Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

miscarraiges
Posted by: dns ()
Date: June 18, 2012 02:13AM

Anyone know what causes them? My wife and I are suffering the loss of our second lost child, and while it seems to be something many women experience, it doesn't make the loss feel any less significant. This was particularly significant for us, I am 54, my wife is 37, so we are not in our early 20's. There are many on this site that might tell me that what we have eaten has affected this, as I am sure is true to some extent. But I come back to questions like, "Then why are so many junk food eaters and crack heads having babies left and right?" Any thoughts would be appreciated.

David

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: miscarraiges
Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:31AM

Maybe it has to do with you being 54 and your wife 37, at least in part. Generally the older we get the trickier it becomes on the child bearing front, not taking into account any personal health problems that might well too be present. Other than that, what does your doctor say why it happened?

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2012 03:33AM by chat.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 18, 2012 11:35AM

I'm sorry this has happened to you, and I hope you can heal from this loss.

Please consult the doctors about what may have happened, and make sure that all of your nutrition numbers are excellent. Miscarriages are actually fairly common and the causes are varied. SADers have them, too, as do crackheads, and unhealthy people, so this line of thinking, though understandable, puts unecessary pressure on the two of you. Try not to indulge it.

Has your wife carried children to term before? How raw are you and what kind of raw are you? For how long have you both been raw? Is there a physiological precondition that may have contributed? These and other answers may have a bearing, but may not. That's why clinical tests are in order.

I hope you get answers that bring you hope and peace.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 18, 2012 01:58PM

I'm sorry for your losses.

You could look into things like Iodine intake, thyroid issues, etc.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2012 01:59PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

The one consolation I can offer is that the body will do it's best not to carry to term an embryo that is not perfect. Miscarriage is nature's way of preventing birth of babies who will have insurmountable health issues. This is not always the case, modern medicine often interferes to bring a child to term that the body is in some way trying to reject. Sometimes this works out but often there is injury to the infant or the mother.
All I can offer you is to trust your wife's body to do what it needs to do. She may not be able to carry a child to term, there is no way to know if that would be too much for her system to handle. Take excellent care of yourselves in the meantime and really talk and love each other through this.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:54AM

I do body/emotion work. I have helped many couples with this issue by putting my hands on the woman's body at the level of the uterus and ask that organ to talk to us and what the issue really may be. Do you have access to someone who does 'somatoemotional' work or 'craniosacral therapy'?

Posted by: dns ()
Date: June 20, 2012 10:58AM

thanks for all the replies.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 21, 2012 06:23PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm not sure if your wife is working or where she is working, but long-term exposure to certain types of machinery/equipment can also play a part in difficulty bringing a child to term.

There are SOOOO many external, environmental factors that are not any one person's fault....

I wish lots of healing to you both.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 22, 2012 11:30PM

i heard that the man's age actually doesn't matter
they could be making babies ( err.. .i mean helping in making babies)
even if they were a hundred

no kidding

on the finer note however
i'm sure the sperm quality does matter as far as what the child will have for its own genetic make up etc.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 29, 2012 02:57AM

I just found a really fascinating website, all about herbs and their many interactions with the female reproductive system. It's tricky to navigate, but it even talks about clearing up bad pap smears with naturopathic treatment...

Lots of great stuff about enhancing fertility and strengthening your body naturally, the complex interaction of hormones, etc.

*Disclaimer: it also mentions herbal abortion, which some may find offensive.

But the compendium of knowledge of alternatives to mainstream female hormone management is bar none.

[www.sisterzeus.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 10, 2012 11:48PM

Here’s some Food for Thought:

Jay Kordich, aka the Juiceman, married a woman close to 30 years younger than him and when they had their first son, he was rated a 7 on the Apgar Scale. Jay's wife was a sickly young woman when they first met, but Jay kept pumping her full of fresh juices and raw food. By the time they had their second son a couple of years later, he was the first baby in that hospital's history to have a 10 rating.

“...Joseph and Mary, two devout and holy-minded souls, consecrated to the service of God and dreaming of the coming of a Messiah to serve Israel, obeyed the injunctions of the high priest of the Essenes to prepare a body for the coming of a great soul. Thus of an immaculate conception Jesus was born. By immaculate is meant clean, rather than supernatural." -Manly P. Hall, “The Secret Teachings of All Ages” p. CLXXIX

“One of the most basic functions of the human body is survival so temporary sterilization is your body’s way of protecting you from killing yourself. ...so sterility/infertility is a protective measure that your body takes, knowing in your unhealthy state you may not be able to survive a pregnancy.” -Dr. Richard Schulze, July 2001 Newsletter

Peace and Love..........John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables