyone is/has used any kind of eye drops that contain Iodine. I've been making and using mine for about 4 years.

I have not had chronic dry eye (which causes the eye to produce tears all the time) or allergies which I was prone to since using the eye drops.

A lot of the people here (seniors) at my apt. complex have terrible allergies and I recently read (I love finding some unknown to me info.) that over 90% of sinus problems are caused by fungus.

There is someone here that will start making her own and trying them out. She has terrible allergies.

I've also used them as nose drops on occasion. I also read that if one is using a nebulizer at night (many here have copd and use them) that adding Iodine drops will help with lungs, etc.

If anyone has used it for any of these things and can share that would be appreciated.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone else making or using Iodine eye drops?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 03, 2012 12:54PM

Interesting, Prism! I only take iodine orally, and know about its use as a topical antibiotic, but as eye drops is novel. Thanks for mentioning it smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2012 01:38PM

I'm watching this thread waiting for informative posts. Every now and then there will be an eye or ear infection in this family, I never really know what to use for it aside from colloidal silver, vinegar, peroxide. Imagine if iodine would work, I'd be very happy to know...

Date: June 03, 2012 05:18PM

Coco, do a search for 'eye drops with Iodine' and there will be a lot of info.

You could mix up an ounce of pure water and a couple drops (start with 2 drops) (4 drops is what I use) of Lugol's Iodine and put in each eye 2-3 drops each morning and or each evening.

I have to go and take an eye test soon so I can make sure to pass the renewal test for my drivers license. I have had to have prescription glasses before (which I quit wearing many years ago) although I've passed the eye test just barely without wearing them. I'll post any interesting results once I get the eye test done.

You can also use Iodine as an aerosol for a room and or in a humidifier or neutralizer or cpap machine. My friend just went to the hospital very ill and found his white cell count was thru the roof due to e-coli. He wears a cpap at night and if it were me I'd clean that thing often and spray/clean and use Iodine. Can you imagine all the bacteria in something like that forcing contaminated air in your lungs?

My friend is 72 years old and I suggested to him to place a bowl of water mixed with an oz. of povidone iodine and dip his hands in it whenever he needs to clean them if he's not going to wash his hands diligently when required.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 06:40AM

here what i do i get one oz.of cold water and some honey,a little apple cider vingear and some iodine.very little honey and acv.makes great eye drops

Date: June 17, 2012 03:40PM

Kratom, where did you find that recipe or is it your own? How long have you been using that combo and how many times per day?

Also, if you have noticed any benefits that you are pretty sure comes from using that combo for eye drops please tell us.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 01:23AM

honey ,acv and water.is old school i been giving it to people with serious eye problems.works great.found it in master fast book.iodine just add for fun.

Posted by: angelpie1 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 06:07PM

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that you should only use distilled water if you're mixing something to put in your eyes. Chlorine is very damaging to sensitive eye tissues. Not that you don't already know that, just didn't see it mentioned.

I use 1 drop of 5% Lugol's to 2 oz. of water as a daily eye drop. If you have 2% Lugol's, you can use 2 drops. Or you can use one drop of povodine/iodine. I'd be scared to put honey in my eyes because of all the impurities in it, but each to his own.

Date: July 23, 2015 04:28PM

I am still using the home made eye drops, I use Lugol's 5% Iodine and mix in 3 or 4 drops in a 1 oz dropper bottle with filtered or spring water. I use them every morning and have done for over 7 years. Works great for dry eye, weepy eyes, eye infections, & allergies that affect your eyes.

If you are going to start making and using your own, try adding only 1 or 2 drops of the Iodine to the 1 oz. bottle with filtered water. Work up to the 3 or 4 drops.

I also read a recipe for eye drops using colloidal silver and salt. I have no experience with that recipe at all. Just letting you know there is another out there for you to research.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables