Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low Fat Raw Vegan - dental issues
Posted by: augustrainbow ()
Date: July 07, 2012 08:29PM

After hearing about 80/10/10 for about 2 years, I finally decided to try this approach to healing candida which I have struggled with for many years. Actually, I've been reading a lot of articles on Frederic Patenaude's site and which promotes low fat raw vegan, but not necessarily 80/10/10. It has been a little more two months that I have decreased the fat intake in my diet, for the most part I avoid oils, nuts, seeds, avocados and I eat mostly fruits (sweet and non-sweet), greens, and some other vegetables (like potatoes, organic corn) and non-gluten grains. I usually have a green smoothie during the day and 1 or two fruit meals, and sometimes I'll have a salad. I would describe my diet as high carb, low fat, mostly raw, and mostly plant based. I'm not opposed to including some high quality animal products in one's diet, but I feel that it should be a small portion of the diet because animal products are acid-forming and are low in fiber. So I might eat some fish or chicken (I don't eat red meat) only about a couple times each month.

In some ways, I feel that eating this way is working.I love fruit, and my diet requires little food preparation which saves me time and energy. One of the best benefits I have found is a high improvement in my acne. I still breakout a little, and I know it is when I am not following the diet and may have too much fat and/or eating too many things at one time (I know eating simply is best but I'm still new to this!). I find it interesting because I know I've read a lot of testimonies that said the diet actually caused their acne. I also wonder if that had to do with clogged intestines from not colon cleansing which I believe is very important and I try to do that regularly (I use a product very similar to Oxy-powder.)

I love how light I feel eating mostly fruit, and I have more mental clarity as well. I do have a huge concern, which is that I am experiencing some tooth sensitivity and pain. I try to avoid citrus and dried fruit, which has helped some. I have Ramiel Nagel's book Cure Tooth Decay which basically says you need to consume a lot of animal products like bone broth, cod liver oil, raw milk, and eggs to heal one's teeth. I feel that its unhealthy to consume so many animal products and doing just makes me feel clogged up and weighed down. I feel all right eating some fish and some eggs, but still, I don't like to have these too often. I am concerned about the acid-forming effect of these animal products and the toxins found in fish. I would prefer to consume raw goat's milk because its vegetarian and would require the least preparation, but I don't know where I could find that and I am very concerned that it would cause my acne to come back full force like cow's milk products have done in the past for me.

So, I'm wondering, has anyone had a similar experience or have any advice for me? Maybe a supplement? Do you think I just need to eat more greens and vegetables? The problem with that, is that I find it hard to digest vegetables except maybe when they are blended, but that is not always an option for me because of my work and my schedule. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low Fat Raw Vegan - dental issues
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 08, 2012 12:22PM

Hello, augustrainbow!

Three things:

Are you rinsing your mouth after eating, and then brushing your teeth? All raw produce has enzymes that can cause some people's teeth irritation, so it is important to keep track of dental hygiene.

Are you intaking sufficient minerals? The Nagel system seems designed to remineralize the bones, and while you are correct that animal foods are acidifying and thus not the ideal means to remineralize one's tissues, doing so is still imperative in deficiency. Leafy greens are a must on this diet, especially if one's teeth are having problems. Green smoothies, green juices, especially with wheatgrass, barleygrass and/or sprouts, would be helpful, as would eating large salads every day. Liquids, I have found, are easier to deal with on a tight work schedule, as they are pre-processed and portable.

This concerned me:

I try to do that[colon cleansing] regularly (I use a product very similar to Oxy-powder.)

Here in the States, Oxy is the brand name for a hydrogen peroxide based cleaning and laundry detergent. It is not a hygine product and must not be used internally in any way. I am hoping, really hoping, that I am misunderstanding this phrase in your post!!!

Try doing a search of older threads pertaining to tooth or bone problems on these Forums; it may prove useful. Good luck!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:58PM

dental issues are caused by mineral deficiencies not germs and germ theories. Minerals are responsible for the inmune system. The reason they don't mention this is the 801010 forums is because deficiencies are tabu in what is supposed to be a perfect model. Teeth problems, hair problems, low hormones, etc are caused by deficeint diets. Read about zinc.

Posted by: augustrainbow ()
Date: July 11, 2012 05:01PM

Thanks for your responses...I do try to rinse my mouth after eating, but sometimes I forget...I think I need to eat a lot more greens...although I'm also unsure if the greens that I'm buying have high levels of minerals...

Tamukha, the colon cleansing product I use is NOT Oxy-clean which I think is the product you were thinking of that is used for doing laundry. Its a colon cleansing product made for internal use that is made with magnesium oxide which is the active ingredient. Its totally safe for internal use and very effective for colon cleansing. I use it regularly because its inexpensive and convenient compared to getting colonics or doing enemas.

panchito- do you recommend any mineral supplements or know other ways that would be effective in increasing my mineral levels?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 11, 2012 06:37PM

Not sure. It is a wild guess. My theory is that the minerals of the sea are the good ones. These are:

Iodine (lugol's solution 2%)
Magnesium (Magnesium oil - Magnesium Chloride)
Zinc (ie. oysters contain lots of Zinc)
sea salt (contains "other" ingredients)

You should also look in to B12 skin patches since vegans are b12 low, and maybe eat more protein (ie. spirulina or chlorela). Low protein weakens the immune system. See if upping the protein intake improves your condition. It is a hit and miss thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables