Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone ever soak their feet in Urine?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 12, 2012 11:53PM

I came across a youtube vid that says to use a product that contains urea to soften my feet. I read up a little and it says that the urea is synthetically formulated and I'm not sure exactly how they do that. Seems like they use molecules from real urea and then reproduce them.

Anyway I searched to see what comes up for soaking feet in urine. There are lots of references for doing that esp. for athletic foot. I was wondering if anyone ever tried softening their feet with urine.

I bought the cream with the urea so I'll give it a try for my cracked heels. Also they say it could be zinc deficiency so I bought some zinc supps.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever soak their feet in Urine?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 13, 2012 03:05PM

I am not a fan of urine therapy because there's a reason your body doesn't reuptake it--it's waste. The few times I have used a product with urea in it, I have gotten chemical burns, which has caused me to remember what I just wrote. So, never again, I vow!

Let us know how your foot cream works, Prism; I guess it works by chemically removing dead skin? I shall be trying pumice stones and plant oils smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2012 04:30PM

The best thing I've ever used for rough heels was a small hand sander. I think a small dremmel tool would work best. There's vids at youtube about that.

I used the cream for first time last night and it is nice. I'm also going to try soaking feet in urine.

I found out there are a lot of beauty products that use urea in their formulas.

About the chemical burns you say you've experienced..did the product(s) happen to also contain things like hydroxy acid..those can burn and I don't use anything like those. I paint on Lugol's Iodine when I want to lighten or get rid of skin anomalies.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 13, 2012 07:32PM

Why not use natural oils and generally look after your feet regularly, it will take perhaps longer to restore your feet to a nice state but once you start taking care of them, they won't get back to the dry cracked state.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: September 13, 2012 09:21PM

Tried the urine and it wasn't as good as warm water and baking soda. The baking soda soak give me the best deep cleaning of my cracked heels.

I like the fixitol cream but it's not any better or worse than other otc stuff imo. Cocoa butter, coconut oil all have worked just as well for me and when absorbed by the body much healthier.

It's my fault when my feet get in this condition. I wear flip flops instead of shoes and socks. It was summer and they are easy to slip on for walks with my dog. If I would wear socks and shoes all the time when outdoor my feet would be much better off. But because I never did like wearing tight fitting shoes, hi-heels and the such..my feet are in very good condition for my age of 59 in a few days 60.

Getting older though also plays some role if you aren't in tip top healthy condition and some nutrient/vitamin/mineral deficiencies also may play a part. When younger I could wear flip flops all the time and didn't have this much of a problem.

I still want a dremmel thoughsmiling smiley I'd love to have soft feet all summer long!

Love,
Prism

Date: September 14, 2012 04:26PM

Happy upcoming Birthday, Prism! smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2012 05:23PM

hahaha..oh you noticed that did you Tamukhasmiling smiley Thank you for the b-day wish.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 15, 2012 01:46PM

smiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 15, 2012 08:55PM

What if you put creme/oil on your feet everytime before you wear flip-flops? I suppose the downside would be your feet would get dirty quickly, but the upside could be that the oil will protect the feet from drying up?

Date: September 15, 2012 09:54PM

Wearing oil on your feet while trying to navigate flip flops could be hazardous to your health. Do not try this at homesmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: September 16, 2012 06:34AM

Haha that's true I haven't thought about it! smiling smiley I don't often wear flip-flops as it seems to me that my feet will get cold even during summer (although it's British summer admittedly). But I'm sure it's just because I'm not used to them, my partner on the other hand would wear flip-flops all year through, he is from New Zealand originally and this is what he used to do since childhood. His feet are nice and smooth though, but I'm wondering if it is because he is a man - as men's skin is generally naturally more protected than women's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables