Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone make their own shampoo or recommend a good one?
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 02, 2012 11:46AM

I'm looking for paraben, phthalate and sodium laurel sulfate free with mostly natural ingredients. I've heard some just dilute Dr. Bonner's castile soap with a little water and an essential oil so I may try that. Thoughts?

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone make their own shampoo or recommend a good one?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 02, 2012 02:15PM

Hiya! I use Dr. Bronners Shikakai pump soaps--they're mostly sugars and saponified oils, and don't strip the hair of moisture, but seem to get it clean. The Baby Mild is a good one, but my hair seems to prefer the Lemongrass Lime one. As with all their products, a little dab'll do ya.

Re: Does anyone make their own shampoo or recommend a good one?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 07, 2012 03:44PM

lol.. this is gonna start sounding like I use bicarb for everything.. maybe I do, lol... but I just add a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda to 1 cup of warm water, shake it up, let it dissolve well, then use that. For conditioner I do the same but with apple cider vinegar. Works great. Dead simple!

In fact, I'm currently just packing to go on holiday, all my toiletries consist of a tub of coconut oil, a little tub of bicarb, couple tiny bottles of essential oil mixtures, and a little bottle of neem. In various combinations, that takes care of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deoderant, suncream and mosquito repellant grinning smiley

ooh, writing this post has just reminded me that I need to pack ACV! x

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2012 03:51PM by lisa m.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables